Spawning habits of catrats and saladmanders?

12 hours ago, Squirrel12 said:

Now that leafy meat is a pretty useful ingredient. Was wondering what's the best method of farming them? It be cool if we could farm catrats or saladmanders? Does anyone know anything about their respawn cycles

Unfortunatelly Carrats (outside of the YotC event from february, outside of HN via using moon potion on a carrot) and Saladmanders ( outside of Hallowed Nights event - via using the moon potion on a dragonfruit) don't naturally respawn or get farmed.

I'm not aware of any way to make grass gekkos, saladmanders, or carrats respawn so the best way to farm leafy meat is a lureplant. They give it at a pretty good rate, though. The other day I had 5 on my boat from the first spring so I was getting 5 leafy meat every other day. I had a full stack of it in my salt box before I disconnected. You can't really get those until a few hours in, though, since they only start spawning in spring, and public players really like deleting them for some reason... Hopefully that will stop now that they have crock pot recipes.

You can also get leafy meat by murdering the spring and autumn ocean fish, although that's even more time limited and a lot of effort. Lureplants are your best bet.

12 minutes ago, gaymime said:

i've seen grassgeckos spawn after you pick nearby grass sort of like gobblers with berry bushes

The grass tufts turn into the gekkos. I'm not aware of any way to get more grass tufts (and I don't see anything on the wiki) so the amount of times that that could happen would be limited.

12 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Unfortunatelly Carrats (outside of the YotC event from february, outside of HN via using moon potion on a carrot) and Saladmanders ( outside of Hallowed Nights event - via using the moon potion on a dragonfruit) don't naturally respawn or get farmed.

This is very concerning to me the. On public servers, Lunar islands will just be empty husks.

I hope they make these critters renewable over time.. I love the new mobs found on the lunar islands, so much so that I wish I could generate my entire map in its “Lunar” form.. It is sad to know that the mobs on the Island can go extinct...

But I guess the same could also apply to Pigs, Merms, Catcoons etc.... if you deliberately went around the map burning/destroying their spawning locations & killing them all out.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I hope they make these critters renewable over time.. I love the new mobs found on the lunar islands, so much so that I wish I could generate my entire map in its “Lunar” form.. It is sad to know that the mobs on the Island can go extinct...

But I guess the same could also apply to Pigs, Merms, Catcoons etc.... if you deliberately went around the map burning/destroying their spawning locations & killing them all out.

i would be happy with just reproduction so when i come back to the island the population will be recovered instead of the 3 salamanders i have in my moon island (i killed 2 and move 3 to my base(i wanted 4 but i dont want the moon island empty :/))

Totally agree. I love the lunar island and it’s critters. They should make it so that dropping carrots and dragonfruit on the lunar island during a full moon turns them into their animal counterparts, similar to how bath bombs in hot springs work to make glass renewable.

Alternatively, if they wanted to buff Wormwood and his plant relations, they could make it so he can combine a carrot/dragonfruit and a living log to create a new animal. It would fit within his lore since he was created using a magical moon stone, he could simply harness its power for other beings too.

Pigs can still be renewed using moonstone 

Archived