Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Hornete

Crows Nest attachment

Recommended Posts

Now that we have the super cool mast upgrades, why not a crows nest attachment? I've always been bothered by the small camera range out on the ocean, and then perfect way to solve this is a crows nest attachment! The player will be able to hop onto masts with the crows nest attachment and have an increased camera view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

that'd be nice, but how far does the camera go?

thinking immediately on this, i had just gotten from a game where a walter and i we're sailing and while he told stories, i checked my map at night to make sure we didn't crash.

my point being, i think this'd need to be just as beneficial to the captain as it is the lookout. maybe some generated quotes of "we're about to crash into that pile of rocks" and "land ho!". maybe arrows to tell the captain where the obstacles are coming in from that the normally wouldn't see?

basically just make the captain benefit and not be an upgrade only for people who are gods at multitasking between climbing the nest and steering the ship.

also is that a new signature, TheHollowKnight? I believe that's the cut pure vessel or hollow knight dream dialogue. it's neat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Xbox/Playstations camera angles are fixed.. they can’t be zoomed in or out.

While I of course Admire the idea of a pirates crow nest, how well would an idea like that work for people playing Solo and for us console players?

Dont forget that we now have that Wavey Jones thing that’s in the game, creepily messing with structures on your boat and poking holes in it.

Would you be able to get back down from the Crows Nest in time when playing solo to drop your anchor that Wavey has raised in the dead of night before you smash into a Seastack?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Would you be able to get back down from the Crows Nest in time when playing solo to drop your anchor that Wavey has raised in the dead of night before you smash into a Seastack?

In my head I imagine you would be able to get off the nest in an instant.

 

9 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

my point being, i think this'd need to be just as beneficial to the captain as it is the lookout. maybe some generated quotes of "we're about to crash into that pile of rocks" and "land ho!". maybe arrows to tell the captain where the obstacles are coming in from that the normally wouldn't see?

That would be a great idea! I love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe they could come swinging down from the mast quickly with a cool pirate animation from a rope (okay look pirates are my thing... I’ve had birthday parties aboard real pirate ships and when I was a kid I had that huge fisherprice pirate boat with like 300 pirate figures to put on it)

Anyway.. what if the person on the crows nest had an Apex Legends style “Pinging” System and could tell the driver where important stuff is at. 
 

I think the Ping system should be in well every game ever... because it just helps people like me who don’t use a headset, communicate with people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love this; when I play SoT with friends I refuse to be anything but lookout (unless they really need me to) and this would be no different. It would make the ships start to feel a little more like "Ships" y'know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2020 at 11:11 PM, Hornete said:

Now that we have the super cool mast upgrades, why not a crows nest attachment? I've always been bothered by the small camera range out on the ocean, and then perfect way to solve this is a crows nest attachment! The player will be able to hop onto masts with the crows nest attachment and have an increased camera view.

Great idea. And knowing Klei it will probably look like a big vest with crow drawings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites