Which DLC character is more worth buying?

20 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

But they perform better, once you went into all the trouble to get them and got stone fruits.

They are not less efficient, they are less convenient IMHO.

Thats exactly WHY they are less efficient.

54 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

The ramp up is much slower, and they accept less efficient foods for long term companionship.

While they are alot slower to get fully functional saying the food take is inefficient is flat out wrong even more so when you consider merms 33% hunger gain. 3 cooked berries is 15 minutes(technically 16) of follower time per merm.

You guys do know you can give Merms any non-meat item to befriend them as Wurt right? Carrot.. seed, whatever, you can also give them their own pet fish.. they’ll follow you, they will chop trees AND Mine Rocks for you.

Pigmen only Chop Trees.. they will not mine rocks at all.

I guess those perks aren’t so special if you play with a “insert better resource gather here” on your team- but for ME who mostly plays with 1 or two other friends and simply does not do the whole 6 person squad up thing- Wurt is a pretty decent character.

Give a Merm a fish found in the very same ponds in your swamp or from dead Merms.. they’ll follow you as guards, hit a tree ONCE with an Axe, or a Rock ONCE with a Pickaxe your Merms will finish the job saving you tool durability.

And finally- Wearing Top Hat and Carrying a pet fish negates sanity drain altogether.
Identical to a Willow with Hat+Holding Bernie.

Wurt does NOT suck... maybe she’s just not for you.

3 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

You're desceibing pigs, but less efficient.

Thats not depth.

I mean, you don't have to make it THAT obvious that you haven't played Wurt for more than a little bit, lol. It doesnt take long at all to make enough merm houses, and with chopping forests without worrying about dusk or Treeguards it pays off at like, day 20.

Also I talked about a bunch of things, from which you gathered it could all be done by pigs, but worse. ?.

But to be entirely and completely honest, from what I've seen and read from you in this forum I see you as a radar looking for opportunities to be grumpy

The problem to me is your merm king perks and followers are lost in the underworld, so I find it pretty stupid to have a "late game" character unable to do the "end game" content with her own advantages. The only solution is rebuilding a second time all the merm stuff in the caves and feeding two kings at once. It's a pretty bad design with the wetness draining your sanity and other stuff, most of the characters have few flaws in their design but Wurt's ones are more impacting to me

14 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

I mean, you don't have to make it THAT obvious that you haven't played Wurt for more than a little bit, lol. It doesnt take long at all to make enough merm houses, and with chopping forests without worrying about dusk or Treeguards it pays off at like, day 20.

Also I talked about a bunch of things, from which you gathered it could all be done by pigs, but worse. ?.

But to be entirely and completely honest, from what I've seen and read from you in this forum I see you as a radar looking for opportunities to be grumpy

"Any argument can be won if I make baseless assumptions about the other person."

Christ, how many times have I seen that now...

59 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys do know you can give Merms any non-meat item to befriend them as Wurt right? Carrot.. seed, whatever, you can also give them their own pet fish.. they’ll follow you, they will chop trees AND Mine Rocks for you.

Pigmen only Chop Trees.. they will not mine rocks at all.

I guess those perks aren’t so special if you play with a “insert better resource gather here” on your team- but for ME who mostly plays with 1 or two other friends and simply does not do the whole 6 person squad up thing- Wurt is a pretty decent character.

Give a Merm a fish found in the very same ponds in your swamp or from dead Merms.. they’ll follow you as guards, hit a tree ONCE with an Axe, or a Rock ONCE with a Pickaxe your Merms will finish the job saving you tool durability.

And finally- Wearing Top Hat and Carrying a pet fish negates sanity drain altogether.
Identical to a Willow with Hat+Holding Bernie.

Wurt does NOT suck... maybe she’s just not for you.

I'm not saying Wurt is bad per say it's justthat her merm followers are a side grade follower rather than a upgrade which can be disappointing when you consider it's the main focus of the character that being said I still like Wurt even if I don't play her as much as I used to.

On a side note anyone know how to make a poll? Had a idea for one but I don't know how

23 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

"Any argument can be won if I make baseless assumptions about the other person."

Christ, how many times have I seen that now...

The grumpy radar assumption, or the thinking merms are less efficient than pigs can not possibly come from well-rounded experience assumption?... Cause I feel I explained the basis for both pretty clearly

8 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

wow It's too direct, but yes.

The work of the klei staff seems to be worthless to some people. They just want to simply say that these updates are meaningless, in other words: this type of person may be thinking "if I am a developer i must be better than you.You don't know how to make games balabala. But obviously this type of person does not have this ability.

If they have the ability to make a game competes with dst Just like "hytale" being developed by hytale studio, they want to compete well with Minecraft in the future .If they are like hytale studio i will show them 100% respect. 

but,relying on dst to write certain mods make some peoples feels better than the developer?ridiculous.

first of all, you have to respect the developers. Without them, there is no game. Without this game, Can these people who do not respect Klei developers make dst for us better? Obviously not.

I have seen very amazing mods in Minecraft, and have talked to some mod authors. First of all, they all respect Minecraft game developers. But in this community, some people obviously don't do this.

and it is very important that I have also reviewed the comments made by this type of person. It makes me very interesting.XD

If you have single-player, go for Hamlet, and you'll get Wormwood for free. If not, I would reccomend Wortox. I main him, so obviously there's some bias, but he's the most fun imo, which is why I main him.

People are saying that he is op, but I dont think that's the case. He has some big downsides that could kill newbies. WX-78 and Wickerbottom are definetly better imo.

22 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

If you have single-player, go for Hamlet, and you'll get Wormwood for free. If not, I would reccomend Wortox. I main him, so obviously there's some bias, but he's the most fun imo, which is why I main him.

People are saying that he is op, but I dont think that's the case. He has some big downsides that could kill newbies. WX-78 and Wickerbottom are definetly better imo.

Yeah, same; I like his personality and design, and also I really enjoy teleporting around (especially across land gaps and even more so in the caves) and being able to easily get healing. However, if you're bad at inventory management or you avoid his food penalties by eating mostly souls, you'll have a lot of trouble keeping your sanity up, and I don't really expect newbies to excel at using teleportation to avoid blows in combat or killing shadow creatures.

As I've said in other threads, Wormwood is a good utility character who can craft some very useful items and save a lot of effort making farms to grow specific crops, and it's relatively easy for him to manage hunger (except in spring, his stomach is more bottomless than Wolfgang's in spring) and sanity so long as he doesn't end up on lumberjack duty. He has a little more trouble with his plant empathy and flammability in singleplayer, but fire doesn't spread as easily in DST so it's less likely you'll be innocently tending a campfire and then the entire forest bursts into flame. Also I like his personality too and his skins are some of my favourites in the game.

Wormwood's a secondary main for me and Wortox is a primary main; I find Wormwood's perks less exciting but his main drawback is a lot less irritating in a multiplayer context where people only sometimes remember to fence in their pig villages when they don't main a monster character themself.

As this thread demonstrates, Wurt's gameplay is complicated and not everyone agrees on whether it's as good as playing one of the non-DLC characters, but I think she has some solid stuff and it just doesn't suit my playstyle.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:26 AM, Pikapikap said:

I have already said that this is my personal approach. Buying all is my approach. I have not asked others to do this.Because for me they are all worth buying. What's wrong?

It's wrong because i think it's pretty obvious that everyone here would like to buy/have them all, you know?

On topic: i think wortox is no doubt the most fun to play of them all, and a pretty strong character overall, so i would pick him. 

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

It's wrong because i think it's pretty obvious that everyone here would like to buy/have them all, you know?

On topic: i think wortox is no doubt the most fun to play of them all, and a pretty strong character overall, so i would pick him. 

It’s not hard to get the 3 DLC Characters.. they cost 2700 spool each, that’s only a few useless things you don’t want unraveled for a character you’ll play and enjoy, I have them all unlocked too.. but I don’t go around bragging about it.

Honestly I’m surprised how the hell Klei makes any money at all off this game when the 3 DLC characters can be crafted for free, almost any skin you want can be crafted/gifted free, And all the games DLC updates have been Free.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s not hard to get the 3 DLC Characters.. they cost 2700 spool each, that’s only a few useless things you don’t want unraveled for a character you’ll play and enjoy, I have them all unlocked too.. but I don’t go around bragging about it.

Honestly I’m surprised how the hell Klei makes any money at all off this game when the 3 DLC characters can be crafted for free, almost any skin you want can be crafted/gifted free, And all the games DLC updates have been Free.

i also have them all and don't go around bragging about it, that was exactly my point. Maybe op does not have the time or money, that's why he is asking which one to get.

Wow, thank you all a lot for all of this attention! Really helped!

Well, I almost only play co-op, so apparently not Wurt. That makes the decision a lot easier so I don't have to wrap my head around all these confusing and devisive things you people stated lol.
Even though Wortox seems to be the most liked, I've decided to go with Wormwood. One of my friends usually plays Wickerbottom so Applied Horticulture must be nice with a spam of seeds. And for the sanity thing, we usually have a Woody, so cutting wood wouldn't be a problem and also would provide a lot of pinecones. Not only that but you showed me it'd be nice to provide my team with his perks and I think it fits how I like to play.

Once again, thank you all a lot. I'm really glad this forum has so many helpful people.

Archived