The Uncanny Amount Of Coincidences Between Webber and Wilson

3 hours ago, researchlab_2 said:

Now,  Webber says that his father worked on something resembling Alchemy Engine. We can assume Webber is around the age of Wendy - 8-11 years old. Being a small child, he might have mistaken AE with some farm equipment.

webber is wilson's bastard child. (/light humor)

in all seriousness, it's entirely probable that both the mother and wilson could have lived apart, and wilson may have moved at some point.

additionally, webber explicitly mentions that his(? their?) father used to work on something like the AE. unless their vision is horrible, i don't think one would be able to mistake the AE for farm equipment?

27 minutes ago, Voidbarker said:

webber is wilson's bastard child. (/light humor)

in all seriousness, it's entirely probable that both the mother and wilson could have lived apart, and wilson may have moved at some point.

additionally, webber explicitly mentions that his(? their?) father used to work on something like the AE. unless their vision is horrible, i don't think one would be able to mistake the AE for farm equipment?

Well I mean what's even the explanation for characters to be able to create items only when sanding near some science machine? I'd say it's only Consant's magic, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Now, if following my thought process, there's no reason why Webber's father would work on a science station.

considering the alchemy machine looks a (discoloured) still and the science machine looks like a hand-cranked washer i wouldn't being surprised a small child would 'recognize' them if they saw something close-to-but-not-exactly like them so i am with the 'lab on this one

Spoiler

fe11e7b538dcbc62cdbb4735c98fa54d--victor

Planning-a-repurposed-kitchen%E2%80%A6-V832fd464f9ae889f4f189fb368c26b20.jpg&f=1

11 hours ago, researchlab_2 said:

Dear OP,  you can't pick up random coincidences and say "well maybe it's far-fetched, but who knows". Yes, who knows, but going that way could lead us into thinking Wilson comes from the same bloodline as Nicholas II of Russia because his hair looks like a crown and he says that Thulecite Crown fits him. 

Jesus. Bit harsh man, it's just a video game I was speculating on.

3 hours ago, gaymime said:

considering the alchemy machine looks a (discoloured) still and the science machine looks like a hand-cranked washer i wouldn't being surprised a small child would 'recognize' them if they saw something close-to-but-not-exactly like them so i am with the 'lab on this one

Hide contents

fe11e7b538dcbc62cdbb4735c98fa54d--victor

Planning-a-repurposed-kitchen%E2%80%A6-V832fd464f9ae889f4f189fb368c26b20.jpg&f=1

Yeah, that's somewhat plausible.

Still doesn't quite explain an abominably large amount of similarities between both Wilson and Webber. The way the both of them phrase things, for one. A lot of phrasing tends to be picked up from the environment?

2 hours ago, Voidbarker said:

snip

because i think this thread is a fun mental exercise that isn't hurting anyone i am going to reply in a spoiler. fair warning to anyone who reads it; this kind of kills a little of the fun and is just shy of what the most boring language teacher would say, haha

Spoiler

the game was written by a handful of people trying to make a very narrow sliced theme. a lot of the characters share the same vocabulary, interpretation of values and language structure. having two that sound a fair bit alike makes sense especially given the many thousands of lines in the game. trying to pin value on it is not productive and just makes the seams show a bit too much. for a better understanding i would recommend looking at several wiki items and reading the quotes all in succession. you will see there are three structures used to describe most items(barring the occasional character-sensitive self-referential joke) there is the 'this thing's purpose is to labor for my benefit' the 'this is a thing, here is how i feel about that" and the "this reminds me of; word association/word salad/personal language error" all of which are valid of course but are quite limited and bleed between the characters. i would have to say something in the range of about 60% of any given items description is a reiteration with only a slight rearrangement and the rest are the same words but coloured with the affect/restriction of the speaker(notably wurt, wilba, peglegs and wormwood but occasionally others as well)

truthfully if you want a more lively conversation you should shy a bit away from the places where the 'game' parts show through the veneer

This is a very silly and flimsy theory that clearly a lot of effort was put into.  I respect the effort, but the conclusion is bunk.

1) Webber clearly rememberers his time pre-spider and has all sorts of related quotes.

2) If Wilson was Webber’s father, he would recognize him as such (as Webber clearly met his father based on quotes.)

I know someone will try to rebut this with “but wendy didn’t know Max was her uncle” and that has two issues

1) It’s entirely possible never to meet one’s uncle

2) Wendy doesn’t have quotes talking about her uncle (because she never met him)

37 minutes ago, Toros said:

1) It’s entirely possible never to meet one’s uncle

2) Wendy doesn’t have quotes talking about her uncle (because she never met him)

The Wendy thing is super weird though, come to think about it.

She might not have met her uncle before, but Maxwell is still the near spitting image of her father.

Archived