Did wagstaff escape the constant?

I really feel he escaped the constant because of the investigation board vignette, since it has stuff after dont starve and wagstaff came to the constant on his own terms, so he might have been able to escape. If you need something about this ask me

1 hour ago, elol_ said:

he escaped

I'm not sure that Wagstaff would want to escape without taking many things from this wonderful world with him. He keeps saying that many things, especially dark fuel, he wants to take home with him.
He may be a genius, but I'm not sure he has enough knowledge to build a portal back home. It's possible, though.
I still don't understand how projection works. Either he projects himself into this world with the help of some devices, or he could get unpleasant consequences due to moving in space, so he begins to distort when his health loses.

I kinda figured in DS, he projected himself into the Constant first to see what it was like. Hence him being added to vanilla DS as a playable character instead of being unlocked through Hamlet.

However, in Winona’s short, that’s actually him being pulled in. So if he does appear in DST at some point, that’s actually him and not just the projection. So projection first, then Next of Kin.

Speaking of Mr Wagstaff, The other days QoL update that added Beefalo, Fences & fence doors into the original DS game also added him to the Xbox Version, We also got Hamlet released!! So it’s been a pretty big week over all for the DS Franchise.

Walter Released in DST,

Massive Skin Sale in DST, 

Hamlet Released on Xbox One,

QoL update for Single Player DS game,

Wagstaff added to Xbox One version of DS,

I gotta honestly say I’m impressed with Klei, seems they really are trying to go all out with giving gamers something to do during staying (mostly) at home during this COVID-19 stuff. <3

my reasoning for why wagstaff escaped is during the time of charlie moving everyone to the new constant thing wagstaff left with his research done why else would he have done the investigation board

It has been established in several ways that the investigation board was created by Winona. It is the first thing shown in the short "Next of Kin". The description of her Industrious skin says "When all signs pointed towards the Voxola Radio Company, Winona knew what she had to do." If you watch through the opening scene of the short carefully, you can see that the board follows this description. Near the picture of the flower is Wagstaff's business card and a note that says "Gain access to Voxola." Then in the upper right is a paper that says Voxola Application at the top.

Spoiler

715199133_2019-03-07crop.thumb.png.03174a72d400eadbbca02f6fa856ab25.png

It is also implied through the Compendium biography for Winona: "For over a decade she tracked down every clue, followed every lead, poked, prodded, and questioned anyone who might have a connection to the case, until all the loose strings started to come together."

And I also want to add, the bg concepts and animatic for "Next of Kin" showed an earlier version of the opening scene where instead of cutting to the factory it panned out, revealing the investigation board next to Winona at her workstation. This was only shown in the BTS stream for "Next of Kin" which I uploaded here. The part with the animatic starts around here.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2019-03-14-21h30m03s529.thumb.png.fb4f70bb6ac92257f37bbd89d6c11cf6.png

24 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

It has been established in several ways that the investigation board was created by Winona. It is the first thing shown in the short "Next of Kin". The description of her Industrious skin says "When all signs pointed towards the Voxola Radio Company, Winona knew what she had to do." If you watch through the opening scene of the short carefully, you can see that the board follows this description. Near the picture of the flower is Wagstaff's business card and a note that says "Gain access to Voxola." Then in the upper right is a paper that says Voxola Application at the top.

Hide contents

"For over a decade she tracked down every clue, followed every lead, poked, prodded, and questioned anyone who might have a connection to the case, until all the loose strings started to come together."

so according to this 10 years past between chalie being sucked into the codex umbra and winona being trapped by her throw wagstaffs portal. Wagstaff in that 10 years could be investigating the constant via Wx-78 (sending data to the earth like a space probe) and, later, his proyection.

If is a proyection the wagstaff shown in Single player then we can think that something went wrong in the winona trailer and wagstaff, the real one, get sucked into the portal

Archived