Hamlet is now available on Xbox One!

me real life

I bought the Hamlet! This is fun. :) I died in what I’m assuming is a Bank Vault for my first ever Hamlet death.. after having been in temples, cave ruins, chased by poison frogs, mauled by mutated apes, chased by walking plants, attacked by vines from the ocean, followed by Pog (who are adorable BtW) attracted to Gnats- Chased away by some armor wearing pig man carrying a sharp axe who got mad cause I picked a few flowers out of his garden.. Explored a Pond using a Shipwrecked style boat, Oh yeah and ate some bad stuff that bleed my health core constantly.

All within Day 6!!!! The Hamlet is hard :( but I like it. Only thing that I dislike is that Wendy lost all QoL control over Abigail that I’ve grown so fond of with her DST Rework.

E3FFD783-80E0-4892-BA67-07A558D73EA4.jpeg

I saw the tweet out of nowhere and I got really happy. I left the pc on my parent's house so I stick to PS4 lately. 

I will patiently wait for the PS4 release for now, since I would like it to buy on Switch because of the portable mode, but that version is quite buggy so...

Anyhow, how's Wheeler dodge on a controller? 

19 hours ago, Misa22 said:

I saw the tweet out of nowhere and I got really happy. I left the pc on my parent's house so I stick to PS4 lately. 

I will patiently wait for the PS4 release for now, since I would like it to buy on Switch because of the portable mode, but that version is quite buggy so...

I haven’t unlocked her yet.. I’ve only had time to play Twice since buying it, a bit busy with trying to get my weekly challenges completed in the Apex Legends battle pass/ feeding my Dino’s on ark so they don’t die/unlocking curios in DST.. BUT!!! When I do have free time to play the Hamlet I’ll let you know.

I believe she’s gonna play similar to Wortox soul hop (I’ll let you know later the results.)

• Developer
8 hours ago, Moonatik said:

Is anyone have issues with the world settings on xbox ? It doesn't appear for me. I only have the green back screen, but no board with all settings and then I can't come back to the menu.

Our apologies, this is an issue that is occurring for the original versions of the game when the patch is installed, but the Hamlet DLC is not. We have our programmers working on it and will hopefully have a patch for it available in the next couple days.

1 hour ago, Wade said:

Our apologies, this is an issue that is occurring for the original versions of the game when the patch is installed, but the Hamlet DLC is not. We have our programmers working on it and will hopefully have a patch for it available in the next couple days.

Thank you. 

Didn't buy Hamlet yet, but I will I guess. I watched so many streams on its first release on PC, want to test it myself !  

On 6/16/2020 at 5:13 PM, Ogrecakes said:

Well there goes my hopes of an update to finally finish Hamlet to accompany the console release.

ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH VIDEO GAME! MAKE IT BETTER! the audacity of the video game to ONLY release for consoles!??! IT AINT RIGHT!

BAAAAAAWL BAAAAAWL BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL!!!!!!

I THOUGHT  U WAS MY FRIEND! klei OBVIOUSLY NO MORE!! I CANT TAKE THIS RELATIONZHIP ANYmore IM going to UNBUY DONT STARVE!!!! GOOD BYE SISSY!!!

46 minutes ago, Blunderbuss said:

ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH VIDEO GAME! MAKE IT BETTER! the audacity of the video game to ONLY release for consoles!??! IT AINT RIGHT!

BAAAAAAWL BAAAAAWL BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL!!!!!!

I THOUGHT  U WAS MY FRIEND! klei OBVIOUSLY NO MORE!! I CANT TAKE THIS RELATIONZHIP ANYmore IM going to UNBUY DONT STARVE!!!! GOOD BYE SISSY!!!

What are you talking about? It's not only on consoles it's been on pc for over a year.

And Klei specifically made promises of content that was going to be added to flesh out and finish Hamlet, and 2 months later they ship the game with none of those promises included, and a huge amount of cut and unfinished content, and a large part of what IS included is buggy.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay dumb question.. but why is it making me unlock Wigfrid, & Walani all over again in Hamlet??? Is this a bug? I was expecting to Unlock Wormwood, Wilba & Wheeler- Not people I Already unlocked. :( 

Did you delete your savefile? Technically if you start the game from scratch, you have to unlock RoG and SW character first. 

12 minutes ago, Misa22 said:

Did you delete your savefile? Technically if you start the game from scratch, you have to unlock RoG and SW character first. 

Nah I think it’s a bug with Ham because if I load RoG or SW they’re already Unlocked, if I load Ham they locked again.. and somewhere along the way I unlocked Wormwood. 

It’s confusing.. But I’m enjoying Hamlet so far, the whole City full of intelligent pigs who you can do tasks for and earn coins that uhh.. that parts odd- But I enjoy the dense jungles full of man eating walking plants and booby trapped temples.

There's is anyone experience some sound issue during the game?  I bought the game and since the first try, the sound bluring and echoing. I think it's kinda bug. Hopefully a new patch is coming soon cause it's  ruin the game.

But thank u very much for the console port.  U really made my day klei.  :)

• Developer
8 hours ago, raszkolnyi said:

There's is anyone experience some sound issue during the game?  I bought the game and since the first try, the sound bluring and echoing. I think it's kinda bug. Hopefully a new patch is coming soon cause it's  ruin the game.

But thank u very much for the console port.  U really made my day klei.  :)

Can I ask what language you are playing in? Also is this effect occurring from the beginning of Gameplay, or does it occur after playing for awhile.

We've had another issue also report the issue, but we've been unable to reproduce it myself. Any additional info you could provide would be helpful. :)

I didn’t know where to post this.. I’m not sure it’s a bug, but I know it does not go in Dont Starve Together forums so I tried to find a more appropriate place to paste this.

I was playing as Walani in Hamlet The other day & went out surfing on a pond lake gathering supplies, I return to the land & go to retrieve my Surfboard But wasn’t paying attention that I had no inventory space to put it! Which results in the Board slipping out of my hand then sinking into the depths of the pond.. looking at the crafting material needed to make a new Surfboard for Walani.. Do Seashells even SPAWN In Hamlet?! Ugh. & Shouldn’t Surfboards Float? x.X

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Which results in the Board slipping out of my hand then sinking into the depths of the pond.. looking at the crafting material needed to make a new Surfboard for Walani.. Do Seashells even SPAWN In Hamlet?! Ugh. & Shouldn’t Surfboards Float? x.X

Sadly in this scenario you will need to find a way from Hamlet to SW in order to get the materials for another surfboard.

About surfboards floating... yeah, probably. That's a really old bug, if you drop a surfboard into water from land then it'll sink, rather than placing itself like it would if you dropped it on the water from water.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:42 PM, Wade said:

Can I ask what language you are playing in? Also is this effect occurring from the beginning of Gameplay, or does it occur after playing for awhile.

We've had another issue also report the issue, but we've been unable to reproduce it myself. Any additional info you could provide would be helpful. :)

Sure. I play  in English language and the issue starts 2-3 minutes after a new game start. If I quit and restart the game the bug also returned after a couple of minutes gameplay. 

I hope my info was helpful and help u guy's at least a bit. 

Edit: it's start when I enter the painted biome. 

On 6/16/2020 at 9:36 PM, Misa22 said:

Unlocked her just now- and as I had guessed it’s identical in every way to Wortox’s Soulhop, only instead of having a limited amount of uses using soul power Wheelers is infinite and endless, it takes a few seconds in between each dodge so you can’t just infinitely dodge everywhere.

Her “Dodge” Animation is more of a Baseball slide, I thought she would do some super cool spinning in a circle type dodge like Indiana Jones/Lara Croft or something.

The Dodge Also has Very limited range on it and only goes in the direction your facing in.

image.jpg

Edit- The Navigadget is an Insanely overpowered thing... and as someone who likes to find things on their own I really dislike having this tool find stuff for me- I guess I can opt to just NOT use it.. Edit 2- Wheeler actually isn’t as broken as I had originally thought, the Navigadet would maybe need a Nerf.. maybe limit All what you can place into it.. other then that she would fit right in with everyone else.

Technically with this the dont starve mega pack is now false advertising because it says "own the COMPLETE dont starve collection!" Yet hamlet is not included so it's not really the complete collection now is it? This is equivalent to buying a season pass and then getting a dlc release that isnt included in the season pass and I feel kind of cheated

On 9/1/2020 at 4:38 AM, ScaredLonelyGho said:

Technically with this the dont starve mega pack is now false advertising because it says "own the COMPLETE dont starve collection!" Yet hamlet is not included so it's not really the complete collection now is it? This is equivalent to buying a season pass and then getting a dlc release that isnt included in the season pass and I feel kind of cheated

I'm sorry for your loss.

Archived