Invisible, Inc. Infiltrates Nintendo Switch

invisible-inc.jpg

Tactical Espionage. Take control of Invisible’s agents in the field and infiltrate the world’s most dangerous corporations. Stealth, precision, and teamwork are essential in high-stakes, high-profit missions, where every move may cost an agent their life.

Key Features

• Character selection: Start with any of the 10 unlockable agents in the game, plus 6 agent variants, and 6 starting programs to crack corporate security.
  •  Deep customization of builds: each play through is different as you create your own strategy using agents, items, augments and programs, and adapt to your surroundings.
  • Randomly generated world: locations, threats, and loot are randomly generated so each playthrough is vastly different and you’ll never get complacent.
  • Choose your own game mode: with 5 different game modes and extensive custom generation options, each player can play the way they prefer.
  • Includes the Contingency Plan DLC, which is an expansion that extends the campaign time and adds new rewards, agents, programs and danger to the base game of Invisible Inc.

Get it for $19.99 on the Eshop here: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/invisible-inc-nintendo-switch-edition-switch/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I don't even know what a "Switch" is but it's nice to see the game getting some attention again, considering it turned 5 years old a couple of weeks back! :)

Can we have some merch, too? Posters and T shirts maybe.

Still hoping for a sequel or a new DLC someday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I hope for something like a short for II sometime.

Same, it would be fantastic. II setting lends itself so well to shorts centered on wacky mission moments or agent shenanigans outside of missions.

• Like 3

On 6/15/2020 at 6:26 PM, JoeW said:

Character selection: Start with any of the 10 unlockable agents in the game, plus 6 agent variants, and 6 starting programs to crack corporate security.

But the nintendo page says:

-Character selection: Start with any of the 10 unlockable agents in the game, plus 8 agent variants, and 10 starting programs to crack corporate security.

EDIT: There are eight (basegame) agents who have an OnFile and an Archive variant, plus (basegame) Monst3r and Gladstone makes ten unlockable agents and their variants, plus the four DLC agents implied in the later bulletpoint.
There are five (basegame) generators to start with, plus DLC Burst, as well as five (basegame) breakers plus DLC Golem.

As such, the Nintendo page has the correct numbers for the known basegame, but no mention of Ritual or Siren.

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:42 AM, Hekateras said:

@JoeW Apparently the Switch version of the game has some content that's not available in the other releases, such as the programs Siren and Ritual. Are there any plans to make those available in the PC (etc.) version of the game?

I'd also like to know if the Switch extras will make it to the regular PC versions. One program I definitely don't remember is "Parity", that can lower the firewalls of everything within a 5 grid radius to the lowest firewall (so a group of level 5 firewall items could be lowered to a level 1 firewall potentially). Neat idea.

I really like having this game on the Switch/on-the-go, and that's why I sprung for it on release day at full price. But the game has some pretty bad stuttering/freezing.

Past the first couple missions, selecting basically any action results in the entire game freezing up for anywhere from 10-30 seconds. It kind of ruins the pacing/fun of it. Some corporations seem worse than others, maybe it's something with how many lights/animations are on screen at once? Regardless, it's frustrating. As with any port, I'd rather take a graphical hit and have the game perform well than have it look exactly the same and run poorly.

Will there be an update/patch for the Switch soon to fix those types of issues?

Edited by cecoates
  • Like 4

This old bug has resurfaced now that people are playing the switch version. https://reddit.com/r/invisibleinc/comments/he281u/dlc_characters_not_working_on_switch_version/

I figured out a way to reproduce it. Start or load a game that has the DLC disabled. Then, without restarting the game, start a game with DLC enabled. Any items added by the DLC will disappear, can be verified if you start with one of the new agents. Log will look something like this: 

[LUA] Missing upgrade 'augment_ambient_turbine' when applying to unitData id=nil, name=Olivia
[LUA] Missing upgrade 'item_crybaby' when applying to unitData id=nil, name=Olivia
[LUA] Missing upgrade 'augment_particle_envelope' when applying to unitData id=nil, name=Derek
[LUA] Missing upgrade 'item_transport_beacon' when applying to unitData id=nil, name=Derek

This happens because the table in upgradedefs only updates once, the first time createUnitData is called. The table needs to be reset after every time mods are loaded.

The mod Sim Constructor already fixes this issue so if you're using that you don't have to worry about this.

Edited by Cyberboy2000
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 3:17 PM, cecoates said:

Past the first couple missions, selecting basically any action results in the entire game freezing up for anywhere from 10-30 seconds. It kind of ruins the pacing/fun of it. Some corporations seem worse than others, maybe it's something with how many lights/animations are on screen at once? Regardless, it's frustrating.

I've had that same type of freezing. I'm pretty sure it's tied to how long you leave the game open rather than your mission progress. You can fix it by saving and exiting the game, closing it from the Switch system menu, then restarting it. Still kinda annoying but it's way better than dealing with the freezes.