Griftlands Art and Card Flavor - Favorites

Can we talk about some of the card art and how good it is? The card art and characters in Griftlands have so much personality. Of course there's some cards that aren't great (Lacerate and Hemorrhage comes to mind) but there are so many that are just hilarious.

My personal favorites (but not all; too many to list) are Burn, Headbang, Weakness: Inflammable, Good Impression, Power Through, and Dumpster Dive.

I love the idea of Rook just taking a moment to Headbang mid argument to get himself hyped up before unleashing a bombardment of swears in someone's face.

Spoiler

Card_Headbang.png

Card_Burn.png

Card_GoodImpression.png

Card_WeaknessInflammable.png

Card - Power Through.png

Card_DumpsterDive.png

I personally assume that the two Burn and Brute cards are Rook using his "enhanced interrogation" techniques. Like Burn is his torturing his negotiation partner with piping hot pistol air, and Brute is him deciding to blast their eardrums with close range pistol shots.

I still miss Masochist's old card art.

let's all remember that meditation exists

(insert the picture here, it's smith eating a drumstick and drinking while in leg crossed position)

also

3 hours ago, TF3 said:

I still miss Masochist's old card art.

a moment of silence, if i may. (grieves loudly)

also klei what have you done. we are the only people who know of the original art, and we must not tell a soul lest sal and smith go the way of rule 34 and the sword and shield starters.

1 hour ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

also klei what have you done. we are the only people who know of the original art, and we must not tell a soul lest sal and smith go the way of rule 34 and the sword and shield starters.

Any of you have artistic talent, 'cause I don't.

The card art is terrible because it makes me biased towards certain cards because of their appearance and not whether they are actually what I need or not! Oh no my gaming!

Just about every card Smith is in is perfect. So many others are as well.

"Flatter" and "Bloated" have a fun little connection if you think about it.

snip27.png.fcd9686bc7d0ffa8bb0c4774de586c9a.pngimage.png.2b18f2a9b77754e1e86f10c04f16c2cd.png

RookxFssh is the real greatest ship

On 5/20/2020 at 9:12 PM, Wumpus the 19th said:

I still don't know if the new card art is any better. With Smith, I expected the art because so much of his art has him doing ridiculous things. With Sal... not the type of character I took her as. Other than Thirst, her card art isn't really wonky in the same way Smith's is.

Archived