I like that every rework has given character an exclusive craftable

Except for Wortox every new/reworked character so far has been given a craftable. This and character-exclusive idle animation help flesh out the character story-wise. It feels like every character has brought a part of themselves into the Constant that way.

I hope that every future rework will give characters at least one special craftable (if they don't have one already ofc)

Soo yeah… I just wanted to say that I like this trend, Klei

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

snip snap

I personally find the idea awesome, I love those exclusives tabs, but I wouldn't really love seeing it on every character, some might not need it... it's a very nice idea, but, characters like Wolfgang, I don't really think he need an item or a special craftable, but still, love those specials crafts too ! 

8 minutes ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

I love those exclusives tabs, but I wouldn't really love seeing it on every character

I mean, hey, Wigfrid, Willow and Woodie have special items without an exclusive crafting tab

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

I mean, hey, Wigfrid, Willow and Woodie have special items without an exclusive crafting tab

I know hehe, but I have said that I don't think certain characters (in my exemple Wolfgang) doesn't need an item or a special craftable, I don't want to see those 2 things on every character : Special tabs, and special craftables. ^^

So some people (not me) actually hate the idea of giving characters their own crafting tabs and items to craft.

I find those people to be absolutely hilarious honestly.. they bought a game advertised and sold as a Sandbox Wilderness Survival Crafting Game.

and they complain that a SWSCG has more crafting added into it. Ha Ha
image.png.ee585d22deafc418d9cc8bf0681606e0.png

I think in some cases personal crafts have greatly improved characters but we shouldn't shoot for them to be a staple of what makes a character. I prefer the crafts that are just added onto previous crafting lists like Woodie and Willow - and while we've seen success with characters with interesting new crafting lists (wormwood) some characters like Wortox show us that giving a character a interesting playstyle and perks can outshine this. I also don't want another Winona with semi-lame crafts that don't help a constant (ha ha "constant" ... like the world) playstyle since interesting player choices often coincide with strange but fun playstyles. That being said though I think a character whose playstyle is wholly around such crafts could be interesting so we'll just have to wait and see. 

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So some people (not me) actually hate the idea of giving characters their own crafting tabs and items to craft.

I find those people to be absolutely hilarious honestly.. they bought a game advertised and sold as a Sandbox Wilderness Survival Crafting Game.

and they complain that a SWSCG has more crafting added into it. Ha Ha
image.png.ee585d22deafc418d9cc8bf0681606e0.png

you are the less indicate to laugh at others ideas

for me i like having unique items but not for EVERY character. There is other interesting perks

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you are the less indicate to laugh at others ideas

for me i like having unique items but not for EVERY character. There is other interesting perks

This is true, but I wouldn’t have bought a game advertised as a crafting game, and then get mad that more crafting is being added into it.

Thats like playing Apex Legends and then getting mad that there’s no guns on the map.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is true, but I wouldn’t have bought a game advertised as a crafting game, and then get mad that more crafting is being added into it.

Thats like playing Apex Legends and then getting mad that there’s no guns on the map.

i wouldn-t have bought a game advertised as uncompromising survival sand box game and complain about bats so dont be arrogant

people want diversity and original things

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i wouldn-t have bought a game advertised as uncompromising survival sand box game and complain about bats so dont be arrogant

That’s not a problem I have, that’s a problem new players have- my opinions are never strictly just my own.

if my opinions were strictly just my own- Food and sleep would NEVER Heal you.

Please stop trying to take the things I say and twist it around to turn me into the bad guy.

Giving characters their own craftable items or crafting tabs fleshes them out and makes them unique.

Some craftables benefit everyone, such as Wendy’s Sisturn, some Craftables only benefit the person playing such as Woodies Curse Idols.

Now lets take a character like WX78 who hasn’t been reworked yet and pretend he has a crafting tab like wormwoods where he can open up his chest plate and at the cost of a portion of his health, sanity or functionality instead of eating every gear on a server to become OP he can provide his team with useful items like free gears & electrical doodads.

My point- Every character including the Mighty wolfgang could use special crafting tabs or craftable items.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip snap

Besides the not so friendly talk with Arubaro, I see that you love the way that those specials crafts make a character unique, and you're totally right, but, if every character got a special crafting tab/special craftables items, it will not be so unique anymore... I think that we need a balance, some characters with specials crafts, and other without, who shines with their abilities beside crafting some special items.

23 minutes ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

Besides the not so friendly talk with Arubaro, I see that you love the way that those specials crafts make a character unique, and you're totally right, but, if every character got a special crafting tab/special craftables items, it will not be so unique anymore... I think that we need a balance, some characters with specials crafts, and other without, who shines with their abilities beside crafting some special items.

The thing about that is, abilities alone don’t help them be anymore of a TEAM player.. (Unless your Wortox but really all he can do is group heal which is kinda Meh..)

Craftable items however DO- let’s take Woodie as an example shall we? I have a friend who does not know how to play the game all that great, my friend mains Woodie just because “Endless Undying Axe”

——————————

So the TL:DR- My friend doesn’t know how to craft Woodies special Itchy Totems.. But I do And since we are BOTH playing Woodie, I can craft them for him and give them to him.

Im sorry but I just don’t see how special craftable items or structures can ever be a BAD Thing.

——————————

I’ll use Wendy as my next example- not only will my Sisturn help that noob Base sitting Wicker who doesn’t know how to manage her Sanity but loves helping farm with her powers, but Wendy can ALSO go gather mourning Glory and create potions not just for myself but I can give those to other Wendy’s on the server with me. I can further solidify this evidence by pointing to how one of Wendy’s potions speeds up the movement speed of a ghost player who haunts it.

Why is this even a thing???? If it was a glitch it would’ve been patched by now. It’s there to help make the lives of new comers to the game a little more bareable.

Now lets dig into the Mighty Wolfgang who has not yet got his Rework- But here’s just a few ideas I had that encourage TEAM Work which seems to be the overall goal of Klei’s reworks.

My vision of him is he will now spawn with his signature dumbbell and he can lift that to become mighty without needing to be on a full stomach. 

While in Mighty form Wolfgang can go into a Throwing pose, where he sits himself up to throw another player across a gap or something.. This works like those old COOP Splinter Cell games where one player gets into a position to lift the other player up to a higher vantage point.. so Wolfgang will aim and lock in a location to throw you, and you can see where you’ll land before walking up to Wolfgang and pressing your interact button.

Wolfgangs dumbbell now takes up an inventory slot, and if it gets lost or stollen he needs to craft another to be Mighty- A Proper nerf to an otherwise overpowered god tier character. 

In addition however.. Only Wolfgang can craft the dumbbell but Anyone can use it (to gain a small Temporary strength buff) again... just like Willows Lighter. Wolfgang will obviously get a better boost from it then say Wendy.. but you get the idea I’m suggesting.

I didn’t make this post to turn it into a Wolfgang rework ideas thread.... I made this post to show clear Examples as to How and WHY as well as already existing examples and the importance behind character special craftable items & structures.

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip snap

I didn't read the Wolfgang part, you already spilled it alot on other topics, so I know what you're talking about and I don't want to debate about this.

But first of all, where did I say it's a bad thing ? I just say that the concept will not be so unique anymore...
And you use Wortox as example... I remember that he can teleport with his souls, that's a good mapping perk, he can use it to eat, so, let more food for others, that's some nice abilities, and he doesn't have special craftables items/tabs (even if it's a special item in fact...)

And, yourself, got some ideas, for Wolfgang, that could not use an item. Just the idea of throwing people, imagine if he keeps that system of being mighty with a certain amount of hunger, he could do this, and it would benefit for the team, easier exploration ! Why does every character would need to have items for helping the team in a new way, when they can be that be that new way to help the team ? But as you said you have your vision, who is perfectly fine, I got mine, who is fine too, if you're not okay with what I say, it's alright.

(And thanks for everyone putting likes on my comments, that's adoraable !)

Yeah i think its cool too. 

Though some charecters could go around this as they dont need special crafts. Like how wortox dosent how a craftable but still is fun to play around with and still usefull in a team situation. 

But yes more craftables and crafting tabs should be added. 

Although I definitely like craftables/character specific items and think that they could make every character feel a lot more well rounded, they should rarely, if ever, be a character's main ability, especially if it is done like Winona's update.  For example, Wormwood can make and give craftables to other players which help a lot, but that's not his main perk.  For example, if Wormwood had his green thumb tab, his no healing from food, and blooming, people would most likely not play him because he has high demand through his downsides and offers little reward from being constantly played.  The same can be said for if he did not have his craftables and only had his crop planting/sanity manipulation for upsides, as him being able to plant crops and get 20% speed in spring would not be very engaging.  As long as the craftables are accompanied by interesting upsides and downsides I think they help a lot in developing a new character or character rework.

I really like how certain characters are able to "leave their mark" on a base.

You see those catapults you know there was a Winona.
You see those ground-plants you know there was a Wormwood.
You see those portable cooking stations you know there was a Warly.
You see a sisturn you know there was a Wendy. Etc. Etc. 

It makes the base feel more like a community with different parts being contributed solely by that character.

I just worry that characters become disconnected from the items they craft.

Winona being the best example, she doesn't do anything to increase the effect of her catapult, she doesn't even need to be around once they are built, and she has nothing else going for her.

Wormwood's Bramble Husk and Trap are completely disconnected from anything related to Wormwood's upsides/downsides, they kinda just exist.

Wendy is probably the best example (edit: Of a GOOD character with craftables), because fundamentally she hasn't changed, but there are some extra potions on the side that feed into something only WENDY can do, and her over all playstyle.

1 hour ago, Ogrecakes said:

I just worry that characters become disconnected from the items they craft.

Winona being the best example, she doesn't do anything to increase the effect of her catapult, she doesn't even need to be around once they are built, and she has nothing else going for her.

Wormwood's Bramble Husk and Trap are completely disconnected from anything related to Wormwood's upsides/downsides, they kinda just exist.

Wendy is probably the best example (edit: Of a GOOD character with craftables), because fundamentally she hasn't changed, but there are some extra potions on the side that feed into something only WENDY can do, and her over all playstyle.

The thing I’m seeing with each Rework is that players are being given items that can be used for Teamwork.

For example I can go find Pipspook as Wendy, mass produce Ecthoherbology potions and supply an Entire server of Wendy’s with potions for Abigail.

Willow can Supply everyone with Lighters & Bernie’s, Woodie players can mass produce Idols to supply other Woodie players with Idols.

The TL:DR- these player specific craftables and items are effecting EVERYONE.

To fix Winona all they really need to do is make her Duct Tape something only she can craft Anyone can use in its Current form.. But for Winona expand its effectiveness to fixing armor & burned structures. Ta Dah! :) 

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The thing I’m seeing with each Rework is that players are being given items that can be used for Teamwork.

For example I can go find Pipspook as Wendy, mass produce Ecthoherbology potions and supply an Entire server of Wendy’s with potions for Abigail.

Willow can Supply everyone with Lighters & Bernie’s, Woodie players can mass produce Idols to supply other Woodie players with Idols.

The TL:DR- these player specific craftables and items are effecting EVERYONE.

To fix Winona all they really need to do is make her Duct Tape something only she can craft Anyone can use in its Current form.. But for Winona expand its effectiveness to fixing armor & burned structures. Ta Dah! :) 

I suppose in the context of teamwork then most of the craftables are forgivable, even if they don't entirely fit the character.

Just... not Winona. I'm never happy to have WINONA around, just her catapults. Either people switch off using the celestial portal, or if the Winona player eventually leaves it doesn't feel like anythings really lost, as long as the catapults have been built.

Meanwhile I'm happy to have Warly around because hes the only one who can make his special dishes, and speeds up the cooking process for his team. He has to take a much more active role to feel helpful.

13 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

I suppose in the context of teamwork then most of the craftables are forgivable, even if they don't entirely fit the character.

Just... not Winona. I'm never happy to have WINONA around, just her catapults. Either people switch off using the celestial portal, or if the Winona player eventually leaves it doesn't feel like anythings really lost, as long as the catapults have been built.

Meanwhile I'm happy to have Warly around because hes the only one who can make his special dishes, and speeds up the cooking process for his team. He has to take a much more active role to feel helpful.

God I could not agree more :( I love to play Winona just because no body else really uses her, so it’s rare that you see a decent Winona player on Xbox.

Winona’s only useful perk that’s exclusive to just playing as her is faster crafting speed, not super useful.. but I suppose if you want to negate hunger drain penalty mass producing is the best option.

Why can only Warly use his portable dish stuffs but ANYONE can power up Winona’s Stuffs? I don’t know if we will ever get a proper Winona worthy of not being labeled as a Swap character.. but for what it’s worth- I love playing the characters no one else wants to play as.

Archived