can some1 make a walani mod for dst now that we have ocean?

i think playing as walani in dst would be pretty cool and i haven't seen a mod about it

(guys i am not saying add walani to the game please comment something if its really about the actually topic i am saying a mod would be great and i am trying to give mod creators a new idea)

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

that's... terrifying! is it an app from the iphone...? 

Yes lol I just discovered that my phone had a pre- built in Emoji creator. AND they can be used on these forums! YaY! :)

I can now express my Emotions through Whoever I want to create (with limited options of course!) 

But also yeah grrr at the thought of Walani only being a Mod!

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Yes lol I just discovered that my phone had a pre- built in Emoji creator. AND they can be used on these forums! YaY! :)

I can now express my Emotions through Whoever I want to create (with limited options of course!) 

But also yeah grrr at the thought of Walani only being a Mod!

At least... she is a real character :( from the singleplayer version

30 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

At least... she is a real character :( from the singleplayer version

Here is an attempt at Queen Charlie using the Emoji creator.. but as I just found out- since DST characters are all Dark and mostly colorless it just doesn’t turn out looking right.

1BC965C1-CF77-49CF-8A36-6CFBEAE5D0EF.png

Hello it is i, the anti-fun cop, here to tell you that only the first two replies of this thread are helpful to the op and on-topic. Please keep your funny replies and faces to yourself and not turn this thread into a thrusted sewer pipe. Thanks.

1 minute ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Hello it is i, the anti-fun cop, here to tell you that only the first two replies of this thread are helpful to the op and on-topic. Please keep your funny replies and faces to yourself and not turn this thread into a thrusted sewer pipe. Thanks.

Well in this case theres really already probably hundreds of other threads about Walani anyway so technically.. this one isn’t really needed either But yeah I guess your right? Thank You Anti-Fun cop. :( 

I don't really want Walani in the game (at least not right now), not because I don't think she'd make a great addition to the RoT content, but because I don't want to waste the potential for a much needed lore-intensive new character addition on someone that is winning a popularity contest. I'd much rather someone like Wagstaff for lore reasons, or an outright new character entirely; but if we did need to add someone from SW to fit the RoT theme, I'd still want someone like Woodlegs for their interesting kit, mainly because Walani was meant as an introductory character to SW, and wasn't meant to be too complicated to play (thus having perks like drying off 20% faster, starting with a less durable boat, and minor sanity benefits). Walani is a very popular character on these forums, but (and I say this for constructive criticism alone) it would sadden me to see someone added to DST exclusively because of winning a popularity contest rather than bringing something new to the way you play or effectively adding something to aid a team that other characters cannot do.

No one talks about Wilbur, no one talks about Woodlegs or Wilba even, but people have asked for both Wheeler and Walani before; both of which are loved for their personalities and relatability alone despite both being entry-level characters meant to make playing the respective DLC's easier to get the hang of. 

In conclusion, I would accept Walani with open arms if she were added into DST, but I (personally in my opinion) wouldn't want her to be added for any reason other than the developers wanting her to be added in.

I agree with Owlrus. I dislike the shipwrecked boats and would really hate it if they came with Walani. I suppose they could not give the good ol shipwrecked sailing mechanics along with Walani, but whos Walani without her surfboard?

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

I agree with Owlrus. I dislike the shipwrecked boats and would really hate it if they came with Walani. I suppose they could not give the good ol shipwrecked sailing mechanics along with Walani, but whos Walani without her surfboard?

I think she could get a paddle board and fit right in without breaking anything about her character or the dst world.  It could basically work like a smaller version of the cookie boat rather than the boat/shoes SW had.  Maybe with science she could make a wind surf board which could be more agile and faster than paddling.

9 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

Yep that's the mod I use.  Mainly I had her as the character I played the "March of Civilization" challenge with, until glitches and my own stupidity caused me to have to start over too many times...

dstcivday178writing.png.991fb83947a0f3b1dd48549d1e3e7519.png

(The Bee Queen makes a great neighbor as long as you don't piss her off.  Better than I can say for MOST bosses...)

And yeah, I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity that, what with the new sailable oceans, she _still_ can't PROPERLY surf yet!  I expect the mod makers will get to it at some point, like how they took Warly out once he became DST-official.  You know what she _can_ surf on, however?

dstcivday199surfinusa.png.dcbc78c0fa92c41b51f11180bbaf228b.png

PONDS, of all things!  You use the surfboard on them and it works kinda like a wormhole, only I don't think it takes sanity.  It does take some of the board's durability each time, though.  I never did figure out if it was a logical thing where one pond always led to another specific pond, or if it was random, or what...

And just recently I busted out that mod again for my Japanese sand-garden build.  I figured, I was gonna be using Shipwrecked terrain anyway, might as well go with a character that matches it!

japanesesandgarden.thumb.png.688e8bc3ed7646b8363f5ac83dc7954e.png

(the weird little plants and stream are from the "Thirsty for Tea" mod, in case you were wondering.  The actual sand--THAT'S the Shipwrecked part.)

Anyway yeah I kinda agree; while I'd like to see Walani in DST _eventually_, I'd much rather we fill in some lore-holes and whatnot first.  I mean, I'm already really annoyed that Woodie's probably ONE chance to get decent lore was instead squandered on "Let's show off his goofy new moves!  Hyuck!  Silly wacky comedy times in DST!"

While I'd say there are quite a few mods whose content, look or theme should NEVER make it into DST proper, the Shipwrecked Characters one is definitely not one of those.  I mean, _they're actual Klei characters_.  That's WHY it's one of the few character mods I allow on my servers at all!  (The others are:  "Charlie: Stranger New Powers", "Winnie" (there's more than one, I'm not sure which version I have) and back when Willow was still nerfed, "Willow the Firestarter".  That's it.  Those and the Shipwrecked one are the character mods I allow.)

So, while I would love it if Walani could be playable in DST--even if you're on console!--SOMEday, I can easily wait if cooler stuff is to come first.

...Notorious

14 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

I don't really want Walani in the game (at least not right now), not because I don't think she'd make a great addition to the RoT content, but because I don't want to waste the potential for a much needed lore-intensive new character addition on someone that is winning a popularity contest. I'd much rather someone like Wagstaff for lore reasons, or an outright new character entirely; but if we did need to add someone from SW to fit the RoT theme, I'd still want someone like Woodlegs for their interesting kit, mainly because Walani was meant as an introductory character to SW, and wasn't meant to be too complicated to play (thus having perks like drying off 20% faster, starting with a less durable boat, and minor sanity benefits). Walani is a very popular character on these forums, but (and I say this for constructive criticism alone) it would sadden me to see someone added to DST exclusively because of winning a popularity contest rather than bringing something new to the way you play or effectively adding something to aid a team that other characters cannot do.

No one talks about Wilbur, no one talks about Woodlegs or Wilba even, but people have asked for both Wheeler and Walani before; both of which are loved for their personalities and relatability alone despite both being entry-level characters meant to make playing the respective DLC's easier to get the hang of. 

In conclusion, I would accept Walani with open arms if she were added into DST, but I (personally in my opinion) wouldn't want her to be added for any reason other than the developers wanting her to be added in.

i didn't say add walani to the game i know people wouldn't want her and i myself would prefer an entirely new character thats why some1 making a mod for it would be really great

11 hours ago, Canis said:

yes

i think it would be really cool if you guys could make it i would appreciate it. (love ur work btw keep it up:wilson_love:)

8 hours ago, yasir said:

i think it would be really cool if you guys could make it i would appreciate it. (love ur work btw keep it up:wilson_love:)

Honestly I would try to make something happen but I'm eternally busy with Uncompromising Mode.

17 minutes ago, Canis said:

Honestly I would try to make something happen but I'm eternally busy with Uncompromising Mode.

Spoiler

Just make sure it’s actually Uncompromising... Food & a good nights rest isn’t going to heal someone’s wounds over night in real life... so why should it in game?

This game has a ton of different things in it that makes it easier to play.. for example- Why using healing slaves when you can just shove healing food in your mouth?

I want a legit Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Mode.

look at games like The Long Dark for inspiration, you can’t just sit Warm and Cozy by a campfire farming your crops and feeding a bird for free eggs, you get COLD, Wind Blows out your torches and Campfires, you need to scavenge what few resources you can find & then chase down and hunt your food.. or be hunted by it.

Thats what an Uncompromising Wilderness Survival game Should be.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:
  Hide contents

Just make sure it’s actually Uncompromising... Food & a good nights rest isn’t going to heal someone’s wounds over night in real life... so why should it in game?

This game has a ton of different things in it that makes it easier to play.. for example- Why using healing slaves when you can just shove healing food in your mouth?

look at games like The Long Dark for inspiration, you can’t just sit Warm and Cozy by a campfire farming your crops and feeding a bird for free eggs, you get COLD, Wind Blows out your torches and Campfires, you need to scavenge what few resources you can find & then chase down and hunt your food.. or be hunted by it.

Go join the discord, this thread isn't the place for this.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:
  Hide contents

dude literally you are ruining this thread what the hell is wrong with you go post this stuff that doesn't have to do anything with the topic somewhere else. this community is full of immature people and literal 12 year olds i am sick of it

3 hours ago, Canis said:

thank you for replying anyway i love the uncompromising mode so if you are working on it i am happy

Archived