welcome to the birdcage (avi art thing)

i like magic too much to not make these idiots magical so snowfallen gets frost breath and ice powers and is cold all the time, and magmatic gets fire breath and flame powers and is hot all the time. when stressed their body temperature actually starts hitting extremes, at some point freezing/boiling their blood if they're not careful

oh also i gave snowy some wicked eyeshadow (i did it in the colored one too actually) because if mags gets cool eyeshadow so does snow

image.thumb.png.f3f8ef8ef815e42677adc0c40dec7455.png

their existence is an affront to science

• Like 7

I was going to quote the posts with art that I particularly liked, and point out that I did indeed like them and thought they were really good.

But that's just everything in here, eh? My post would take up a lot of room if I did that.

Good stuff. Really good stuff.

2 minutes ago, Auth said:

I was going to quote the posts with art that I particularly liked, and point out that I did indeed like them and thought they were really good.

But that's just everything in here, eh? My post would take up a lot of room if I did that.

Good stuff. Really good stuff.

i'm happy to have the approval of the leading mind in the field of tallbird research - here's a tallbird chick (known scientifically as a "smallbird") for your troubles 

image.png.544d8a2f7f0461baaf9bdc5300717267.png

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I can't help but imagine Wilson being a magical boy with the way you pose him with his different skins.

That smallbird is so adorable! Poofy chest.:wilson_smile:

they're very magical and it takes them a surprisingly long time to question how their abilities work

The poofy "chest" is actually the neck resting on the body - I used heron chicks as a reference to go with the other drawing of the heron tallbird!

Little Blue Heron - Sharp-Eatman Nature Photography

• Like 3

after a brief mental breakdown trying to make these two actually look and feel like different characters (and with the help of a friend - in fact said friend gave me this idea i could not have come up with this myself) since this whole thing started because i was portraying them as different characters, i've come to the conclusion (read: my friend came to the conclusion for me) that these idiots are elementals that wilson created while on the throne

just to kinda give them the extra layer of like, "yeah no they're not like, that, its not bad"

its still too weird i think for me to continue though and will probably just get me known for this and I don't want to be known for something controversial like this even if I'm trying to escape the controversial nature of it. it'll never not look like it to like 99% of people so it's probably just better if i stop. thank you for bearing with my 2-day long mental breakdown lol, i'll be back to my regularly scheduled content soon

image.thumb.png.07746be2966f1142a1699dacbe2ab2c5.png

Edited by Aviivix
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Time to bring in Snow and heat miser to sing.:wilson_sneaky:

So Mags can bring fire out of his mouth like a kaiju? Those poor Gingerpigs didn't see it coming.

And Snowy can breathe frost out his mouth in the same way - though it's probably not quite as destructive as the fire, lol.

• Like 1

Just now, minespatch said:

You're not bothering us. I think the idea that each skin collection is its own character is pretty fun. Imagine Maxwell reacting to his verdant version.:wilson_ecstatic:

lmao maybe not you but I could very well be weirding out quite a few silent people who just can't buy them as being separate characters. i don't wanna just be known for this considering how uncomfortable it could make people, and even in trying to make them look like literally entirely different to the point to where I didn't think Mags even resembled Wilson anymore, every comment is still the same "nice take on magmatic wilson", so I just have to take the L and move onto something else.

• Like 1

I mean i don't see anything wrong with your characters, if you just don't buy the "nice attitude" from people in the comments, that's understandable. From my perspectice you don't weird anyone out, your art looks smooth and nice. Don't know if you're used to being told that your art is bad or something like that but it seriously isn't.

• Thanks 1

Ack, just, nevermind. I appreciate the supportive comments, but I was only really interested in these two specific characters, and I got too far into it for most people to be okay with in the idea of them being just two versions of Wilson. The fact is it'll never break away from just lookin' like two Wilsons, so just for everyone's sanity it's better if I don't.

I'm gonna probably swing back with a crossover with a certain obscure animated YouTube series bc it just recently uploaded and I'm hype about it. (IT'S SUCH A SHORT UPLOAD BUT ITS LIKE MONTHS IN ANTICIPATION AAA) Y'all can take your best guesses of what it'll be in the meantime :P

• Like 4

this isn't the crossover thing but here's some edge that came out actually decent.jpeg

image.thumb.png.b7953675cc1c3e63e33c3cb762efcd21.png

It's strange - we spend our whole lives in anticipation of death, but death itself, scientifically, is the one time in which you could never even care.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

so i recently discovered that this is the actual animation for getting hit in the dark,

ow.gif.1e90b41a0dbd79926009533b33f018b7.gif

and i really liked the idea of the shadows coming out of the body, sooo..

2027685199_deathbyshadow.thumb.png.bf3ee845310d0a8694d5f4bea05ada2f.png]

i spent too much effort on this.gif

• Like 9

I said I wouldn't draw these idiots anymore but i wanna show off some funky hair stuff lol - technically i already drew this so it's okay :wilson_sneaky:

10 minutes with the brush tool, 1 shade layer, 1 shine layer - its basically just brushing a character's hair with the brush tool! my favorite way to add the shiny shine is to just blotch out an entire area with white on a 100% shine layer and use an eraser brush to kinda brush away the white to get those sharp strands, then just going to town brushing the bottom part of each lock of hair, it's honestly stupid easy and stupid fun and i suggest trying this out - I use SAI2 but honestly this principle could apply to any paint program

image.thumb.png.645494b6ccc803e5a65b6a8b15e1fc82.png

Edited by Aviivix
  • Like 6