The builders project

56 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Wait is this thread about showing off bases?

No, rather it's somewhat of "community made" building challenges in which people participate for fun and joy of creating, sending their finished building/scenario pieces here.

It's what it says on the tin, a builder's project.  Every week wumpair thinks of something new to build, and everyone who wants to can join in and try it. It's basically a "we're all bored and going stir-crazy sheltering in place, so let's bust out the creativity to have something positive to think about!" kind of thing.

Showing off bases would probably go in "Tidy Bases" (wherever that one went) "Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs", or if nothing more specific, the Screenshot Showcase.  UnLESS, your base or part of it fits one of the projects.  Then sure, show it here.

This week's theme is a Japanese sand/rock garden.  Last week it was a "strange museum", week before that was "ruins" and the first week was a pig village.  If any of the previous ones appeal to you, go ahead.  This is all about using creativity and having fun doing it, after all.

Making things look iconically Japanese?  Well, I know ONE mod I'm definitely gonna use...

lookitthedragonfly.png.cc2ee80156cc7bda20992f2a627f18fc.png

Duh!

;)

...Notorious

Welp, here's my submission for the week:

image.thumb.png.c36ed908d95640d0ca3189c602a96d14.png

Here's a closer look at the house I made

image.thumb.png.d1c3b9d3968e269d5e89c383cb93c70d.png

It's kinda empty, but I hope I captured the Japanese feel of it. I don't know much about Japanese culture, despite the fact that it is my culture.

Huh!  I had no idea, derplord!  "Empty" actually kinda works, since a lot of these gardens are about "serenity" and peace, and open blank spaces kinda go with that.

Well, here's my entry, based off of my many times of....randomly seeing pictures of Japanese gardens:

japanesesandgarden.thumb.png.688e8bc3ed7646b8363f5ac83dc7954e.png

We got sand, we got rocks lined up in pleasing (?) patterns, we got cute little paths, we got cherry trees (of COURSE), we got statues, we got chairs to sit in and enjoy the garden, and last but not least, an adorable little stream running through it.  What else could you want?  

(the rocks. were a massive.  PAIN.  : P)

Mods used:  Shipwrecked terrain, Cherry Forest, Furniture Megapack, Thirsty for Tea, Pet Statues and Shipwrecked Characters.

...Notorious

You all did amazing!

Unfortunately mine was in the beat and now its closed, so rip my project.

This weak's project: How about building a viking camp! The fearless woman Wigfrid may help you by giving some nice helmets and spears! But remember: the vikings weren't really friendly, they liked to eat and drink, had gods in witch they believed and did have ability to go on water (i suggest using the new sail skin of crab king as the vikings Flag!) Have fun!

P.s. I also have an Mario Maker account and with the new update I want to create my own world in smm2, that's one of the things why I could not write exactly on Thursdays and also I have school, I even could die for some reason. But I would like to have this Topic alive even if i am not able to manage it. When I created this topic I became a content creator on some buzzard way, and being one may not be easy. That's why I am asking you: Do you have any suggestions for the hole Builders project? And also I ask you (the other meaning) if you could write ideas for next weeks building, the one witch will be most liked will be the next one!

WigFrid The Gladiator [Dont Starve Together Forge Sets Skins ...

Here's my submission for the week:

image.thumb.png.bee69982c66ba1c98c30f73cd9509d33.png

I used quite a number of mods as you can tell, and it would take a while to name all of them, but the main hearth is mod-free. I spawned the flames with the code, "campfirefire," and put twigs, logs, etc. in the actual fire. Be careful when doing this though, because you can't just remove it with the normal command and you have to use a super complicated command to get rid of them in case you misplace one. I also spawned posts from The Gorge surrounding the hearth, which the sprite for it disappears upon relogging, so there's an invisible force preventing getting in the fire and stealing the stuff inside. The Pigs are technically homeless, but the fire keeps them from wandering too far. occasionally there's a pig who strays too far and freaks out, but you can just chase him back to the fire.

image.png.327acf01cde81d2507e94425bf2e571c.png

I'm quite happy with how this centerpiece turned out, with the Malbatross sculpture right in front of the Crab King sail.

image.thumb.png.b8d51ecf49b3d0dca310a6be4fe381c1.png

I also made the closest thing to a longship as i could with circular boats, but I think I captured the look of it. Unfortunately like a lot of my structures, it's a bit empty.

image.thumb.png.208153e0357d6962c7a81bbd59411833.png

Well this is mine... not the largest but I use it for storing all root and tools as you can see!

Now nobody answered my last question, about suggestions. It's OK I understand that maybe you are afraid to write a comet, didn't read it yet or don't have any suggestions to share. Or perhaps you have other excuse, the point is that I am a patient person and I don't push, maybe some day this topic will be self self sustainable not today.

That's why I have the next project ready as always: A Dance floor! Did you ever went to party's or balls? Well if you did it will help you, but if you didn't its fine too! the project is to create an open area were you could dance, there should be a a place where musk would play; get creative and do a boombox thing or orchestra, piano, microphone. Thous structures are note available to do so you need to get really creative! There should bee some place to rest after a dance and a place too drink some alcohol/ water! Good luck, here is a video for inspiration (I am in the video some where dancing :) ).

Spoiler

Heres my disco dance floor.

I don't know how to delete the empty spoilers sorry or combine the spoilers but heres my disco floor.

Food area.

Spoiler

20200430174400_1.jpg

Food area.

Spoiler

20200430174333_1.jpg

Punch.

Spoiler

20200430174434_1.jpg

"Disco Ball"

Spoiler

20200430174236_1.jpg

Dancing

Spoiler

20200430174159_1.jpg

Everyone dancing (Just realized i accidentally captured a weird broodling moment)

Spoiler

20200430173757_1.jpg

Jumping wendy

Spoiler

20200430174141_2.jpg

Spoiler

Full view

Spoiler

20200430174209_1.jpg

Yeah, I was gonna say that looks like "Turfed".  I think I have a really old screenshot around here that has me and a Wolfgang sitting on the rainbow-tie-dye carpet together.

thecolours.thumb.png.2297431188ebe6ce82295c534db381d8.png

THERE it is!  The colours, maaaaannn...it's like they're weaving into my sooouuull...  XD

I am VERY relieved to see this thread come back again at the last second--it fell down to Page _5_ at one point and I was getting worried!  I haven't finished even my Viking camp yet let alone my brand-new Dance Hall challenge (good GOD you're fast, HollowKnight!) but there's a very good reason for that...all of my worlds are "normal" (?) survival worlds rather than in Creative Mode, and the world that I wanted to build the Viking thing in just got through THE.  Longest.  Summer.  EVER.   I already knew I'd have to put in numerous lightning rods shrines to Thor as it was; but there was no WAY I was gonna build a big, huge, _wooden_structure during wildfire season.

And then wildfire season decided to up and not only start way early, but last FORTY.  DAYS.  Yep.

...the joy of random seasons, amirite?  However, I still wouldn't give it up for anything. The unpredictability of nature is just more fun to me than always knowing, and I KNEW I'd get an uber-long summer someday.  The fact that I've been randomising my seasons for _years_ and that didn't happen until late April 2020 is amazing unto itself.

So, I will just NOW be able to _start_ work on my Viking camp, but if it turns out the way I'm thinking it'll be both (a) at least somewhat cool-looking and (b) not quite the same as what anybody else did!  (I mean, the idea I _already_ had--I didn't go "Oh beep!" and tweak it just now.)  So that should work out.

...it just might "work out" over the weekend instead of today, is all.  : P

...Notorious

Thought I'd join in on this weeks project. I was initially going to do a night club design in the ruins, "Nightmare Club" vibes~*~ ahaha. I ended up trying to do a Ballroom design instead, here's a some pics and a short (stinky) video tour of my attempt:

1395441801_ScreenShot2020-04-30at8_15_03PM.thumb.png.a84a75885b8c380c3d87ee02a47f64f4.png1885831032_ScreenShot2020-04-30at8_16_09PM.thumb.png.e4b5b76c73478c6adcfb587f8c70f2f2.png1197160342_ScreenShot2020-04-30at8_15_41PM.thumb.png.0e7cb718cbb2389fdad0ccc02eae0ffa.png1466954379_ScreenShot2020-04-30at8_15_52PM.thumb.png.748da976f620b654cfa9501590e6b400.png

Spoiler

Sorry for the video quality and if the rotating makes you dizzy, idk how to youtube ^-^ and also I had to mute the video because of some yucky moleworm noises but the music playing is the music that comes from Music Box Hutch. I got the audio from here"Music Box Hutch is a special version of Hutch. By placing a Light Bulb/Glow Berry and a One-man Band in his inventory, he will transform into Music Box Hutch, who provides a positive Sanity aura until the One-man Band's durability is used up." -Don't Starve Wiki

Really sorry (even though there's no actual pressure or anything) that I still haven't done even LAST week's "assignment" yet...but hey, I feel if anybody wants to jump in on this thread at any time, they can.  In my case it's because first my game decided to throw a 40-day summer at me early on, then at the moment I feel bleh.  (Not CoVid, more like stomach bleh.)  

But here's an outtake from while I'm buliding my "Viking Camp".  Didn't feel like starting a whole new world with Wigfrid 'cos I already had three, so ouf the three I already had, I chose...

idunnsapples.thumb.png.1dc309edb45c2d02c91af62508874165.png

Wendy, because she's a blonde.  : P  Here I tried to have her pose WARRIORLY in front of "Idunn's grove of magic apples", but the second I hit F12 she put down the Nordic axe and started picking her stupid flower.  Dammit, Wendy... XD

(Yeah, they're supposed to be golden apples.  They're....just not ripe yet!  What, do you want your magic apples of immortality fast, or do you want them _right_?)

Anyway yeah...meet my new fancy Forge head!  I left the helmet on 'cos I figure it fits, even if that is just a stereotype.  :)

...Notorious

Okay!  Here's my lovely Viking Longhouse:

vikinglonghouse.thumb.png.7f950d2635434d4f49cf3fcca15ee5c8.png

Yeah, the tables are at a weird angle to the building, but unfortunately I can't turn them (or the chairs).  Still!  We got a long wooden building, long feasting tables, Viking-style wooden chairs, firepits for those cold Nordic nights, weapons racks, and "wine" barrels.

Also Odin's ravens have decided to grace us with their presence.

vikingwendyandthorshrine.thumb.png.fd6dd900f7751b13dd6408051674e6e4.png

A nice closeup of Viking Wendy in her furs and war-makeup, posing next to the weapons racks and Shrine to Thor.

(it's a hammer with a lightning rod.  lol.)

longhouselitup.thumb.png.e13739fe195c63745c16371ec0bf9d6a.png

LIGHT THE BRAZIERS!  TONIGHT, WE DINE IN NIFLHEIM!

shrinetofreyja.thumb.png.1a3fd6ed9a67c7bfd8d88d56186359e7.png

Hail to the bounty of Freyja--goddess of fertility and springtime.  Here we have fruits, flowers, trees...and cats, which are her sacred creature.  No, really.  :)

And here we have the "golden" apples of Idunn again:

idunnsapples.thumb.png.4470e939047d8d84cb682864420871ce.png

I would've done more shrines/done them more detailedly, but I was already way late on this anyway.  : P

Mods used:  Birds, Berries, Trees and Flowers with Friends, Big Birchnuts Together, Furniture Megapack, Pickle It!, and the Actual Season Randomiser provided the 40-day summer that pushed construction back so far..  Heh.

...Notorious

Here's my submission for the week, The Royal Ballroom. While mine can't even compare with @reichull's ballroom, mine was heavily influenced by theirs. I also had to spawn in a hermit and get her friendship high enough for her to dance for this picture, so... yeah that took a while.

image.thumb.png.37b50192b6da67119999b997e84e1999.png

On 4/19/2020 at 1:24 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

It's what it says on the tin, a builder's project.  Every week wumpair thinks of something new to build, and everyone who wants to can join in and try it. It's basically a "we're all bored and going stir-crazy sheltering in place, so let's bust out the creativity to have something positive to think about!" kind of thing.

Showing off bases would probably go in "Tidy Bases" (wherever that one went) "Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs", or if nothing more specific, the Screenshot Showcase.  UnLESS, your base or part of it fits one of the projects.  Then sure, show it here.

This week's theme is a Japanese sand/rock garden.  Last week it was a "strange museum", week before that was "ruins" and the first week was a pig village.  If any of the previous ones appeal to you, go ahead.  This is all about using creativity and having fun doing it, after all.

Making things look iconically Japanese?  Well, I know ONE mod I'm definitely gonna use...

lookitthedragonfly.png.cc2ee80156cc7bda20992f2a627f18fc.png

Duh!

;)

...Notorious

I wish we could have different seeds to plant different types of trees. But in real in the game.

As I'm thinking of it, could be a new way to have some food, in the respect of all seasons.

Yeah...that's exactly why I like mods like these ones.  They give you more variety of plants in the game, both to eat and just to make the landscape look more colourful.  As for "in all seasons", the cherry trees USED to still bloom in winter...

Spoiler

brightcherryforestwinter.thumb.png.332c1ce64d33da7c9f9cd5fdfec21296.png

(I apologise for the "OW MY EYES!" quality of this picture...that's precisely why I took it though.  Because of the "What?!" factor.  Seriously, I have not messed with the exposure/contrast/gamma/brightness/whatever in this at all. You can tell by the way the UI in the corner still looks totally normal.  This is also from one of the times I was actually playing with my brother from way across the world.  :))

But now they don't.  Now they go bare in winter, as makes more sense.  I think before they maybe worked like berry bushes? in that whatever fruit they STILL had at the time winter hit, you could still harvest, but they wouldn't grow any _new_ fruit until spring.

The apples trees from the "Birds and Berries" mod still have their leaves and apples on all year, though.  To be fair, that _is_ a much older mod...

Anyway yeah, Cherry Forest, Birds and Berries, and Pickle It!--the main reason I use any of those is to get more variety of plants (and foods) in the world.  There's other cool stuff about each of them, but I just like having more types of stuff around.  Heh.

...Notorious

"Wonderfully executed!" (Quoting darkest dungeon).

So, mine is kind of a mess: I didn't have time for it so I used cheats in my main world to end the project, but then I roll backed so the only consequence was cheeking flooring. So this is not how it looks, but its how it will look:

image.thumb.png.a01241521bf817f17e2561b8d22ca7f4.png

image.thumb.png.ebe6cced2aa3a08c09634f46bf933eab.png

Now... This week project, what shall it be about... I know: How about a ship! Now we do have this cookie thing of a boat and you can use it, but imagine: what if a ship collapsed and there was a shipwrecked, it's pieces are scattered all around a place that is covered with sand. What was on the ship? maybe it was some important resources, or maybe it were exotic fruits? How damaged is the ship? Maybe it got burned up or maybe the captain died while saving his child... All up to you! And also, name your ship, because every sea wolf knows "give a dog a bad name and hang him / a bad beginning makes a bad ending" (как корабль назавеш, так он и поплывет)

Как корабль назовешь - так он и поплывет! | Мультфильмы, Детство ...

(From a Russian cartoon: the ship said "victory" but 2 letters felt off and its now called "trouble")

1 hour ago, Wumpair said:

what if a ship collapsed and there was a shipwrecked, it's pieces are scattered all around a place that is covered with sand.

Sand?  Ah, then I know _where_ I'll be building this one.  Walani?  Your world is the one that has the Shipwrecked Turf mod (it's how I made my sand garden actually look sandy).  You're up!

(Also she's FROM the expansion pack actually _named_ "Shipwrecked", so...)

1 hour ago, Wumpair said:

And also, name your ship, because every sea wolf knows "give a dog a bad name and hang him / a bad beginning makes a bad ending"

Aha!  I don't know that exact saying, but I do know a similar superstition about how going to sea in a ship with _no_ name is automatically bad luck.  It's partly why I made sure to name Willow's ship and put a sign on it _saying_ the name:

boatname.png.c4d72829e1f8fa41dc4baef8f151b321.png

...although the specific name I gave it would usually be considered a BAD luck name, Willow...is Willow.  : P  This superstition is strong enough that it even made it into a Star Trek episode? I think?  I vaguely remember something about them being about to take off in some kind of makeshift shuttle, and then one of them is like "Wait!  We have to give it a name first!"  "Why?"  "You can't set off in a vessel with no name, it's bad luck!"  But I can't for the life of me remember when this was...

Anyway apparently according to some writers, at least, that superstition about setting off in an unchristened boat will live on until the 24th century.  Heh.

...Notorious

Here's my ship / shipwreck for this week's project. Tried to imagine it like the ship hit the land and came ashore, not sure if that reads well. Unfortunately I don't have a name for it... :blue:

1301808386_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_19_53PM.thumb.png.87f5a51b5185a5ced746cbee144e94f8.png114125327_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_20_08PM.thumb.png.20a28fd4d60f29e5dd8cca4189f26542.png454828726_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_19_00PM.thumb.png.14dfb87cd2cb8e0eb1551046ad69164b.png1066261003_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_19_37PM.thumb.png.faad80741ec6dcc6ce18f11f050c5968.png1037081349_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_19_47PM.thumb.png.01fce48f41bd1f57a58676ec48cf0575.png1135754715_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_20_01PM.thumb.png.0ef352ee8e8fbf39f37aa96eecfa9e55.png

Night pics-

Spoiler

2112436619_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_20_50PM.thumb.png.83a44e76b4dfd1c3685ec9690ab6ace7.png1738372533_ScreenShot2020-05-08at11_20_59PM.thumb.png.574b09aab4796d8c4d60eba43f0ea323.png

Archived