The builders project

So, we are all probably isolated because of "The end of the world" aka Corona virus. And we all are probably are berried in homework from teachers (this one if you are a student). But also we all have some free time and we all have already done every thing possible to stain sane. Isolation is not good for people, that's why I decided to create this free participate project:

A lot of you love to create, build, in this game. I am sure that you have wonderful perspectives, so this is the challenge: Each weak I will write here a project that you can build, ether on your world without console, or with the "to many items", then after building it post it here as a photo with the areal view mod. Under the photo say if you did it with or without console.

The project is supposed to be fun, so any one wont compare your build with the buildings of others.

If you have any suggestions for a new project for the next weak then writ it down below! 

So if you want to participate, then here is your first weak project: Build a pig city / pig hamlet , also give it a name! The dead line will be next Thursday! :wilson_pirate:

2 hours ago, Wumpair said:

Build a pig city / pig hamlet , also give it a name! The dead line will be next Thursday! :wilson_pirate:

38 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

*Laughs in @NSAiswatchingus*

Oh, well then...

World is called Welcome to Hamton! on PS4. No console commands. No mods. 9 towns, 34 shops, and 35+ quests. Using Lucky Gold Nuggets as a currency, players can use the different shops to buy the items/gear they want. Earn more gold by doing quests, sidequests, and participating in events. 

Open to public in Autumn, Friends only Winter and Spring, and closed for Summers. 

I just hit 5600 days yesterday so there's quite a few things I haven't recorded yet. If you want a look at the other towns check out the 4000 day video. 

I rarely ever left home anyway, I didn’t go out much except maybe to get something to eat or buy groceries- I didn’t go out to bars drinking or to parties, I mostly just stayed at home with my family playing video games all day that’s just what we do..

So this world pandemic made almost Zero changes to a life I had been living most my life to begin with.

I do find it Ironic that people used to think I was some weirdo giving me weird looks in stores and stuff and that if they got too close to me they might catch some life threatening Virus. Now it seems like God wants the whole world to know how Awkward that feeling can feel.

And while I do hope things go back to normal sooner rather than later, I think that maybe this is God’s way of telling us we should be nicer and more considerate of those around us. The way I’ve always seen things- Everything happens for a Reason.. we may not fully understand that reason but everything the good, the bad, all of it happens for a reason.

So, Hopefully what I have said hasn’t offended or upset anyone, I wish you all the best of health & to stay safe. This thread seems like it will be a lot of fun and a nice distraction from real world problems, so I will check back every now and then to view the things other people can come up with. :) 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I rarely ever left home anyway, I didn’t go out much except maybe to get something to eat or buy groceries- I didn’t go out to bars drinking or to parties, I mostly just stayed at home with my family playing video games all day that’s just what we do..

So this world pandemic made almost Zero changes to a life I had been living most my life to begin with.

Gamers rise up!

I know I could literally NEVER compare to stuff like Hamton, or even builds of several levels lower in size and complexity.  I'm  just not a big, orderly, perfect, beautiful buildy person in Don't Starve.  I make as much as I actually need,  usually put wherever's convenient, and the most I ever do with symmetry is putting matching trees on either side of a thing.  (I do believe the nature stuff I arrange IS pretty; it's just not...fancy.  Doesn't require a whole lot of work and trips and ruins rushes and boss fighting.)

That said, I felt like trying out with this project anyway, BECAUSE it's something I normally don't do.  Here is an early screenshot from my own pig village.  (There was originally nothing here, after the Deerclops came through.)

earlyfunkyton.png.95e056f3bd712ad461413e4b11895f7d.png

YOU back off; I'm the only reason you _have_ a home here at all!  : P  Ungrateful (literal) swine...

This server already has mods and I DID use console commands, but only because I suck at this and there was a time limit.  But, I only spawned in what I needed to build the place, not more for myself, and said console commands did NOT include anything that makes me immortal or makes the day/season easier.  I still needed to eat, I still needed light, I could still be hurt, this took several days and there were multiple (three? four?) hound attacks during the process.

This is an early rough-draft version.   The finished one, including an aerial view and a name sign, will come later.  :)

...Notorious

That's exactly the idea, this is a place where you can get creative!

For my self, I have builded this gigantic thingy:

image.thumb.png.c9dc685da008d2c624945fe4c6277996.png

This Place is cold "Pigland, the land of... the pigs" the current number of pigs is 19 and their fellow king!

So as I see there was a few people that participated in this weak building, so maybe lets continue:

This weak you may build a secret temple, ruins or other place that was once used by a old mysterious civilization . You can build underground if you wish!

And also the deadline is only to the new project, you may post your creations even after the weak is over!

Ah and, I didn't use any console to do the city! :wilson_vforvictory:

Some more pictures of my pig village (I kept thinking I was done, then going "Wait!  I have an idea!" and having to go all the way back there, build some more stuff, lead another dog attack away so they wouldn't set it on fire, etc.)

namedfunkyton.png.b6c50889dca7911767a2a77fc6fee7cd.png

Named after the song "Funkytown", but also, my old...Animal Crossing town!  TOPICAL!  : P  Yeah, when I played "Wild World" on the DS way back when, I named my town "Funkyton".  I made a surprisingly decent simple picture of a disco ball the town flag (you could still tell what it was from across town!  That still amazes me to this day) and made that one synth riff hook from the song the town anthem.  Because I could.

Since it's another town populated by animal people, I figured...why not.  And so New Funkyton was born in DST.

seperatedbythefence.png.2c92ba0f31519023ee7ff9668d76b8d4.png

Then I realised, "Hey, me, I just got a neat walnut gate for Year of the Carrat and then wove the fence to go with it, _why don't I use those_?"  And so I did.  Here's a shot from partway through making the fence.   NOOO!  I'M SEPERATED FROM MY KITTY!  WHATEVER SHALL I DO oh wait I can just go around.  : P

myfirstpipspook.png.f44c452bfff1072aad5ea905339ea4f8.png

While chopping down the trees that were in the way of my fence, I suddenly saw:  My first pipspook!  Oh!  Sorry, little guy/gal, I'd help you if I could, but I'm the wrong character.

(I pose in front of flaming trees as Wendy and then run into my first pipspook as Willow.  Somethin' ain't right here...)

funkytonfall.thumb.png.8e63b943d32619c51aac8f2075c7c58b.png

And here it is, almost fully done, with an aerial view!  Which I finally remembered I already had the mod for.  : P  In addition to finishing the fence (there's a gate in both the north and the south, so the pigs aren't trapped) I also planted a few matching trees and put in a couple new lamps.

(and yes, those ARE a bazillion (or four) fling-o-matics, thanks for noticing!  You know what ain't disabled on this server?  WILDFIRES.  This was just an ordinary survival world and I decided to build here rather than start a new one.  Why?   I dunno.  I have the circus fling-o, but thought the plain metal ones would go better with the iron lampposts.)

fullfunkytoninwinter.thumb.png.dbe8482544cdfe6bc4fc66c5275b2763.png

And yes, this took so long the season changed!  Even WITH the spawning things in with the console...but whenever I could, I went back to camp to get stuff out of my chests and brought it back here.  (It was also a MUCH longer fall--I wasn't keeping track, but I bet it was at least 40 days.)  And that's not counting the having to lead the hounds away all the time.)  

I should mention this is a Huge world and I've been playing all by myself the whole time, but that's no excuse.  Others manage WAY more than this without a single cheat.  This is _why_ I don't get into the whole megabase building thing...I'm just not that organised or efficient with my time and space, and all y'all give me MASSIVE envy/inadequacy complexes whenever I see your stuff. 

I mean, I did cheat for ONLY the town and not my own survival, but still...nobody else did...

Anyway we now have cute little rough-hewn wooden tables and chairs in the empty spaces like a park yay.  They each have their own light and their own tree.

And, last but not least...

funkytoninthesnow.thumb.png.6b897037317bef0d8d319355b47d9340.png

EEEEE LOOKIT THE LITTLE PIG VILLAGE IN THE SNOW omg.  I just _had_ to wait until this happened so I could take a picture of it before I left.  :)

And then, that night, just as I was chopping down a couple more trees that were way too close to the fence, I heard

HHHHHHHUUUUUUHHHHHH...

and I was like "NO YOU FORKING _DON'T_!  NOT AFTER ALL THIS!!" and booked the hell out of there.  I think I eventually spawned Clopsy in the Pig King's birch forest, but way south of the actual village.  With luck they'll be okay.

And that's the end of this saga, but I might take pictures of Funkyton in the spring and summer later on, just to complete the set.  :)

(Mods used:  Painted Pig Houses, Gorge Lights, Cherry Forest, Furniture Megapack, Evergreens 2Gether and Big Birchnuts Together.  Also the Actual Season Randomizer was doin' its thing in the background.)

UPDATE:  I've been back through this area and _both_ pig villages, the one I built and the Pig King's one, are okay.  Thank goodness.

...Notorious

1 hour ago, Wumpair said:

Pigland, the land of... the pigs

I certainly didn't expect that.

Can you still give pigs inedible stuff like rocks or twigs? Cause if you do, you can build pig towns in cave areas with orange turf, lots of light flowers and slurtle mounds. When earthquake happens, slurtles will come out and attack pigs with minerals in their inventory, causing massive battle. Since pigs' kiting period and slurtles' shell-hiding period are somewhat similar in duration, pigs may end up causing more damage per second than tanking bunnyman/rock lobsters, resulting in a steady supply of 90%-absorbing head armor and non-spoiling slurtle slime to refuel your miner hats.

The towns of Hamton that I made are pretty much identical to the ones made by @NSAiswatchingus, But I did make a pig castle which is not in his version.

Entrance Room - Great Hall

image.thumb.png.414aeaa9215e8d371154b4cd6276a0a2.png

Throne Room

image.thumb.png.38a9972ac80a5f61a37c2ede04c1ab61.png

Courtyard

image.png.7fc5b0f41e1b2df5a293a0e3b36c1210.png

Barracks/Storage

image.thumb.png.3331d4333d95620c88a635cf0143108d.png

Bathroom

image.thumb.png.48a50418f821a29673465c17f1414f60.png

This one feels a bit empty. Feel free to give suggestions as to what I should put in it!

Chapel

image.thumb.png.9c8f09d9a0590a96c3232b72ec7753b7.png

Study

image.thumb.png.481a726cf1f1c934c482f94400f32d55.png

The Great Hero's room

image.thumb.png.1e9fa4d6fb55ba74c9a98912591f4630.png

This is actually a reference to a Bumbleborg Video from a while back where he plays as the Bearger. It was also super tedious building the pig house and then destroying it over and over until I got a pig named Claudius.

Kitchen

image.thumb.png.f29c224e0aa8351e9acec8210baeb85b.png

Full Castle View

image.thumb.png.ffcdcfbaf23a779ab6d447ea5260a54f.png

There's one empty room I have no idea what to do with. Please, leave suggestions as to what that should be!

I also made a Dungeon for the Pig King with the Basements mod. Here are all the prisoners and what they did:

image.thumb.png.79cb973a5084a0d38df6cc4f66d50e54.png

image.thumb.png.a8edc60c17aafb88d669e55398adf005.png

image.thumb.png.4db99925f8d3c2fa1c8b89ecd5c27298.png

image.png.de54cc3573fcbd8b7c3631ffee7b7775.png

image.thumb.png.63dc5d642a913b753d722bffe72af7ae.png

And Finally, the most dangerous one.

image.thumb.png.61b652df88f61c3b994637b07afad7f7.png

There's also two empty cells for players that cause problems.

And in case you were wondering, I used console/commands and creative mode for all of this.

Ruins, ruins...hmmm...well, I don't want to just try and redo the actual Ancients' style ruins, 'cos the game devs themselves already did that way better.  So I'm not thinkin' thulecite and Ancient Crafting Stations and such.  I'm trying to think...what in the game could I use...that...seriously, I feel like someone trying to figure out how to make rounded and jaggedy shapes out of square, even Legos.

...was what I WAS thinking, but then suddenly:  An idea I had!  (that's deliberate, it's a quote from the infamous fanfic "My Immortal".)

I came up with a really good _location_ (and you know what they say about how important THAT is, in real estate!) for the ruins that would kinda...explain WHY they are ruins.  And I can work it into the backstory.  You'll see (or guess).

Problems are...

Spoiler

1.  I still suck at planning things out/organizing my space correctly

2.  I am not sure what exactly are the prefab names of all the things I'm gonna need to spawn in; need to look that up (by the way, c_spawn (item) was the ONLY console command I ever used, when I said I used console commands for the pig village project.  And usually I spawned in just the _ingredients_ and then ran back to the nearest alchemy engine to prototype it.  I didn't put in entire huge things or give myself magical knowledge.) 

Building some of the objects I'm gonna need yourself, legit, is kinda not doable anyway; I don't think you can actually craft your own marble pillars that look like the ones at the Maxwell statue-gardens, for example.  And if I want skeletons to represent the poor unfortunate souls who died in the apocalypse that took out their civ, well...I'm alone on this server and I'm not THAT dedicated to my craft!  : P  (And that'd be Wigfrid anyway!)

3.  Spiders have taken over the area, which is lore-appropriate (the ancient ruins have been infested by MONSTERS and only the bravest/stupidest of adventurers try to wrest away the riches rumoured to be within!  Wait.  Should I _put_ some "riches"?) but they're kinda going to, um, attack me.  A lot.  Maybe I'll lead the next hound wave over there and let my problems take care of each other, but I think there's also a Queen on the loose there.  This was my "tame spidernest" and then I COMPLETELY forgot about it and let it get out of control while building Funkyton.  Whoopsie!

4.  It's a dangerous area in and of itself and I could actually die of it if my dodging skills aren't on fleek.  Um.  _This is not a creative-mode server_, after all.

5.  It's spring now, so the special hounds will be ice ones but it's a spring of unknown length, to be followed by a summer (? maybe no summer at all!) of unknown length, and fling-os would not fit into this aesthetic in ANY way shape or form.  I may have to book it as soon as the air turns orange. So this might take longer than (most of) a week.  If I have to frotz off to the Cherry Forest and the Summer Lounge for like 25 (game, obviously) days again...

EDIT:  We got a summer all right.  Oooh, BOY, do we have a summer this year. A longer one than usual.  Weeelll...perhaps I could let nature do some of the "ruining" for me...?  It's an idea.  Also my buddy the Bearger is right nearby if I need help with hounds.

...but at any rate this should be interesting.  I'm not sure how cool I can make it, but at least now I have AN idea.  As much of a pain in the butt as it will be, I kind of LIKE the idea of building these things into the same world I was already playing, 'cos now it's starting to feel like it has a geography and history.  We've got Starvania (my base), Funkyton and the Pig King's village, and...whatever I end up naming this.

...Notorious

P.S.:  Derplord, I love your dungeons. They're hilarious.  XD  I made "dungeon" cells (simple uncomfortable beds, stone floors, barred doors) in the basement of that one Sims castle I made way back, and for some reason my Sims kept going there on PURPOSE!  : P

16 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

P.S.:  Derplord, I love your dungeons. They're hilarious.

Thanks!

I've already finished my project for this week. I've been making RPG-type dungeons in my Hamton for a little while, but I won't post it yet to give other people the opportunity to post theirs.

@Wumpair You're misspelling "week."

I thought I was done with mine, but I just came up with some other ideas that'll make it SO much better.  More detail and "backstory". The difference is, this time I took pictures of the earlier stages but didn't keep POSTING them on Steam and annoying everybody!  : P  I'll wait until I feel it's "done" and then post only the ones that show the finished product and the bits of the earlier stages that I feel are the most interesting looking.

...Notorious

Oh don't I know it.  The urge to go back and just tweak ONE more little thing...!

In this case, however, it does have to have an end 'cos there's a...(how to describe this?)...thing, that the game did, that will stop looking like a thing after a certain amount of time, and I was using that thing as part of the backstory?  So I had to get the ruins "done" and take the pictures before that happened.  Also before it snowed, 'cos I didn't want my FIRST full pictures of it to be partly obscured.  (Most of the building happened during summer, then a WHOAH that was fast! fall, and everything had turned blue by the time I went home.)

Anyway.

...Notorious

My computer just randomly shut off and I can't turn it back on. I may or may not be able to post my project this week.

I'm writing this on my Ancient phone, does that count as Ancient Ruins?

(Seriously, this is a Samsung Galaxy S.

Archived