[Game Update] - 397375

• Developer
  • Remove Disable Delivery button from algae terrarium and rust deoxidizer, disabling the building can be done instead
  • More work on Signal Distributor / Signal Selector anims, colouring and lighting the input and output lights appropriately.
  • Sweepy base station no longer needs to be lower priority than storage lockers in order for Duplicants to empty it.
  • Hooked up some sweepy base station anims.
  • Update in-game patch notes
  • Logic wires can now be replaced by different materials. Also support logic wires and logic ribbon replacements
  • Automation wire overloading uses proper timing so wires don't overload while paused
  • New artwork for XOR logic gate, 1st pass
  • Fix bottles/canisters appearing in front of buildings

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

Actually that's much better than the AND gate. I wonder if it would be possible for the whole green piece behind to be the shape of the XOR gate symbol. Would be so conforting for my engineer eyes, and probably still easy on everyone else's.

About the Automation Wires replacement, thank you so much! That was quick!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Remove Disable Delivery button from algae terrarium and rust deoxidizer, disabling the building can be done instead

Wasn't the buttom meant to make sure the building is only done by autosweepers and ensure it never wastes dupe times? Since this is still a problem, I think the disable delivery button is still useful, and in fact is needed on more buildings.

• Like 1

You could just achieve the same effect of an xor what out using the xor gate  by simply connecting all the wires together since any green signal makes the entire thing green anyways if all wires are connected.   Still wondering why xor is needed 

41 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

You could just achieve the same effect of an xor what out using the xor gate  by simply connecting all the wires together since any green signal makes the entire thing green anyways if all wires are connected.   Still wondering why xor is needed 

If both are inputs are green, you get a red output. the "X" stands for "eXclusive".

• Thanks 1

I like new logic gate graphics.
However, if you switch the input at a high speed, you may be a bit concerned that the graphic animation can't keep up.
After stopping the fast switching of the inputs, the animation will continue for a while as if it were processing a stuck task.
This is the same for selectors / distributors.
I'm a little worried that the high-speed switching will generate an endless number of animation stacks.
It may be useless worry.

• Like 2

@Ipsquiggle great thanks for making ONI better and better! good job guys!

Do you guys mind dividing reservoirs into smart- and regular ones? That would be more consistant compared to storage bins and batteries. My understanding is that there is already graphic for the primitive reservoir, so it is only matter of definig new building and adding it to the tech tree. More about it here: 

In addition, when we talk about consistancy, can you guys please ensure liquid and gas valves do NOT require duplicant interaction? I believe those 2 are the only existing buildings that need to have changes confirmed manually?

On top of that, would you kindly add some kind of "Look Inside" toogle button for logic gates to toogle between old and new, more detailed view? I understand why you update logic gates' artworks, now it is easier for many people to understand what is going on and it seems that you guys had good idea. However, there are people (including me) who don't need detailed explanation how the AND logic works, and adding more details into the gates won't help them, it would only make all logic systems more messy by adding too much details... If we had Look Inside button (with default: ON to make sure new players won't have troubles with it) we could easily make our logic pretty as it was before the update :) I know this is something new for your backlog several days before planned release date, but pretty pretty please, with cherry on top!

Once again thanks a lot for the updates, you had many great ideas for the pack and including community-requested features makes it even better! For solid sensors you guys have my unconditional love for at least some time ;) Thanks a lot!

Edited by pether

15 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Beside that the exclusive gate only is activ while ETHER Signal is on: Like with an or gate you have the benefit that the green signal of one source dosn't backwash to the other line. otherwise it could falsify other automations (like counters, other gate etc)

On 3/2/2020 at 8:31 PM, bountygiver said:

Wasn't the buttom meant to make sure the building is only done by autosweepers and ensure it never wastes dupe times? Since this is still a problem, I think the disable delivery button is still useful, and in fact is needed on more buildings.

I don't know what the intent was, but the button stops delivery from both dupes and sweepers currently.

On 03/03/2020 at 4:31 AM, bountygiver said:

You can make all the floor of your base with terrarium alimented in water with automaton and it's superefficient (no CO2 and a lot of polluted water  bootle than give O2 for 1/1 efficience) 

Look at this model (not mine)