Claymator v2. Stay weak (no labor).

If the deodorizers will fill the O2 chamber to any pressure, is there a way to airlock that O2 into your base without causing infinite popped eardrums? Or are air pumps the only option?

It looks like a nice setup to mix with Oxylite Puft farming as well. Since the chamber is always over pressure, the oxylite won't evaporate.

13 minutes ago, bobucles said:

If the deodorizers will fill the O2 chamber to any pressure, is there a way to airlock that O2 into your base without causing infinite popped eardrums? Or are air pumps the only option?

How about a door ??

25 minutes ago, SackMaggie said:

How about a door ??

A single door is a bad idea. It's amazing how much O2 can escape during 2 openings (in and out) when pressurized in the 100kg+ range. And considering this can range into the thousands of kg of pressure... 

Use a liquid lock of some sort and keep non-exosuit dupes out if you don't just seal ir off and use conveyors/autosweepers /pumps. 

Well, the expensive simple solution is to pump the oxygen into a vent which will auto regulate at 2kg. But if you're doing that you might as well pipe it into atmosuits and leave your dupes in them all day instead.

3 hours ago, bobucles said:

It looks like a nice setup to mix with Oxylite Puft farming as well. Since the chamber is always over pressure, the oxylite won't evaporate.

i think the only option without airpump is puft and sending oxylite directly  in your base. it can be completly done without power ( infinite toilet sending the excess ph2o in the claymator and dupe ranching dense puft and sweeping the oxylite manually).

I'm sure you could set up a chamber controlled by automated doors that lets air into the chamber 'slowly' until it hits a certain volume of air, and then letting that out of the chamber when it hits a certain pressure / the base's o2 pressure gets too low.

Did some testing, it's definitely possible but you'll probably want to do it through an extra chamber if you start dealing with like 5,000+ kg/tile because it becomes increasingly unreliable to control that volume of gas attempting to evacuate into a dramatically lower pressure area, whereas having your 8,000 kg/tile oxygen room feed into a 2,000 kg/tile secondary chamber and THEN into your base gives you a little more buffer space.

Of course, that's not terribly easy to automate, because atmo sensors only detect up to 20kg so IDK.

I was thinking something like using the airlock air pump setup. First you prime the chamber by opening all the doors, then you close one door at a time to squeeze most of the air back into the original room(from the grey chamber into the blue chamber). A few doors on the far end(orange) stay open, that's the final gas output. As long as the final gas output is too high(pressure sensor), the inner doors open (all the greys except the dark red) and continue to squeeze air back into the original room. (through the grey chamber and through the dark red door).

Pic related. It looks like a pretty involved setup! Dunno how big it needs to be, or if it'll start deleting O2 in the process.

Dupes pop eardrums at 4k gas, right? The chamber could allow higher pressure gas to escape, if it has room to spread out on the exit side.

Edit: Door automation doesn't consume power, so it could end up being efficient in terms of energy. It'd obviously be expensive on materials though.

oni oxygen out.jpg

A simple free option if you want to directly oxygenate your base with this: remove the ceiling so it is always pumping oxygen in. Then have a sensor somewhere appropriate which enables a door crusher to delete oxygen when the pressure becomes too high.

Place it on the bottom of your base and it will also delete excess CO2 first.

Option two: disable the supply of regolith.

1 hour ago, speckle21 said:

I just want to say the whole concept is @$%@#$ GENIUS!!!!!

Excuse me while i scrap the bits of skull off the walls after my HEAD EXPLODED at how incredible that was. 

This is the basic premise of how I supply O2 to all forest biome starts. 

Archived