Science! Tier Three? What could be there?

What if Wilson was able to take next step in SCIENCE instead of pathetic magic? Like a lvl3 research station "Laboratory". Extending concepts from previous scientific discroveries. For example:

1. Rainocontroller - you can now shelve (useless) rainometer - you control weather now. Allows you to start and stop preciption as you please (at a cost). 

2. Tesla rod - catches lighting and shines very brightly for a long period of time.

3. Barbed wire - new era fence, damages anyone who tries to attack it.

What do you think?

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think the reason Wilson ended up in the constant to begin with was because he was a Failure at being a scientist. So for him to suddenly be actually GOOD at Science would just seem rather weird to me.

I would like to think Wilson's science is fairly great, but he is very naive, just like Flint Lockwood from Cloudy chance of meatballs. Except that Wilson gave up as Flint didn't. 

Tier 3 is big brain time. "You thought lightning rods and Ice flingomatics were the epitome of science, BUT NOT UNTIL NOW. Enjoy the practicalities of time travel, ray guns, and robot butlers! We have flying cars, automatic dog walkers, humandestructionatthehandsofourrobotoverlords, and portable jacuzzi's! So come over to the constant and make your dreams of world-annihilation come true!"

Just now, Owlrus98 said:

Tier 3 is big brain time. "You thought lightning rods and Ice flingomatics were the epitome of science, BUT NOT UNTIL NOW. Enjoy the practicalities of time travel, ray guns, and robot butlers! We have flying cars, automatic dog walkers, humandestructionatthehandsofourrobotoverlords, and portable jacuzzi's! So come over to the constant and make your dreams of world-annihilation come true!"

WX-78 approves

I think one of the best ideas I’ve seen for Wilson is “Failed Experiments” I don’t remember who posted it so I can’t tag them and give them credit but they gave examples as to how like say Wilson could craft a potion that has a 50/50 chance of doing what he wants it to do- Like for example a potion that STOPS Rain could have a chance to backfire and cause FROG RAIN.

Meanwhile I just want his shaved off beard hair that is left laying on the ground (when Wilson is losing Sanity) to slowly start moving and grow a pair of eyes before turning into a BEARDLING. For every character who is NOT Insane it would look like Wilson was creating rabbits out of thin air.

But I get the whole idea from the fact that when you kill a rabbit at low sanity it always drops beard hair anyway.

It would be nice if researching required some effort for this tier 3 research station. Like, the items it allowed to make first have to be researched. Each of these items has different research times. It would need to be fueled and it would need to be supplied with different materials to keep the research going. After that, in order to make something you have to put in the materials to make what you want, then it starts processing that, It takes some time like a crockpot, you can only use the station to make what you want. No prototyping.

Not gonna lie but in-game all you do is just make a science machine. Get some cheap materials then make alchemy. After that, you almost make everything you need. It should be something more than just that. 

11 hours ago, Bothead said:

It would be nice if researching required some effort for this tier 3 research station. Like, the items it allowed to make first have to be researched. Each of these items has different research times. It would need to be fueled and it would need to be supplied with different materials to keep the research going. After that, in order to make something you have to put in the materials to make what you want, then it starts processing that, It takes some time like a crockpot, you can only use the station to make what you want. No prototyping.

Not gonna lie but in-game all you do is just make a science machine. Get some cheap materials then make alchemy. After that, you almost make everything you need. It should be something more than just that. 

A bit like the OG science system with the points?

11 hours ago, NotSoLonelyDupe said:

I think wilson should have an advanced magic stuff. It's only fair since he once sat on the throne. He must have learned a thing or two from his short reign.

Didn't Charlie get all the power Wilson got from the throne by killing him/whatever thing she did in the ANR cinematic?

3 minutes ago, Desblat said:

Power yes, but not the knowledge. 

Knowledge, yes. I asked this one day, but I don't remember having an answer. Maxwell did something on him, on his brain. Did he just give him the portal plan, or more ? 

+ the time he spent on the throne, he should at least have some weird ideas. 

23 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Knowledge, yes. I asked this one day, but I don't remember having an answer. Maxwell did something on him, on his brain. Did he just give him the portal plan, or more ? 

+ the time he spent on the throne, he should at least have some weird ideas. 

He still has the codex.

What if instead of entire new structures Wilson could make a mad science kit and use it to upgrade existing structures. Like you click it on a lighting rod and it upgrades it into a Tesla rod. Or click it on a Flingomatic to increase its range and add a cooling aura. 

That way it's all compressed into a single item instead of a whole crafting tab and you don't have to hammer all of the old structures to replace them with the new one.

3 hours ago, SpookyXy said:

What if instead of entire new structures Wilson could make a mad science kit and use it to upgrade existing structures. Like you click it on a lighting rod and it upgrades it into a Tesla rod. Or click it on a Flingomatic to increase its range and add a cooling aura. 

That way it's all compressed into a single item instead of a whole crafting tab and you don't have to hammer all of the old structures to replace them with the new one.

Stick that tesla rod from the OP's post into any of Winona's generators to add lightning as an alternative power supply.

Only issue I thought of is it sort of turns Wilson into another "craft and switch" styled character like Winona/Warly is sort of now.  You do the stuff, get the rewards, then pick a "real" character to reap bigger benefits.

Archived