Why there are no Merms in Hamlet

I have just noticed that their are no merms in Hamlet and why is that?

I have a few theories-

They are extinct there or at least Wiped out by the pigs on the islands: I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case honestly, but to my guess it was ages ago as no really mentions it my knowledge, and none of them talk about it. Also Wilba doesn't seem to know what a merm even is as she calls them mermaids image.png.0e9e9c768604a15eb6f2e467ac7296f3.png That or it's just what pigs call them lol

The Merms have been exiled: like the first one but a little lighter I guess, Perhaps the merms knew they couldn't win and decided to surrender and were forced to leave the islands, and perhaps are the ones in shipwrecked. Which could the reason why they sometimes run away from you cause they think your like the pigs.

they were thanosed out of extence like warbucks lol: yeah-

So yeah that's my theroies, especially the last one, feel free to prove me wrong share your theories 

What about merms being, well, water things, so there is no point of them existing in floating islands in the sky? That "would explain" (not really lol) why they exist in the RoG land and Shipwrecked. 

That is all i've got.

Then you see ponds with lilypads and hypos and, well... Manure. 

DS/T has quite a few dark undertones so it's very much possible Merms were indeed conquered and forced into servitude ("mermaid") by Hamlet PigKind and, in time and by various methods/circumstances, either banished, escaped in the sea below clouds or plain... gone extinct.

17 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

DS/T has quite a few dark undertones so it's very much possible Merms were indeed conquered and forced into servitude ("mermaid") by Hamlet PigKind and, in time and by various methods/circumstances, either banished, escaped in the sea below clouds or plain... gone extinct.

Oh man, Maybe that's why Merms hate pigs so much hh-

Oh man, Just because your not in the real world anymore doesn't your mean your not in a "real" world

I believe that multiple quotes have insinuated that the merms swam to the constant and thats how they arrived. Since hamlet also takes place up a mountin, it would be difficult to believe that merms would go up a essential waterfall then the islands of shipwreck and rog.

10 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Merms only live in Swamps, there are no swamps in Hamlet. Swamps are a type of wetland, wetlands are wet, most other biomes are not. This type of thing should have been at the top of your list.

Perhaps that could be it, or maybe the swamp there was destroyed or even dried up, and who knows, maybe the merms use to take refuge at the lily pond or something. 

I believe they were most likely never on the plateau because of their absence from any mural or sculpture. Typically any written record (including hieroglyphics to my knowledge) don't leave any subservient or enemy faction unrecorded. So, merms most likely were just never there because their origin is either from gnaw or wherever the constant and island merms originate from. 

10 hours ago, HorseyTheYes said:

Oh man, Maybe that's why Merms hate pigs so much.

I believe the merms only aggro onto you when you get close to their house?

Pigs instantly aggro regardless of house distance though.

So if we put it like that, pigs seem to be the bad guys trying to eradicate merms whereas merms simply just want to live a normal life.

Pigs: Extroverts that turned to the dark side

Merms: Introverts that just wanted to be left alone.

Don't kill me just because I mentioned the fact that an extrovert can go bad. I know the internet is like a baby.

Archived