Is egg incubation effected by temperature?

20 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

I’m thinking about a temp-driven kill chamber, but not sure if high temps will effect critters eggs. Anybody know?

If you want to kill eggs, stick them in a container or solid transport and keep it there.

29 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

Opposite: would like to drop excess eggs in a room, where they would hatch and then get cooked :)

I think drowning critters is easier than cooking them to death. You can't get bbq from high temperature and eggs don't drown.

A few weeks ago someone posted a thread on the forums for an automated pokeshell ranch that dropped the eggs off via rail, and when they hatched, they could move away from the drop-off point and there was a door in the floor below mesh tiles that could close and force boiling petrol up to boil the pokeshell to death.

For the critter eggs I can definitely say no, incubation and state not affected up to 400 C, higher temps not tested.
This reddit claims raw eggs turn into omelette at 75C, but I never tried it.

critter eggs turn into raw eggs if kept in a container long enough. 
Fully automatic omelette maker should be no problem then, only watch your cholesterols,

22 hours ago, Vencover said:

How long should an egg boil and what temperature? 

I did it in a previous base. 75C is surely enough, I think it can be a couple degrees lower, you should test it. The transformation works like any other, when the raw eggs reach the correct temperature, they instantly turn into omelette, just like water turns into steam at around 100C. I can't look right now, but it might even be listed as a "melt temperature" in the in-game encyclopedia.

19 minutes ago, suxkar said:

I did it in a previous base. 75C is surely enough, I think it can be a couple degrees lower, you should test it. The transformation works like any other, when the raw eggs reach the correct temperature, they instantly turn into omelette, just like water turns into steam at around 100C. I can't look right now, but it might even be listed as a "melt temperature" in the in-game encyclopedia.

Weird... I thought they were listed as made out of genetic ooze with its insanely high melt temperature.

3 hours ago, psusi said:

Weird... I thought they were listed as made out of genetic ooze with its insanely high melt temperature.

Actually I believe you are right. Still, the transformation happens as I described, instantly once the right temperature is reached by the raw egg. I'm almost certain it was 70C or 71C.

If you want a cheap solution, an insulated room with a space heater and proper conveyor system is enough to automate the process. I've read around that eggs becoming non viable in a storage unit is the same as cracking them: you obtain raw eggs and egg shells. This means you can even forego the eggcracker and simply put a storage bin in the "cooking room" so there is no dupe interaction at all. Though, I've never done it so I can't confirm that.

Archived