Bats O_O

- Leaving a single enclosed bunnyman hut next to the exit, so they fight with him instead, every night

- Leaving chester next to the exit so they keep attacking him, and leave me alone. Batlisks never deal enough damage to kill chester

- Ignoring them completely, moving away when they chase me, and hoping they get emotionally hurt when I give them the silent treatment

On top of the bunnyman method, you could try enclosing the sinkhole in fences; however, it's important to note that (as they are flying mobs, and have different pathing ai than normal ones) you must leave the back of the enclosed area open (even if just a little bit by one tiles worth). Batilisks have a similar pathing not unlike bees, so if there are no exits in an area they can escape through, they will ignore the structures all together and go right through them. 

A design I use for this concept in my servers would look something like this:

• Wall or fence off the surrounded sinkhole, and add a door to the front for access.
  • With the back-section exposed, add more walls/fences in a perpendicular fashion to the back in two parallel rows (essentially a long hallway extension) for as far as desired.
  • Add 1-2 (I use two for faster results) Bunny Hutches at the end of the corridor. 

A bit out of the way compared to a lot of the other suggestions from above, but something fun you can do in your free time if you wanted I guess.

3 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

On top of the bunnyman method, you could try enclosing the sinkhole in fences; however, it's important to note that (as they are flying mobs, and have different pathing ai than normal ones) you must leave the back of the enclosed area open (even if just a little bit by one tiles worth). Batilisks have a similar pathing not unlike bees, so if there are no exits in an area they can escape through, they will ignore the structures all together and go right through them. 

A design I use for this concept in my servers would look something like this:

• Wall or fence off the surrounded sinkhole, and add a door to the front for access.
  • With the back-section exposed, add more walls/fences in a perpendicular fashion to the back in two parallel rows (essentially a long hallway extension) for as far as desired.
  • Add 1-2 (I use two for faster results) Bunny Hutches at the end of the corridor. 

A bit out of the way compared to a lot of the other suggestions from above, but something fun you can do in your free time if you wanted I guess.

Ah, sounds great!  That will channel them towards bunnymen while preventing the bunnymen from being a danger to you if you have meat in you when running around the sink hole.

I usually use the bunnymen setup. I usually don’t prefer the hutches being around however, so I box them in and smash the houses afterward.

The current bunnymen pen I use usually looks like this: 83B6ECDE-AAFE-41EE-971F-2D15B2E19C13.thumb.jpeg.ad0b7852112fbbc3794201b92f096324.jpeg

The lureplant + Flingo is simply there for summer smoldering, but you can get the general idea from its simplicity.

I thought of a method to simply warp the bats away from the cave sinkhole to somewhere far away (lunar island, for instance) to get rid of them entirely. Sadly, they despawn after awhile, so it doesn’t really work too well (I wish I knew that after using almost a stack of purple gems...)

Archived