Gingerbread houses

43 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Do they stay forever or will they despawn after some time or after Winter's Feast?

As long as you, mobs (like deerclops) or environment (e. g. meteor shower) don't destroy it.

43 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Do they spawn Gingerbread Pigs that Wander around and don't run away?

No, gingerbread pigs do not appear from this houses.

Can you trap indefinitely a ginger pig in an enclosure?

How do the gingerbread houses appear? I mean, I followed a ginger for like 25min for nothing at the end. It seems like he died for no reason after that time, there were no treat around.

Can there be more than one ginger pig on the map at the same time?

2 hours ago, csc_unit said:

How do the gingerbread houses appear?

they appear offscreen, wont appear if you have gingerpig in sight

43 minutes ago, CutChemist said:

Does anyone by any chance in this thread know the prefabs for them?

gingerbreadpig, crumbs,  gingerbreadhouse

The Gingerbread Pigs spawn near any player 3 days after the last one disappeared. Two Gingerbread Pigs can't exist at once, the existing one has to either be chased or allowed to die naturally after a few minutes of spawning.
If you get within 4 tiles of one, they run away from you. Since they run in the opposite direction of where you approach from, you can manipulate where they run to and thus the general area where they spawn their Village/Varg.
Once they get 11 tiles away, they'll teleport to another nearby spot and spawn crumbs leading to them, to give the illusion of a more winding chase.
After 4 teleports, they'll disappear and either place down a Gingerbread Village or Gingerbread Varg. The Varg is a 20% chance, and otherwise you'll get a Village.

Hii there~ 
can someone help me here? i stumbled upon this forum whie searching for this ''problem'' i'm having, but haven't figured anything  out yet
is it a 'problem' with my character or has the ginger pigs ran into an error of sorts in my game?
this is the second ginger pig i've ran into, but they always do that jump scare and some crumbes fall to the floor,but they just stay in this 'out of breath' pose after they get scared and do not move, actually they just slide around if i push them with my character, and do not run around at all
since this is just the second time they've appeared i haven't tried another character yet, but since i'm here reading about these little guys i might as well just ask if it's a bug or not xD hahaha
if not maybe Klei could 'fix' or add something that makes them run around even if the character is friendly? maybe like the turkeys [forgot their names] or normal birds that just fly/'run away' if you get too close, even if the character in question is seen as ''friendly'' to other animals like penguls or rabbits like my character is. this way we can chase them down aswell and collect the gingerbread crumbles  too >u< even if we choose to not kill the litte guys.
thanks in advance 

If you get within 4 tiles of one, they run away from you. Since they run in the opposite direction of where you approach from, you can manipulate where they run to and thus the general area where they spawn their Village/Varg.

image.thumb.png.555a49ea3ffb29b49c8a4020cb041488.png

On 12/18/2019 at 11:13 PM, jennyhk said:

Hii there~ 
can someone help me here? i stumbled upon this forum whie searching for this ''problem'' i'm having, but haven't figured anything  out yet
is it a 'problem' with my character or has the ginger pigs ran into an error of sorts in my game?

Your world is modded, it'd be better if you try it without any mods at all, including client mods to see if this is an issue on your end.

indeed as i tought it's because my char. is friendly towards animals, so they do not run away
but still like i said birds, etc do 'ran' when i approach, do you know where can i give suggestions to klei?
if there's an specific forum thread for it? 'cause it would be nice if they added a more 'powerful' code for the ginger pigs to run away even if the character is 'friendly', like some creatures still do like the birds, geckos, etc

tried in a vanilla world only my char activated.
i guess i'll just add the holiday cheers through console for now or something, i don't wanna hurt those little guys they're way too adorable xD 

image.thumb.png.ec2f58956cc04e206e279a68d3c1b613.png

Archived