Slavic carpet tile

Carpet tile has -25% move speed, but 20 base decor in 4 tile radius. For a granite reed carpet, that's 26 decor - more than a gold tile, which also has only 3 tile range. A gold floor is 5*22.5=112.5, a carpeted one 6*26=156.

Dupes observe decor with their feet, so in the standardized OCD-friendly 4 tile tall hallways, metal tiles aren't "visible" from below. But carpet tiles are.

Therefore if you want to use carpet primarily for decor, you should lay it not on the floor, where it harms move speed, but on the ceiling. Similar to how some russians hang carpets on the walls.

Then there's that actually useful, unlike more decor -15% stress buff, but you don't get anything extra from laying continuous sections of carpet, just strategic one tile buff renewers and one tile under the tile where the dupe will work a machine/sleep/eat/groom/massage/etc. Yes, dupes in suits still feel it.

I came here hoping it was a mod adding homey wall carpet decorations :(

Sincerely,

From Poland

(in all seriousness, it's not that prevalent here, but my childhood neighbor from downstairs had a bunch :D she also had a sausage dog and sometimes nannied me)

1 hour ago, caffeinated21 said:

How long does the stress buff last?

15 seconds. Each game tick spent on carpet renews the duration, except when it sometimes doesn't for unknown reason.

1/40 of a cycle * -15% stress/cycle = 0.375% stress. Poor man's buddy bud, except it also works in suit.

9 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Man you guys are scary. How about, ya know, making pretty, eye-pleasing, soul-soothing base designs?!

Imagine if you had to live in a place where carpets were strategically places blotches on the ceiling!

There is beauty and elegance in maximum efficiency.

1 hour ago, Ellilea said:

How about, ya know, making pretty, eye-pleasing, soul-soothing base designs?!

If it doesn't work well, it only pretends to be pretty, but is actually ugly on the inside.

Tactical carpet may not soothe eyes, but it soothes feet. And duplicants see beauty with their feet.

There is just something in me that rebels against order and symmetry. Much as I have tried in many games, my bases always come out misshapen monstrosities of convenience and efficiency. Some of the people I play modded minecraft with have commented they feel triggered and physically sick on touring my bases ha ha.

Archived