Why does King of The Merm give trinkets?

To the only character that has no use for them. It makes no sense. 

And no, the portal character swap is not an answer since a lot of players refuse to use it (me included)

Same for meat. i think it's bad design for only one character to have no use for something as abundant as meat, and to actually get a useless reward from her king. 

1 hour ago, LaurelWreaths said:

Same for meat. i think it's bad design for only one character to have no use for something as abundant as meat, and to actually get a useless reward from her king.

Meat can be used as Filler for almost any vegetable Crock Pot recipe like Ratatouille, Fist Full of Jam, Butter Muffin, etc., except Flower Salad and Salsa Fresca, if it's prepared the right way.

3 hours ago, LaurelWreaths said:

I usually turn my meat into eggs to use as filler for Fistful of Jam, among other recipes.

Even if it was completely useless, I don't think it's necessarily bad game design. Meat and meat-based crockpot dishes are considered the best in the game by a lot of players, so a character that can't make use of them can be really unique and interesting, since they force you to find different food sources and overall play a bit differently.

3 hours ago, LaurelWreaths said:

To the only character that has no use for them. It makes no sense. 

And no, the portal character swap is not an answer since a lot of players refuse to use it (me included)

You could give the trinkets to the Antlion, though I personally think Wurt is a very multiplayer-based character. The king makes merms neutral to other players, other players can befriend merms with the Clever Diguise and the trinkets can be given to other players so they can be traded with Pig King. 

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Meat can be used as Filler for almost any vegetable Crock Pot recipe like Ratatouille, Fist Full of Jam, Butter Muffin, etc., except Flower Salad and Salsa Fresca, if it's prepared the right way.

Hmmm, Butter Muffin filler. So instead of adding 2 sticks and done, i cook the meat, feed it to the bird, pick up the eggs and put them in the crock pot.

I`m totally fine with her not eating meat, i just want an alternative use for it.  

You can also give eggs to antion for the same outcome - 1 sand stone. It would've been better if merm king gave 2-3x crop seeds for each farmable vegetable, acting as better bird cage and poop for everything else with a small chance of giving dug plants corresponding to vegetables/fruits given (berry bushes, bull kelps, etc). What would he even need fish for? Stockpiling it and watching it die? Ridiculous.

I'd say it's probably intended to promote working together. Wurt gets this stuff that she can't use herself, but others can use it to get Gold. Share Gold with Wurt to keep getting trinkets from Wurt to get more Gold. Win-win.

And yea, Eggs are great filler for her. If you find yourself with too much, you could slow down on your vegetable farming; 3 eggs per dish works for both Fist Full of Jam and Ratatouille, so you only end up needing one low tier fruit/veggie per meal.
Otherwise, more Eggs to give to other players for more Gold.
If you're playing solo? Rotten Eggs to Gunpowder. Nuke the Pig village. Kill the pig. Spill it's blood. Leave their monarch to fatten upon a throne of ashes.

I love getting trinkets from the merm king. I use most of them as decorations in my base. 

I don't think Wurt should have any use for meat, as that's the main challenge of the character. If you must thought, you can use meat for hambats and rot, which are both very useful.

Archived