[Game Update] - 380289

• Developer

Return of Them Beta Hotfix:

• Returned the Mast Kit, Anchor Kit, and Steering Wheel Kit crafting style
  • Fixed Skittersquid ink effects on clients
  • Live fish can now be placed in the Crock Pot
  • Hammering the Anchor on a boat will now result in a leak (to match the Tin Fishin' Bin)
  • Adjusted the Fish Cordon Bleu recipe to work with two Fish Morsels
  • Spoiling Freshwater Fish now results in Spoiled Fish instead of Rot
  • Merm King will now drop Freshwater Fish when killed

View full update

I'd also like to let everyone know that we are looking into the annoyance of Wurt's crafting items requiring a lot of fish and button clicks. Thank you for your feedback on this.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 14

Great changes! I’m especially happy for the fish cordon bleu and sail kit ones. 

the freshwater fish change is really nice too! That combined with oasis fishing or merm farming can allow for lots of bone shards, which is something that was lacking in terms of sources.

• Like 3

Several suggestions:

- Make all types of fish stack to 10

- Make Wurt be able to feed fish with seeds and berries (fishes survive unnatural environment by 'leeching' on her natural skin wetness)

- Make wet fishes spoil at reduced rate

- Split Fish Scale-o-Matic into fishbowl and weighing scale. Fishbowl can be carried in the inventory and have 1 fish inside that stays alive forever and doesn't require feeding (like Star-Sky). Wurt gains double sanity from such item in her inventory compared to just having alive fish as item.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One suggestion I have is (if I am wrong about this just forget about me) to allow 2 freshwater fish/fish morsels in the Surf 'n' Turf recipe. I find it odd that you cannot get it with just freshwater fish and meat like before. Would definitely help to avoid going to the ruins and spending 2-3 days just fishing to get food you will be too hungry during the process to save for later. Would definitely help warly have an early game sanity food and not be insane 24/7 until he gets farms and tents up an running. 

EDIT: On revision, a better change I thought of would be to give a .5 Meat value to fish morsels, as it's fundamentally the same effect as stated above, but with an easier fix than reworking the recipe itself..I think.

Edited by Owlrus98

3 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

EDIT: On revision, a better change I thought of would be to give a .5 Meat value to fish morsels, as it's fundamentally the same effect as stated above, but with an easier fix than reworking the recipe itself..I think.

It already is apparently. Fish morsel = 0.5 fish value = 0.5 meat value. Fish meat = 1 fish value = 1 meat value.

Cordon Bleu tweak is very welcome. However we still need tweaks to three other fish recipes in my opinion.

Currently Seafood Gumbo is both almost impossible to make (can only be made with 2 fish morsels + 2 eel or smt) and needless to make in comparison to Surf 'n' Turf (you already reach the meat value required for surf and turf, which has higher priority). I suggest either a recipe change (2 fish value, would set it apart from surfnturf and would make it cookable with 4 fish morsel/2 regular fish+fillers) or better make its priority higher than surf and turf so if you put too much fish, it'd make gumbo thus any crock pot filled with over 2.5 fish value would turn out gumbo, thematically requiring surfnturf to actually require and balance non fish meats in the pot.

Next, Fish Tacos. Now they got the chance to become more prevelant since two of the fish species dropping corn and pop corn, making the recipe accessible only by fishing, without farming. This has to be set apart from fishsticks with a stat change, making it better or at least en par with the recipe requiring sticks instead of corn. Easy solution would be switching the stats of fishsticks and tacos so while fishsticks would be a mediocre healing food with 20 healing, adding in more effort via a fished or farmed corn would yield 40 HP, encouraging farming as a viable food source.

Finally Cheviche. Not sure a change was made to it or not but it should require 1 fish value, just like cordon bleu so it doesn't fall obsolete (absolutely no reason to make cheviche if it requires 2 Fish value, which you can easily push for the better Gumbo or surf and turf.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2