I'll say this while there's still time

Klei if the next rework or new character happens to be next to Winter's Feast or Chinease New Year then please just give us a normal cinematic with lore.

Lack of lore in Woodie's cinematic i can understnad since he's your canadian inside joke but Wurt: HEr cinematic was jsut hijacked by Hallowed Nights. We know nothing about her other that she doesn't like pigs which is obvious.

So I'd rather sacrefice event cinematic in the name of lore than the other way around

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

Klei if the next rework or new character happens to be next to Winter's Feast or Chinease New Year then please just give us a normal cinematic with lore.

Lack of lore in Woodie's cinematic i can understnad since he's your canadian inside joke but Wurt: HEr cinematic was jsut hijacked by Hallowed Nights. We know nothing about her other that she doesn't like pigs which is obvious.

So I'd rather sacrefice event cinematic in the name of lore than the other way around

The new cinematic should have the character singing with Wilson and Willow.

21 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I mean, what are you supposed to know about her? Shes a merm just like all the other merms.

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Well, she's a "guard merm" due to her horns but she's a really young merm. It comes into question about her biology and gender since the merms look male.

If you were a merm you would be able to differentiate their gender more easily.

22 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

I mean, what are you supposed to know about her? Shes a merm just like all the other merms.

No she is not like all other merms. She is special: she figured out about merm kings, guards etc. But we don't know nothing about her. She can read etc.

How did she learn how to read language she've never seen in such a young age while other merms are idiots?

36 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-snip-

I thought it was great! We know why she joined the survivors, her motivations, and, y'know, her personality. It’s a perfect little introduction to the character. It’s weird to start asking for background on something you don’t even know about, yeah? 

That being said, I don’t know if it’s really justified to start worrying about event cinematics taking over. You can’t really call out a pattern if there’s only one instance of it happening.

17 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

I thought it was great! We know why she joined the survivors, her motivations, and, y'know, her personality. It’s a perfect little introduction to the character. It’s weird to start asking for background on something you don’t even know about, yeah? 

That being said, I don’t know if it’s really justified to start worrying about event cinematics taking over. You can’t really call out a pattern if there’s only one instance of it happening.

What I was hoping for with Wurt's trailer was any word about mermification or the gorge.. so it was disappointing to me. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to fill the holes between the gorge.. forge.. and whatever is happening now.

And while events taking over trailers might not be a pattern just yet, the lack of lore in trailers is at this point. Its safe to assume that this loreless trend could continue.

32 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Extinguish the fire while it's still in the spark

2 hours ago, Crimson Chin said:

Its safe to assume that this loreless trend could continue.

Winona Short: has lore, shows how she got to the constant and all sorts of stuff about Voxola.
Wortox Short: has lore, shows how he became the soul-hungry cursed goat thing he is, tells us a lot about Krampus.
Willow Short: has lore, shows some of Willow's childhood at the orphanage, and explains why Bernie is important to her.
Wormwood Short: has lore, shows Wormwood's literal birth and why he's so lonely.
Warly Short: has lore, shows Warly's relationship with his maman and why Warly cares about cooking so much.
Woodie Short: doesn't have lore. Surprisingly enough, the character who has always been nothing but a Canadian joke continues to be nothing but a Canadian joke.
Wurt Short: has minimal lore, shows Wurt's curiosity and desire to learn new things. She's just a kid, do you want to see her birth too or something?

People are really really overreacting here. 5/7 of the character shorts so far show off a significant amount of lore about them. I get why some people expected more for Woodie, but I really don't think him or Wurt needed large amounts of tragic lore like the other characters have, because it just doesn't fit them.

2 hours ago, Desblat said:

How did she learn how to read language she've never seen in such a young age while other merms are idiots?

She didn't, she just looked at the pictures. Reading is a recent development after she met the survivors. There's many quotes in the actual videogame (there can be lore there, too!) that imply Wickerbottom is treating Wurt just like the other kids, and teaching her stuff like how to read, manners, how to speak more proper, etc.
Wickerbottom's quotes for Wurt:

WURT =
        {
            GENERIC = "Hello dear %s, are you ready for more lessons?",
            ATTACKER = "Settle down, now!",
            MURDERER = "I will not tolerate that kind of behavior, %s!",
            REVIVER = "Why thank you, dear.",
            GHOST = "Oh that won't do at all, let's get you sorted out.",
            FIRESTARTER = "Do you remember what I said about fire? I should say not!",
        },

Wurt's quotes for Wickerbottom:

WICKERBOTTOM =
        {
            GENERIC = "Can you read me story, florp?",
            ATTACKER = "Why mad? Didn't do anything!",
            MURDERER = "Trusted you!",
            REVIVER = "Thank you very much! (Me say that right?)",
            GHOST = "Will get you heart right away!",
            FIRESTARTER = "That not where campfire goes.",
        },

Archived