• Rook, Knight, Bishop
  2. 2. Hardest?

• Bishop, Knight, Rook
    • Bishop, Rook, Knight
    • Knight, Bishop, Rook
    • Knight, Rook, Bishop
    • Rook, Bishop, Knight
    • Rook, Knight, Bishop

As others have mentioned, this depends on the strategy. For the sake of simplicity, I will be assuming a default character with no backup aid, and without bone armor. 

As for the easiest, my layout has always been knight, bishop, and then the rook. The reason is because with immense speeds you will only get hit once by the bat attack of the bishop and you can kite the rook without getting hit. I don’t prefer to leave the knight up past level one since it’s kiting combined with its above average damage can really hurt while trying to fight it.

As for hardest, I honestly see rook, bishop, and knight. A tier 2 bishop can leave you vulnerable to the knight, and a tier 3 knight is incredibly brutal with its range and how you essentially need to tank the boss if you want to hit it while absorbing 150 hit head slams. 

As mentioned, this relies on what the strategy is. A tier 3 knight can be crushed by lots of bunnymen or other followers because of its single target weakness, while a rook will easily massacre hoards of mobs before they event dent it’s health.

I prefer having the rook last as it's the one that you can very reliably avoid

the knight has a massive attack range at rank 3 to the point that kiting is impossible

and whilst it is true that the bishop does less damage, it's also near impossible to dodge if it starts it's attack on you and hitstuns you into eating the full thing.

if the intended strategy is to tank, then by all means the bishop should be slain last but otherwise I'd stick to leaving the rook.

well it depends on several things. When playing solo, if you have the speedbonus available to kite the level 3 rook, then i'd keep him for last. If you don't, then i'd leave the bishop last, as even tho i'll get hit he would die pretty fast. In both scenarios i like doing the knight first. Also as it was pointed above, if bone armor is available obviously rook last regardless.

As a group i'm not sure, the fight is easy enough either way, but i think the rook might be better to leave last, as he can only target 1 player as far as i know, while the bishop will hit multiple. 

Archived