Bleachstone

I want to show you my puft ranch, it's a beast and has 6 stables. The only issue is that after placing 12-13 pufts in it, they have all failed to breed properly and after 500 cycles there is only 3 pufts left.

My conclusion is that Pufts are ****.  They are always starving, despite the rooms being filled to max pressure with PO2 and they seem to produce nothing but dense or squeeky eggs as a result.

Some people might tell me that I'm doing it wrong and I could not agree with them more!

I have never had problems with puft ranches. They always produce so many extra eggs I have to also have kill pools.  They even buffed princes by letting them consume each type of gas.

now I’ve never done it fully automated since the prince requirement mixes things up. 

3 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

I have never had problems with puft ranches. They always produce so many extra eggs I have to also have kill pools.  They even buffed princes by letting them consume each type of gas.

now I’ve never done it fully automated since the prince requirement mixes things up. 

From my point of view the remaining problem isn't the ranching itself, but the quantity of chlorine you can get. Excepting geysers, generally not so generous, only consuming rust will give you chlorine, and damn, not a lot...

They changed the puft mechanics totally on official launch. You could feed squeaky puffs by the dozens with only one chlorine geyser, now it is less than a handful.
But still, I was able to maintain a positive bleach stone count so far with just one ranch, feeding lots of hand sanitizers and quite a lot of lettuce (15). No hot tub yet, I don’t know if that changes everything. And there are usually some bleachstone asteroids in space, I have 2 in my current base. I can still use a rocket to fill any gaps.

One chlorine vent is emitting between 70 g/s & 140 g/s. Squeaky pufts are now consuming 50g/s. So you can feed (and fulfill) between 1, and 2 pufts (including the prince), with one chlorine vent.

With one rust deoxidizer running 100% uptime, the maximum reaches 2 squeaky and 1 prince. One more !

I truly love the puft boost they've made, but for squeaky puft it's a bit unbalanced.

Archived