Quirk with the Ruins' Nightmare Cycle?

Today I finally made it into the ruins with my mod character, and I noticed something odd about the colouring of her.

When she's outside of the ruins, the pink on her body and items is the regular colour. But when in the ruins, specifically those pink parts get the same filter applied to them as the rest of the Nightmare Cycle-indicating things do?

I thought they just swapped the textures for when the Cycle changes, but is this how it's always worked?

image.png.ee1a58a9ee6a8071b478081d9b739507.png 

image.png.df81fc8a504074a210d74d0ccf4b28f9.png

image.png.e039dcfa1b443b8f4682475832bea519.png

I'm not complaining though! It does look really nice.

6 minutes ago, Scrumch said:

[snip]

Yep that's how it works, the colorcube of the ruins "exaggerates" all the reds in a color and makes it look bright like that, bring anything that has a redish tint into the ruins and you'll see it.

Also this looks like single player Don't Starve, and should probably go into those forums instead of the DST forum, :p

20 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I don't know what OP's talking about but I do know that I want a Kobold character now. Get on it Klei!

She's not actually a Kobold, but an Argonian! Though I do understand that the pickaxe and mining helmet aren't do her any favours...

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

Also this looks like single player Don't Starve, and should probably go into those forums instead of the DST forum, :p

In this case I think it's fine, since this doesn't have anything to do with either game's mechanics, just a color filter that (afaik) is identical between games. The DS forums are mostly dead, with the few remaining people* being... generally unpleasant. It's a shame, because I do prefer DS a lot, but this post got the same amount of replies here in an hour that it would've gotten over days in the DS forums.

* Not counting the ones who are active here too, just the ones who mainly stick to the DS forums.

Archived