KLEI SURVIVAL BUNDLE 2019

I was looking at the steam sale and asked myself why would Klei put a cosmetic microtransaction named "Don't Starve Together: Starter Pack 2019" in the Klei Survival Bundle alongside the games. It is probably good for people who wanted to buy it anyway but forces others who only wanted the games to buy a microtransaction with it. Which makes the Bundle Price much steeper than before. Microtransactions and games shouldnt be mixed together in my honest opinion.

Let's not be a boomer now, microtransactions are here to stay. No company would exclude them if they couldn't make a profit. People are willing to pay, and money talks. 

For a game like this, microtransactions are a benefit to us players and the company. The Gorge and Forge were barley able to break even and make a profit because of microtransactions. Us players are able to fuel content. Best of all? The microtransactions are mostly cosmetic, and you can weave characters as of now.

Most of us got the game for free anyhow, which compliments the in-game economy. Free exposure to the game, happy customer = purchase skins to reward Klei. If you don't like the microtransactions, one could ignore them.

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Let's not be a boomer now, microtransactions are here to stay. No company would exclude them if they couldn't make a profit. People are willing to pay, and money talks. 

For a game like this, microtransactions are a benefit to us players and the company. The Gorge and Forge were barley able to break even and make a profit because of microtransactions. Us players are able to fuel content. Best of all? The microtransactions are mostly cosmetic, and you can weave characters as of now.

Most of us got the game for free anyhow, which compliments the in-game economy. Free exposure to the game, happy customer = purchase skins to reward Klei. If you don't like the microtransactions, one could ignore them.

What are you talking about? Did you even read what i have written? I am not talking about microtransactions in general. That is absosutely fine as long as it is cosmetic. I am talking about the fact that it found its way inside a game bundle.

11 minutes ago, YumoS said:

What are you talking about? Did you even read what i have written? I am not talking about microtransactions in general. That is absosutely fine as long as it is cosmetic. I am talking about the fact that it found its way inside a game bundle.

It's not just cosmetic, it also has a new character. The cosmetics are free actually, the price increase was just the cost of the new character.

6 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

It's not just cosmetic, it also has a new character. The cosmetics are free actually, the price increase was just the cost of the new character.

i still think they shouldnt mix games with in game content and microtransactions together in a game bundle. they could make an extra bundle for the 2 new characters and the cosmetics. i was interested in grabbing the bundle because of the extra discount in the bundle.

Just now, YumoS said:

i still think they shouldnt mix games with in game content and microtransactions together in a game bundle. they could make an extra bundle for the 2 new characters and the cosmetics. i was interested in grabbing the bundle because of the extra discount in the bundle.

Well, a Megapack should include the DLC's, and all of these characters are DLC.

I most certainly did not get the game free lol I had to pay for it, not only did I have to pay for it.. but I didn’t get a quote “Free extra copy to give to a friend” so this means I’ve bought this game about 4x over, not to mention the friends I’ve also convinced to buy it as well

If DST suddenly started getting Actual microtransactions and paid loot boxes I’m pretty sure I would rage quit and stop playing it, I play this game BECAUSE it doesn’t Milk players wallets dry.. like most other games tend to do. :( 

Please do not even put that thought into Klei’s head! Cause Microtransactions & Paid Loot Boxes suck that’s why.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I most certainly did not get the game free lol I had to pay for it, not only did I have to pay for it.. but I didn’t get a quote “Free extra copy to give to a friend” so this means I’ve bought this game about 4x over, not to mention the friends I’ve also convinced to buy it as well

If DST suddenly started getting Actual microtransactions and paid loot boxes I’m pretty sure I would rage quit and stop playing it, I play this game BECAUSE it doesn’t Milk players wallets dry.. like most other games tend to do. :( 

Please do not even put that thought into Klei’s head! Cause Microtransactions & Paid Loot Boxes suck that’s why.

The game already has microtransactions, in this case cosmetics and for new characters. But i have a feeling people dont stay on topic here or even bother to understand my problem. They just see the word Microtransactions and talk about someting else. lol

Can you stop worshipping Klei and try to understand someone's else opinion? Why would a bunch of cosmetic items be present in the games+dlc bundle thus adding up to the total bundle price, even at a reduced cost? Surely you can buy stuff separately but then bundle discount won't apply and you'll probably pay more this way. That's what retail sellers would do, encourage you to buy unnecessary junk so you can get a bulk discount because otherwise you would be overpaying for stuff that you originally intended to buy. This is not nice.

I don't really see a problem?
The bundle is the singleplayer game + all DLCs (I think having Hamlet gives you Wormwood in Together?) + Don't Starve Together + Wurt + 3950 Spools (Enough to weave Wortox + 1250 to spare).

I see the Starter Pack 2019 as a way to get 2 characters, with one of them having a hefty discount and you even get almost 50% discount in the next character that will be released if you decide to weave them.

Edit: I can see this being a problem if someone who has Don't Starve Together and all released characters until now decided to buy it to get the singleplayer stuff, since steam would retract the price of DST but wouldn't retract the bundle price. Even then, it would still be worth it because of the 33% off the bundle gives.

the problem is that people now have to pay for some skins if they wish to get the survival bundle.

this is a problem for players who want all of klei's games, but dont want any cosmetic items, or in-game items. you cant choose not to buy the cosmetic items.

so you're paying for in-game stuff you can get for free by playing the game you love.

Archived