Unknown pulsing ambient noise

I never heard it before, its pulsing noise that varies in speed and the pitch, it happens on private, public, modded, unmodded servers and on every character. Not sure what is the source. Any ideas?

Here are videos, turn up the volume. In the night one the pulsing is slow and low, during day its very fast and more hearable due to higher pitch
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AunP5uMVljGY7kKrRpJcSGaZ8_Sn
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AunP5uMVljGY7kHqaqkP-JO1Cs6Y

You are not the only one, that's the summer ambiant sound like said.

And this not the only problem that far, even the smoldering sound is gone so if you have something that is about to burn, you better watch out.

At this point I just keep all the summer in caves, I don't want to loose all my sanity cause of these sounds... for real

I thought this was a bugged sound clip at first too, but now I wonder if it's supposed to be a summer warning system for items around you overheating and smoldering. It seems like the sound pulses get louder and more frequent as the surrounding items reach the point of smoldering, eventually setting fire.

1 minute ago, Orangex said:

I thought this was a bugged sound clip at first too, but now I wonder if it's supposed to be a summer warning system for items around you overheating and smoldering. It seems like the sound pulses get louder and more frequent as the surrounding items reach the point of smoldering, eventually setting fire.

it happens also on servers where smoldering is disabled

3 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

it happens also on servers where smoldering is disabled

After a quick test again, the pulses seem to change frequency and volume as you run through different biomes. Green turf biomes have the repeated 3 pulses, grass/straw turf has a single fast pulse and the dark green grass turf has a single slow pulse.

Perhaps this is just a sound bug after all.

2 hours ago, Orangex said:

After a quick test again, the pulses seem to change frequency and volume as you run through different biomes. Green turf biomes have the repeated 3 pulses, grass/straw turf has a single fast pulse and the dark green grass turf has a single slow pulse.

Perhaps this is just a sound bug after all.

or new ARG, similar to cyclum puzzle!?

• Developer

having a lot of trouble trying to find that sound friends, if you know of any other clues....
When you turn down any one of these settings which one makes the sound disappear?
does it happen when you have caves being used?
does it happen when your holding an item?

image.png

Its not a sound i'm recognizing. 

Archived