As the face of the Don't Starve games,Wilson is a bit lack luster. The only reason to play him is if your new,as most players tend to play more interesting characters. Is this a bad thing? No not at all. Wilson's purpose is to be noob friendly.
However I think there is more we can add,while not getting rid of his purpose.
He will not be getting any weaknesses as Wilson is meant to be appealing to newbies who don't fully understand the games mechanics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advantages

I would like to add 2 things to Wilson,to maybe push his relevancy just a tad.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engineering Science
Wilson can now create blueprints to share with his companions
Wilson can create blueprints by having a feather pencil in hand while the item and 1 papyrus are next to each other on the ground.
This works similar to labeling mini signs.
Wilson will get a sanity modifier of +3.33/min for 6 minutes after creating a blueprint (this effect does not stack)
Scientific knowledge
Wilson has immediate access to all science machine recipes.

This is a perk exclusive to Wickerbottom at the moment,but this perk makes no sense to not have on Wilson as he is a scientist
That's all I have for Wilson,as I don't think he needs to be changed too much.

23 hours ago, HonorableFool said:

Wilson has immediate access to all science machine recipes.

I don't see why people want to give this to Wilson. It would ruin Wickerbottam, and it doesn't even make sense for Wilson. Wilson is a scientist. He knows thing about physics and chemistry, not how to make a farm out of dung and grass. 

14 hours ago, Mooagain said:

I don't see why people want to give this to Wilson. It would ruin Wickerbottam, and it doesn't even make sense for Wilson. Wilson is a scientist. He knows thing about physics and chemistry, not how to make a farm out of dung and grass. 

that perk is really not that great to begin with,the reason why wicker is so good is her books

I think adding more stuff to Wilsons science tab (from the hallowed night) and make it his permanent perk would be neat and let people actually experiment with combining all kind of things that can occasionally explode on you if you get the combination wrong like in one of the cutscenes.

Im not sure if Id ever need Wilsons blueprints when to make the items i need the resources anyway and just need to stand by the science machine to unlock them...

Archived