Interesting thing about flares.

So, this is going to be short and simple. Litterally last night I was messing around in a new world and I realised Something interesting with one of the new items, the flare! This isn't really something useful but you could actually set up a basic timer with a flare! Just set up a basic trail of items, (if you remember the burn timer.)and if you burn the start of the trail it will eventually set the flare on fire and act as an alert system! I don't know much of a use for this but it's kinda neat we sort of have our first wired system. If anyone knows anything useful about this, please post it in the discussions here and tell us about it! I would love to know some uses about it.

Maybe you could use this as a poor mans forest fire detector? Stick it next to a lureplant (which has the highest priority for smoldering) and then if the flare goes off, run there with water balloons. 

This is probably super useless, unless you're right next to your base, but it might help some people.

11 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Maybe you could use this as a poor mans forest fire detector? Stick it next to a lureplant (which has the highest priority for smoldering) and then if the flare goes off, run there with water balloons. 

This is probably super useless, unless you're right next to your base, but it might help some people.

That.. could actually work! That way during the summer if something catches on fire. Everyone can be alarmed at base to hurry back to extinguish the flames.

3 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

That.. could actually work! That way during the summer if something catches on fire. Everyone can be alarmed at base to hurry back to extinguish the flames.

I guess it could be a good backup in case they can't find enough gears or SOMEONE eats them all or if the Ice flingo runs out of juice when nobody's home.

13 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

You know that nothing smolders when the place isn't loaded?

Some new player could passing through and smoldering everything and this system could alarm the normal players but yeah if it’s far, it just tell you you are manured.

Archived