Alatar Xarxes

Maxwell Rework (My Concept/Thoughts)

Recommended Posts

ADM    1,814

Well, this is the first time I hear of a Maxwell Refresh about upgrading the Codex. And as always I have to give my feeback on it cause Maxwell is love.

And unlike most of those, this one have a gread concept ! But I just don’t appreciate the set of perks the Codex gain for every upgrade.

Tier 1 (default) should stay the same as what we know. 

 

Tier 2 perk is just time saving for unlocking prototypes, i'd maybe rather like here an control upgrade over the shadows, like having the possibility to open/close the book to hide the shadows at a cost of nightmare fuel or sanity/hunger so they can stop working or stay safe when you have an emergency 

 

Tier 3 is actually very very good. I've always said he gets more shadow recipes, it will be way too strong, but using spells are awesome, he definitively need this.

also the fact that the book increase its power such as your character equipements is fantastic 

 

For the tier 4, the idea of a ultime spell is great but I'd suggest maybe a different one, maybe like a invulnerability cage like the Fuelweaver and shadow hands that mob can kill, in counter-balance you can't leave the area until they're all dead and they take damage over time (like max = 8min), just an idea that could be very impressive on an actual gameplay

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frashaw27    285

I teally like this idea. There is just 3 problem I have with it:

1) The tier 3 cost should be reduced at getting that much would take actual days of time dedicated to just that. Have it be like 40 for a full stack to where it takes time but not as much.

2) I feel that the ultimate skill is a little odd since I imagned this golem like creature that just has maxwell in the middle. You could instead have it to where it just envelops maxwell in the shadows and he just gains these benefits except for givong it other people, sort of like the living artifact from hamlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadowDigga    131
7 hours ago, Alatar Xarxes said:

The codex can then be picked up in the inventory and used like a weapon, knocking back enemies few tiles away and stunning them for few seconds due to Maxwell's insolence to slap them, giving Maxwell time to run away like a chicken.

I fixed it a bit.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ADM said:

Well, this is the first time I hear of a Maxwell Refresh about upgrading the Codex. And as always I have to give my feeback on it cause Maxwell is love.

And unlike most of those, this one have a gread concept ! But I just don’t appreciate the set of perks the Codex gain for every upgrade.

Tier 1 (default) should stay the same as what we know. 

 

Tier 2 perk is just time saving for unlocking prototypes, i'd maybe rather like here an control upgrade over the shadows, like having the possibility to open/close the book to hide the shadows at a cost of nightmare fuel or sanity/hunger so they can stop working or stay safe when you have an emergency 

 

Tier 3 is actually very very good. I've always said he gets more shadow recipes, it will be way too strong, but using spells are awesome, he definitively need this.

also the fact that the book increase its power such as your character equipements is fantastic 

 

For the tier 4, the idea of a ultime spell is great but I'd suggest maybe a different one, maybe like a invulnerability cage like the Fuelweaver and shadow hands that mob can kill, in counter-balance you can't leave the area until they're all dead and they take damage over time (like max = 8min), just an idea that could be very impressive on an actual gameplay

Yeah I understand what you mean with Tier 2, it does seem a bit underwhelming. I was thinking that perhaps on Tier 2 Maxwell could hold the codex in his hand and be given the ability "Transference". When clicking on an ally He drains his sanity and transfers it to the target ally at a rate of 5 per second. 

If we make Tier 2 the place you gain more control over the shadow puppets, Im all good with that! 

I'd also love him to get more crafting options from the codex tab. More spells/items/weapons would be great!

 

Oh i get you with Tier 4. That would be really cool actually. Shadows cage him and protect him and then several shadow hands spawn around  and lash out at mobs/enemies. Also love it!

3 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

I teally like this idea. There is just 3 problem I have with it:

1) The tier 3 cost should be reduced at getting that much would take actual days of time dedicated to just that. Have it be like 40 for a full stack to where it takes time but not as much.

2) I feel that the ultimate skill is a little odd since I imagned this golem like creature that just has maxwell in the middle. You could instead have it to where it just envelops maxwell in the shadows and he just gains these benefits except for givong it other people, sort of like the living artifact from hamlet.

Yeah I wasn't sure if that would be too much or not for Tier 3. But it did only take me about 20 minutes real time to farm 40 fuel, not days :p

 

Yeah that was the concept. He's in the middle of this shadow golem, incapacitated. You control the golem instead. ADM had a great idea above for the Tier 4 which I also like

3 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

I fixed it a bit.

Love it :D haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Russian Philin    7,034
6 hours ago, ADM said:

And as always I have to give my feeback on it cause Maxwell is love.

:wilson_sneaky:I agree with you!

It seems to me that the Codex itself is fine, but the shadow clones I wouldn't say that they are very good. But it seems to me that Maxwell needs more interaction with the fuel of horror, for example[Warning] 

Spoiler

For example, he will be able to smear this fuel yourself:wilson_sneaky::wilson_ecstatic:and restore health.

 

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Petit Citron    92
10 hours ago, Alatar Xarxes said:

Yeah I understand what you mean with Tier 2, it does seem a bit underwhelming. I was thinking that perhaps on Tier 2 Maxwell could hold the codex in his hand and be given the ability "Transference". When clicking on an ally He drains his sanity and transfers it to the target ally at a rate of 5 per second. 

I like that. I would suggest something similar :

Maxwell can exchange his sanity with the one of an ally, instantly. This can make him or his relatives insane or sane swiftly. Very powerful, but requires teamwork, and could provide insane combos (pun intended) with other characters who can play with their sanity or farm nightmare fuel (Wormood, Bernie! etc.)

He would be basicly the Wortox team Healer, for sanity.

However, sanity itself in DST should probably require to be more fearsome, when you're running out of it.

That skill could require a tool he would have to craft, with a durability, to balance things out.

I also like the concept of Codex Tiers (the book itself stays the same, it's more about Maxwell's comprehension of it which improves).

What I want to see with William is to keep walking further the dark magic path, not the ressource gathering one.

14 hours ago, ADM said:

Maxwell is love.

This does not require further explanation.

 

 

Edited by Petit Citron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now