Sign in to follow this  
SinancoTheBest

How can WereGoose be improved

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Finally to add in to the curse element and make normal woodie gameplay more different than a "Wilson with better axe", transformations should be forced by specific situations as someone said in forums, invading into the Woodie gameplay. For Goose, in order to emphasize the fast, fleeing concept behing Goose, it should be forced when Woodie's health is lowered below 20% by an attack

I really like this; Woodie's wereforms right now are almost entirely optional. I feel like klei made the wereforms not to great because Woodie himself doesn't have many drawbacks. (Also the idols are dirt cheap aside from the health cost.) I also agree with goose running faster with WX because, unlike WX, the goose cannot pick, craft, or interact with anything in the world. If its going to do only one thing, it should do it right.

• Like 2

SinancoTheBest    707
5 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Q: "How can WereGoose be improved?"

A: The secret lies in the garnishing! :eagerness:

improved-goose.jpg.dac45e482b57f5b472095e81009e5a41.jpg

I see Warly entered the chat ^^ Wonder if he thinkers what he can prepare with Woodie's wereforms :p

• Haha 2

Ogrecakes    1,061

On top of the fantastic changes Klei made in their latest hotfix, adding changes like you're 20% health suggestion for the goose, re implementing the Werebeavers transformation mechanic when chopping trees, and maybe forcing the moose transformation when killing too many creatures are potentially great ways of giving Woodie a proper downside.

• Like 3

maciu67    225
1 hour ago, Canis said:

So, mission success?

Only the deadly loss of hunger will be changed and the mission will be completed.

maciu67    225
8 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

That's the only downside left, no need to remove that too.

It is enough that after transformation Woodie would have 10 hunger points.

Fill-Lips    262
Just now, maciu67 said:

Just keep food on ya, simple enough, downside averted!

• Like 3

Ezaroth    751
Just now, maciu67 said:

No big deal, you already took damage from eating the idol, a few more won't hurt.

• Like 1

maciu67    225
12 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

No big deal, you already took damage from eating the idol, a few more won't hurt.

If you fight as a weremoose and you have 1 health point, believe me it will hurt you.

Edited by maciu67

maciu67    225
32 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Its part of the new con, you can't play to go berserk all in and fight until you are at 5 hp. If you notice you are getting too much damage as the moose, you have to use the charge to retreat and go back to Woodie

But now Woodie is only character who must receive damage. Loss of hunger gives him that.

Best lumberjack

Maxwell is better

• An awesome miner too
  • Best explorer of the game

True

Best early game fighter (moose), one of the best spiders, bees, grumble bees and hounds killer (the charge of the moose) and as long as you have a bundle with a bunch of jerky and moose idols (which are both super cheap to stockpile), you can now go around naked and still be always fight ready in the late game.

Abigail is still better

No more buffs to woodie required, in my opinion, we will even start getting videos of his exploits really soon, asking for a nerf I'm sure xD

That's funny. Before update Weregoose was useless and now It is too powerful.

Edited by maciu67
  • Like 1

Ezaroth    751
2 hours ago, maciu67 said:

That's funny. Before update Weregoose was useless and now It is too powerful.

because they added not 1, not 2, but 7 buffs in the update.

Like mentioned before, Woodie is now a jack of all trades. No point in comparing him with other characters.

• Thanks 2

ShadowDuelist    3,467

Woodie is now a true druid at heart: can switch roles on a finch being much better than average at them,  at the cost of not being the best.

He also has a few unique perks like walking on water, bonus summoning treeguards, and the permanent nightvision.

And the best of all, you don't have to grind that much to use him right.

• Like 2