Woodie Goose Replacement idea

Ive read the forums a little and from what ive seen, most people are underwhelmed with the goose form and not find it that useful.

I also read other people's ideas and made up my own what form could replace it and make it a more worthwhile transformation.

The wereplatypus

It could have a very similar siluette as the werebeaver. It's usefulness would lie in fast swimming. It could also have a water meter, where if you are near to water you have an option to suck up the water and fill your bar. Now when the bar is filled you get a ranged water spit attack and if you swimming in water ofc it automaticly fills up. So the form would be both land and water centered but it would mostly shine in water. Also it could make woodie easier to cross water without having to build a ship.

Just now, maciu67 said:

Character who can travel between forests and cavest at any time will be really molbile.

Thats true, and im also pretty sure they could make a cool design for it. But you need to take into account the loading time traveling from surface to cave. And it might f up a server with many werewoodies traveling back and forth constantly.

1 minute ago, Beardy Wilson said:

Thats true, and im also pretty sure they could make a cool design for it. But you need to take into account the loading time traveling from surface to cave. And it might f up a server with many werewoodies traveling back and forth constantly.

And this is the reason why they won't add him this perk. But moving underground avoiding the aggression of creatures can be good.

The goose being underwhelming isn't because of its design. It's just because of the numbers.

The transformation only lasts a MINUTE if you constantly run. And if you don't want to accidentally turn into a beaver or moose instead, you'd probably want to use an idol, which reduces your health by 30. So you either use 30 health to go fast for a minute, or gamble with 2 monster meat (cost of which varies, but the best you can get is -6 health -10 sanity from jerky).

I don't see why they'd need to REPLACE the goose. That's kind of extreme. I love the goose, I just think the duration needs to be (at LEAST) doubled and maybe its speed could be a little higher (though I don't think that's necessary.) I don't see why it's necessary for it to swim or fly...

10 hours ago, Beardy Wilson said:

The wereplatypus

Come on, now. There's things that need to be changed about Woodie, but the creatures he turns into are not one of them. It would be such a waste to throw out such an iconic Canadian creature and replace it with something from Australia. Woodie's rework, in my opinion, is the one that feels the most complete thematically, and I really do not understand swapping out one of the creatures for a platypus.

canadian-coins.png

Just look at Canadian coins. There's a beaver, a moose, a goose, and a polar bear. This idea is proposing that, instead of Woodie's wereforms being thematically linked by Canada, like Woodie's entire character is based around, they should just be animals that... sound cool, I guess??

2 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Come on, now. There's things that need to be changed about Woodie, but the creatures he turns into are not one of them. It would be such a waste to throw out such an iconic Canadian creature and replace it with something from Australia. Woodie's rework, in my opinion, is the one that feels the most complete thematically, and I really do not understand swapping out one of the creatures for a platypus.

canadian-coins.png

Just look at Canadian coins. There's a beaver, a moose, a goose, and a polar bear. This idea is proposing that, instead of Woodie's wereforms being thematically linked by Canada, like Woodie's entire character is based around, they should just be animals that... sound cool, I guess??

How the hell is a goose an iconic canadian animal? I guess its there too, but it doesn't make it iconic does it? But i get what you mean.

Archived