Will reworked characters have new abilities in The Forge/Gorge?

Although we have no idea if/when The Forge will come back, I think this is a valid question.  In the Forge Mod many people come after every character rework, saying things like "I wonder what changed about willow after her rework", even though nothing has changed.  This begs the question, will those characters change?  Many characters need rebalancing (especially willow and woodie, ironically) and reworked characters present a reason for devs to potentially tweak characters.

Characters such as Wendy and Wes are so unbalanced people get kicked from lobby and bullied just for picking them.  I think that it can be agreed upon that The Forge definitely needs to be rebalanced.  This problem also applies to The Gorge, but it was less successful and its meta wasn't nearly as unbalanced as The Forge, which is why I haven't mentioned it.

The reason I made this was to get other people's opinions and ideas on changing abilities.  Feel free to also leave thoughts on DLC characters in these modes, as they fall into a similar boat.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

I can See Warly on a unique buffer role like Wigfrit is: maybe not on direct combat sense but it'd be good if he could provide additional support through buffs

I know I'm a few weeks late but I really like that idea.  Wigfrid is a very high skill character, as you need to know whe  to use what weapon and where to position yourself.  Having another support character could change the normal and speedrun meta, since they could also indirectly buff other characters.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, cantbeatdaboss said:

Although we have no idea if/when The Forge will come back, I think this is a valid question.

We actually know that they won’t come back, so the if is “no” and the when is “never.”

Klei was very clear that the events took a lot more time than they expected and they barely broke even with the cost of hosting servers.

I mean no offense but it isn’t a valid question at this point.

Archived