Game incomplete but launched

Sorry for my English. Thank you for reading.

Good Morning.
I would like to ask the developers. Why have they launched the game with so many unfinished sections?
Have you got tired of developing the game?
Why have you reduced the difficulty so much?
Why have germs and diseases become useless?
There are many completely useless buildings.

Hhy they talk about DLC if it's not finished?

I'm disappointed

the game was launched because it is playable from start to finish, even though more could have been done the minimal requirements (maybe more) have been met.

they did not get tired, they will make dlc and whatnot in the future

difficulty is maybe reduced, but as most players cant finish the game even on easiest difficulty this whole question is debatable. Mods will get you more difficulty should you want more. 

germs arent useless but previously battling germs required good knowledge of the game, this isnt the case for most users, and for these casual players these changes are much appreciated. Mods will develop around germ and disease mechanics to have options to make it more difficult for you.

I dont know of many useless buildings, please elaborate - i will give you an example for each and every one of them that highlights when and why they are nice to have.

I hope I could help, i hope you take this in a positive manner, if you feel the urge to lash back please dont, it will be pointless.

Yes, the game in it actual state is not perfect. But you have to remember it's an indy game that only cost 20$ which give us a huge content (thousand hours).

A new player will have a lot to learn before considering the problems you point. An given, Klei is still working hard to improve the game, there's no problem.

Considering the EA status, Klei consider the game is enough good to be on a launch version.

1 hour ago, Chachaland said:

Why have they launched the game with so many unfinished sections?

They had a set month for launch and didn`t want to push it further. Still it`s possible they finish some of the stuff.

Have you got tired of developing the game?

Don`t ask questions like this if you want serious answers, just saying.

Why have you reduced the difficulty so much?

Feedback from new players. It`s hard to tune difficulty for everybody. They went with different asteroids having different difficulty.

Why have germs and diseases become useless?

The system got an overhaul and they overcompensated for the ease dupes can get infected. Personally i hope it gets a bit balancing to the harder side eventually.

There are many completely useless buildings.

Like what? Ore scrubber maybe. Some buildings are useless if you don`t have certain biomes, like the desalinator if you doin`t have a tidal biome or rust deoxydizer when you have no rust biome, or algae distiller if there`s  no swamp biome.

Hhy they talk about DLC if it's not finished?

Game just launched recently. Why would they talk about dlc? They only confirmed a while ago they will start developing it once the game is done, nothing more. They will still fix bugs and work on the game. Most pressing are the lag issues atm it seems.

Thank you for your answers. I really love this game. 
I have approximately 800 hours. This game is very cheap.
Some buildings are necessary and essential, but others are useless and can worsen the experience of new players. For example. showers, ore scrubber, Medicinal buildings...

Thanks again for reading and for sharing your experience in this game.

19 minutes ago, Chachaland said:

Thank you for your answers. I really love this game. 
I have approximately 800 hours. This game is very cheap.
Some buildings are necessary and essential, but others are useless and can worsen the experience of new players. For example. showers, ore scrubber, Medicinal buildings...

Thanks again for reading and for sharing your experience in this game.

showers are good early game morale boost (+3) if you play on hard difficulty it might come handy before you can switch to burgers or boost the decor.

Ore scrubbers (if you have access to enough chlorine, for example from a geyser) can be used to completely clean germs off of material you acquire from a slime biome. You put like 4-5 of this in row and only allow access to the biome for 1-2 duplicant at a time (for example with atmo suit dock). This will effectively make any gold amalgam, algae etc. safe. If you are running low on oxygen an infection can kill a dupe by deadlocking into a state of wheezing and stress reaction, making the dupe unable to take food and starve to death. If you keep oxygen good in your base there wont be a problem, but anyways, if you stretch yourself on a difficult map, you might have to use the scrubbers;)

I use the medicinal buildings to cure dupes of disease, or heal them up if they get damage. They are useful buildings. 

• Ore scrubber was useful before and might get useful again if they boost the germs.
  • Showers used to be my first upgrade on any base, I really struggled with morale before. Ever since the skill rework the showers really got useless IMO.
  • Medical buildings are useless too if your dupes never get sick.

What I'm saying is the game became a bit too easy for a knowledgeable player. Skill/morale and germ revamps greatly overnerfed some challenges in the game and made some buildings (nearly) useless. I completely ignore germs now. In the morale department, I've never built a shower during 500 cycles of my last base. Also, 1 shift breaks. Also, I don't even have a grill. Exactly 1 massage table that is being used once in two cycles. All dupes trained in suit wearing. About 10% max stress. I'm playing all new bases on the max morale difficulty now, it's not even funny.

Game for 20$ and around i played already 1000hours - honestly? It would be nice to see all those things to be fixes but still the value you exchange 1hr/$ even if this would be just 500 hours of active playing is really impressive. There are really few games that have similar or equal ratio to this.  

2 hours ago, ONIfreak said:

Game for 20$ and around i played already 1000hours - honestly? It would be nice to see all those things to be fixes but still the value you exchange 1hr/$ even if this would be just 500 hours of active playing is really impressive. There are really few games that have similar or equal ratio to this.  

Completely agree. It is extremely rare to get this much value for money today.

I was disappointed with the sudden withdraw/nerf of several updates (outbreak and jobs) the streamlining was needed, but it greatly reduced difficulty. I agree with most people that the game is complete, perhaps not finished though. 

I hope this game gets the legendary "don't starve" support that I've loved in the past. It's been a fun ride, and I hope for more.

As one who's played the game since early beta, I wonder how much playtime a new user would get. In E.A. every new update felt like a new game. Now that it's stable I wonder what the average player would get from it.

I am pretty sure that factorio still claims that they are in alpha even though it has been around for many years now. And developers are like "we need to think about how the final product will look like". I saying that oni is complete means that klei will stop adding new features than I am on the camp that the game is not complete :D otherwise, does not matter what the game is called. 

The germ and moral system isn't balanced very greatly at the moment, it's fairly easy to entirely negate stress, and pushing the skills to a level where it'll stress the dupes out isn't a thing that happens often since there's only a handful of necessary skills. The amount of flat stress boosts that you can gain also kind of makes the morale system weird, since floral scent and the other boosts can kind of break the morale drain cap, or slow it down to a point where you can fix it quickly.

I believe the germs were pretty good as they were, they just needed a little love. I agree with the decision to remove the immune systems since they were very powerful. However, I really don't like the approach they took with balancing them. They made food poisoning a good thing since all it does now is make them pee more, and make them look sad, vomiting just doesn't happen anymore, and is even advertised in one of the shorts. Slimelung is just kind of there as well, you won't be penalized at all for just waiting it out. All you need to do is place down a few deodorizers and wait a dozen cycles in case of an outbreak, there's no need for the medical aspect of it. I also believe that Zombie Spores were never finished, there's rumor of assets pertaining to the illness that would have made it a more interesting beast to tackle, however that's just speculation. As of now, the illness is nearly impossible to get since you'd need to go into an oil biome without a suit on, and the germs don't spread upward fast enough to cause it to come up into your base. The illness is also a flat debuff to all a duplicants stats, reducing ten points for each skill, this effect is pretty contrary and boring compared to the name since I'd imagine a new player would think it's a super scary illness that must be prevented at all costs. The ore scrubbers use is pretty limited as well since the only thing you'd ever use it on is slime, and at that point, it's better to just switch to an electrolyzer, but the option is nice. I'd just like more if Zombie Spores infected ore rapidly and causing them to get sick if they walked on or touched something made of it, this would bring a whole new aspect to disinfecting minerals. I also think at least giving a death penalty to Zombie Spores would be fair enough, considering it's supposed to be the scary late game illness.

Overall, I don't want to sound like I'm blindly attacking their decisions, and I still love this game and Klei a lot, I just really don't agree with the design choices made in QOL MK III

17 hours ago, Squeegee said:

I also believe that Zombie Spores were never finished, there's rumor ofa assetspertaining to the illness that would have made it a more interesting beast to tackle, however that's just speculation. As of now, the illness is nearly impossible to get since you'd need to go into an oil biome without a suit on, and the germs don't spread upward fast enough to cause it to come up into your base.

Freaking pips can spread em. I slaughtered them all soon after. Hard desease to deal with depending on where they get planted.

Archived