Aquarium with population increase for up to 15.000 pacu

After reading about possible idea for what we could do with the gravitas, I settled for an aquarium.

So here are some facts:

• Able to deal with 15.000 pacu.
    • [Limited by the conveyor chut, but the build could "easily"(it would take double the cooling infrastructure^^) support 30.000 pacu.]
  • Increases it´s population by 8 pacu over 100 cycles for a total of 300kg algae. [I feed precisely 3 kg algae each cycle.]
    • The clock sensors which control my feeding tank are set to 0,8%. [Even 0,9% allows the sweeper to start a 2. action and drop some algae.]
  • A switch for a low fps mode.[The switch on top changes if the pacu eggs get delivered to a single tile of liquid or the big aquarium.]

pacu1.thumb.png.3dc83c72f2d6e476c73b33b44e66a5f5.png

Spoiler

If you want to see how it works:

ship1.thumb.png.bf02563e7f2d7065f1a7b74c750c152d.png

priority3.thumb.png.1ef573a70d91c1fc36438b75462c29f5.png

The autosweeper and door positioning is important and it´s about which sweeper can reach which loader(/or other building):

• The 3 conveyor loaders from left to right are eggs(5),pacu fillet(4) and egg shells (3).
  • The incubator should be set to at least priority 6. [Here 7 to account for an other farm.]
  • The 2 conveyor loaders in the "feeding" tank from left to right are polluted dirt(3) and everything(4)
  • The conveyor loader at the entrance of the gravitas is for algae.
    • [After the loader and the rails are completely filled you can turn off manual access cause it takes 420cycles before you would need to refill.]
  • The conveyor loaders inside the auqaurium are set to take all pacu related resources.

PS: The door on the left of the incubator is automated by the critter sensor to only allow access if no fish is in the feeding tank.

(And the only pneumatic door set to auto (the one left of the compost) only allows duplicants to pass from left to right.)

Now here comes the scary part about cooling the aquarium down to a range of 10-25°C (to keep all pacu morphs alive):

Spoiler

Pacu spawn at 30°C and Gulp fish die at 25°C.

=> We need to cool the aqaurium to keep gulp fish alive. (We want a slow population increase till we hit 15.000 and never a decrease.)

Our system is limited by the conveyor chute, which can only handle one egg each second, so in 25 cycles we can only process 15.000 eggs.

=> We need a cooling solution which could support up to 15.000 pacu.

tuner1.thumb.png.fd2f34b6c92b9d499ec499d3cae3bbbe.png

Yes that are 3 aquatuners fed with super coolant just for my little aquarium and for 15.000 pacu all 3 have to run full time.

Maybe I should have settled for an own spot of liquid just for my gulp fish^^

Here is a small improvement concerning the cooling of the little spot of liquid:

I asume we reached 15 000 pacu, so we hatch a pacu every second.

If we asume we started with 15 000 "standart" pacu, the average temperature of a spawned pacu should be 29,65°C.

=> We would need to remove roughly 3,25 M DTU/s if our goal is just to reach 24,95°C.

Most of the time there shoulnd´t be a good use for the siphoned heat. [A steam turbine is still power negative and therefor not a good use.]

We only need to keep the gulp fish from overheating, which doesn´t mean we have to cool all pacu down.

The pacu only exchange temperature with the liquid they are swiming in, so if I choose a less conductive liquid I would need to remove less heat.

So I settled for a good solution:

Spoiler
ethanol.png.6cbdfedff2ec4b763a8604a092cd2155.png

Man....

I have no words to describe how amazed I am by this project. It is clear, functional, legit and looks outstanding!

I had no idea hatching Pacus could transfer that much heat. Or did I? The scale is insane! :D

Finally a good use for Gravitas facility! Good you shared your work with the world, it's a masterpíece!

You truely inspired me to keep working on the projects that require an insane amount of effort invested in! Thank you!

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:
    • [Limited by the conveyor chut, but the build could "easily"(it would take double the cooling infrastructure^^) support 30.000 pacu.]

I assume this is the european style of numbering and you don't mean '15' and '30' pacu.  In any case, I'm almost certain the game will become a slideshow well before you hit 15k pacu.

2 hours ago, cblack said:
4 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I assume this is the european style of numbering and you don't mean '15' and '30' pacu.  In any case, I'm almost certain the game will become a slideshow well before you hit 15k pacu.

In low fps mode my pacu show no navigation and don´t move at all^^ [Except the pacu in the feeding tank]

=> I did some testing with close to 1000 pacu without a noticeable fps drop (we could argue if I lost 1 fps or if it´s the normal fluctuation)

Archived