Turn of Tides

Behind the words "Turn of Tides".
in real life,the moon control the ocean tides, this is why Turn of Tides is about moon and ocean.

Enlightenment
or known as Lunacy, everytime when you step on lunar island your sanity replaced with Lunacy. in real life, the full moon believed induced insanity in susceptible individuals, believing that the brain, which is mostly water, must be affected by the moon. this where Enlightenment mechanic come from.

Glommer
every full moon, Glommer come to the Glommer's Statue. this cute fuzzy creature has sanity aura, but. Glommer actually a reference of Rom, The Vaccous Spider from Bloodborne. she controls the barrier that prevents normal Yharnamites from seeing the true horrors around them, much like Glommer that has sanity aura to prevent survivor from being insane. spiders also won't attack Glommer also about this reference cause Rom was a spider. to reach Rom, the Hunter must jump into the moon reflection in a lake which is why Glommer come in full moon.
Rom the Vacuous Spider
image.thumb.png.bdd90ed1a4881dea20bff7c436bb0c85.png

Moon Moth
Moon Moth is a reference of Luna Moth which can be found in North America, all Moon Moth appearance use female variant of Luna Moth
Luna Moth
image.png.061cc72a94baf3b028304263f73ce2f8.png

3 hours ago, Yukanur said:

Rom the Vacuous Spider
image.thumb.png.bdd90ed1a4881dea20bff7c436bb0c85.png

I love the Bloodborne parallels here. "As you once did for the vacuous Rom... grant us eyes, grant us eyes!" *weird howling noises* 

Them residing the Moon and being the culprits of everyone's misfortune also reminds me of the Moon Presence in Bloodborne being the true culprit to all the trouble.

Thus I suggest that the characters must ascend to otherwordly forms of existence to even harm Them lest they fall under Their spell, if circumstances arise.

42 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

glommer is not a reference to anything from bloodborne... glommer was a thing over a year before bloodborne was ever released.

Well, then, let me correct my statement; we are drawing parallels to Bloodborne here, not direct references. Thanks for clarifying!

Archived