Can people explain to me how to wrangle slicksters?

3 minutes ago, Loscil2 said:

Enclose them in a room of less than 96 tiles -> place a Critter Drop-off and Grooming Station -> Set the drop off to slicksters and set the slider to 0 -> enjoy seeing slicksters all tied up.

The problem is that I'm just trying to move them from my mushroom farms to a new crude oil farm so it's not out of masochistic pleasure.:wilson_ecstatic:

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

That helps me understand that feature.

@Loscil2 above posted how to do it.  I didn't feel the need to repeat it.  But, since you asked...

Basically you make a room around the slicksters that you want to move.  Inside, you build a critter drop-off and set it to 'auto wrangle surplus,' set the critters to slicksters, and the quantity to zero.  Where you want the slicksters, you put another critter drop off, set the critters to 'slicksters' and the quantity to max.  You'll want to do this in a room, since critters other than the ones you've selected will be counted.  Anyway, as long as there are critters where you don't want them, your rancher will tie 'em up with string, and your suppliers will carry 'em to the correct drop-off.

7 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

They also have a tendency to melt in the oil biome where slicksters live.

I think they increased the melting point of plastic some time ago beacause of that. It shuld be around 190oC now iirc. Enough for oil biome but still troublesome if you want to catch shove voles.

Am I doing something wrong? I could have sworn this was the same for shinebugs, but I don't appear to be wrangling any out of my egg storage room.

Actually, I have a separate room with tame shinebugs that are wrangled just fine. Does this only work for tame non-baby critters?

2 hours ago, Loscil2 said:

You can now wrangle shove voles. I know cause I would wrangle them an exterminate them. All of them.

Hard to wrangle them when they stay underground. Setting a trap lets you catch it without needing a dupe there. Just need to make sure it won`t touch the hot regolith.

2 hours ago, Red Shark said:

Hmm. Did you mean auto-wrangle?

(I did have to write a mod to enable manual wrangling on Shine Bugs...)

5d599d16c7007_WrangledBaby.thumb.png.860550068ab093eeffce10c7bad3766b.png

Dat picture... and...  DAT TOOLTIP... :(

THIS IS HORRIBLE! SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE!

Archived