Slime on Terra

Slimelung isn't lethal. It just gives an annoying debuff that you can treat with proper hospital and doctor. Pretty smooth, nothing to worry about.

I think the starting biome could be surrounded by the caustic biome as well. You can use this site to find yourself a seed that pleases you without the hassle of generating worlds and picking the starting crew: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser

Other asteroids condense most of the new stuff: new biomes, materials and critters. Arboria and Verdante are good ones to check out what is new without increasing the difficulty too much.

If you're completely surrounded that's unlucky, but there has always been slime in most directions. As said slimelung has been nerfed a great deal. It's not super deadly anymore :(

Put some deoderizers in the polluted oxygen. That will create a high pressure oxygen area. And the oxygen kills slimelung in the air. For the slime itself you can store it in a chlorine room to kill the slimlung relatively quickly. Either carry the slime to a caustic biome or remove some chlorine with the canister bottler and make a small storage room that's only accessed from the top.

You really don't need to worry about Slimelung too much these days. Just be a bit careful about how you enter a slime biome.

I tend to look for an entrance with resources that have no germs...you will usually find that the pockets of PO2 have no germs...they only get germs once you start digging up germy Slime.

So, I make an entrance point. Dupes have to exit via two Ore Scrubbers followed by a couple of sinks. I make sure only two Dupes can enter initially, to make sure the Scrubbers and Sinks aren't skipped. The entrance is one tile wide initially, and place a couple of Deodorizers at the entrance...once I'm in a start spamming Deodorizers.

Make sure you've set up Slime storage in a puddle of water somewhere...high priority.

Once you start digging that Slime will get delivered to the Storage after going through the Scrubbers, and the water will prevent PO2 off-gassing.

Basically, don't be scared, just be careful with how you approach the biome. Once it's pretty clean down there, you're free to start developing without fear, and it really doesn't take too long to clean a Swamp biome.

You could also put a water-lock between your starting biome and the swamp biome...I used to do that before I realized that really, it was unnecessary if you approach the breach with caution. 

Mhhhh. Slime you must not fear padawan. Fear, to the dark side it leads, mhhh..

Hahah

Now seriously. Force your way through the slime...haha force..ok, back on track...dig through to caustic biome and get balm lilies for slimelung medicine 

Plant buddy buds at the gate to base, bc floral scent will keep slimelung germs away

Use deodoriser. No biggie. Have fun :)

I continue to play as if slimelung were a serious threat, rather than just accepting infections. So far I've found that I can send Dupes out in spacesuits to clear out the slime, and let any residual germs die out on oxygen before I expand into a slime area. So far it's been OK.

Floral Scent is a pretty good way to clean out the last bits of airborne slimelung.

On Terra asteroids, there are only 2 biomes on the first "proximity ring" to the Starter Biome.  Slime, and Caustic.  However, the map generator seems to have a thing for Slime, and as such, Terra maps I generate are always 50% or more surrounded by Slime.

Outside of that first "proximity ring", the Ice Biome and Salt Water Biome are added to the options.

It's the same on Verdante, sometimes you just get a complete ring of swamp around you, being annoying with polluted water and germs everywhere.

If you want to play without it, play Arboria, but do realize you'll be struggling for gold (only available by going to the surface). You'll also have warm slime replaced by frozen rust, polluted water replaced with ethanol, and some nice dreckos to save from being cold and hungry.

Archived