Has anyone noticed that Attribute Levels for ranchers have not increased?

20 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I found that my rancher had not improved by one level in 100 cycles

Known issue. The only thing that increases ranching (husbandry now?) skill is hugging the incubators and that takes pretty much no time so gives minimal skill experience. 

Whether you need to incubate eggs or not, set up a few incubators per rancher and let them go to town.

Slow leveling but the level bonus is quite strong. Worth it, absolutely. A level 20 rancher's grooming lasts 2 extra cycles over the base (1cycle). 66% fewer errands.

6 minutes ago, Lafara said:

Cook, Doctor, Construction also not improving.

Why do I sometimes see the attribute of Cook and Construction improve?

Is there a part of the job that can improve these abilities?

17 minutes ago, Lafara said:

Cook, Doctor, Construction also not improving.

I believe they do.
Construction impoves and always has.
I'm almost certain cooking was fixed and now provides cook experience and not machinery experience.
Doctoring I think improves, not 100% sure though. It's just a job that is rarely required i think so it levels up slowly

46 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Known issue. The only thing that increases ranching (husbandry now?) skill is hugging the incubators and that takes pretty much no time so gives minimal skill experience. 

I only wish klei said something official about it. Everything about ranching seems a bit subpar to me.
Not saying it sucks, it works yes, but it has so many unnecessary issues!

8 minutes ago, suxkar said:

I only wish klei said something official about it. Everything about ranching seems a bit subpar to me.
Not saying it sucks, it works yes, but it has so many unnecessary issues!

Honestly, it's probably just low priority. Not getting experience for grooming critters doesn't compare to the matter duplication bugs that they seem to have finally squished in the run up to launch. I'm sure they'll fix it sooner than later. 

Edit: Yep. Known issue. Here's a bug report from April. 

Ranching is at least twice as good in launch as compared to QoL because of the new skill bonus. Actually maybe even orders better thanks to the new glum behaviors -at least most critters can lay 1 egg in their lifetime now even when left hungry & glum.

If you haven't tried lately it's worth a try. 1 rancher can easily process many times more raw materials / or produce as much more meat compared to QoL.

Archived