Self Sustaining Steam Turbine Complex

Using the percentage based bypass pump (not an exploit), together with the NRGFREE-freezer automation bug/exploit that allows infinite power consumption, here is a new SSST (self sustaining steam turbine, thanks @tzionut), in a gigantic complex. I'll call it the SSSTC, or the SSST MkII. Each turbine provides roughly 250-275W, and the current only cost is the aquatuner. 

silly-steam-1.thumb.png.1172b99f7f20d40793e417893646fe37.png

How it works:

• The tepidizers vaporize incoming liquid and raise their temp to around 124.5C even after save/reload. No temp control is needed as the game caps their heating at 125C.
  • This 124C steam is pumped upwards to the aquatuner to be pushed above 125C. 
  • A 10kg/s line from one of the output feeds goes through the aquatuner. It moves extra heat to the 124C steam (pushing the temp above 126C).
  • A liquid valve after the turbine deposits 0.1 g/s of water to enable the bypass pump (or jebaitor).  Interesting enough, you can use 0.1 g/s of water to enable the bypass pump to work even though the water instantly turns to steam.

bypass-water-steam.png.67c35a28c24c3b3e8845edc6191bd93c.png

Liquid, power, and automation in the spoilers. 

Spoiler

Probably way too many radiant pipes, but the hydrogen stays around 98.5C.

silly-steam-3.thumb.png.c0759298e38ee02a829b445cd4d1f987.png

The batteries are not needed. Feel free to swap them out for transformers to push the power wherever you want. 

silly-steam-2.thumb.png.788ad8dacc185f4d2ece79ea4c36fc75.png

The automation is simple. The temp sensor in the upper left is to keep all the turbines off till the upper furtherst chambers reach operating temp. It isn't needed after this starts. 

silly-steam-4.thumb.png.38067f52a0cd027869a44ca21064e3e8.png

Currently i have an average of 80kg steam per open tile. Better placement, and more space for steam to move about, may reduce this amount. The top edge turbines are a little above 15kg in pressure and the temp is about 126.7, and rising.

There is more potential for more turbines. I just stopped at the above, and wanted to share.  If the devs fix the automation glitch on the tepidizers, this won't be as power productive (as you have to pay some power for the tepidizer). However, it will still work with a pulsed tepidizer. The point is that you can use the tepidizer to get close to 125C, and then the aquatuner to tip the scale. 

I'd really rather the devs just make tepidizers work up to their overheat temperatures, but make them not so power efficient that they could run steam turbines. That'd be the ultimate way to fix this and make tepidizers actually useful outside of free energy exploits.

I knew we could count on you to make another practically free NRG machine with the steam turbines.

But where do the NRG-Free freezers come in?

Is the bead pump necessary?  Why not just eliminate the box around the tepidizers? (or maybe just put a one-tile-high dam around the base of the tepidizers?)

If the H2 stabilizes at 98.5 then it would be risky to reduce the radiant pipe use wouldn't it?  Are they gold?

Just now, Sigma Cypher said:

But where do the NRG-Free freezers come in?

The freezer post was about a power glitch when you rapidly toggle a power shutoff. The fridge acts normally.

2 minutes ago, Sigma Cypher said:

Is the bead pump necessary?

The bypass pump (not bead pump) thermally isolates the cool steam from the hot steam. What you want is to let the tepidizer do almost all the heating. I'm sure there are other builds but this was very simple.

4 minutes ago, Sigma Cypher said:

If the H2 stabilizes at 98.5 then it would be risky to reduce the radiant pipe use wouldn't it?  Are they gold?

I think copper as I was too lazy to change anything.

21 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

They would also need to make sure they don't trivialize the oil to natural gas loop which provides way more power.

Doesn't the extreme cold needed to condense sour gas into methane alone make it non-trivial? There's always been pools of magma around, and sometimes even volcanoes scattered about, to provide intense heat. While I suppose you could use an AETN for that step, not every map has those and it's a very slim temperature margin.

44 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

They would also need to make sure they don't trivialize the oil to natural gas loop which provides way more power.

Is there really any need to worry about it? The cooling aspect is just as important as heating the oil up in the first place, so a tepidizer only does half the job. Hot petrol destroys most things, and extra heat in the system only makes the sourgas => methane step more painful.

If a player really wants to spend their precious niobium/thermium to get some useless way too hot petrol, more power to them.

Archived