Are They Gonna Release RoT Ever?

2 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

Yes, I agree, but I think the development of OnI is not over yet.

On 18. 3. 2019 at 10:35 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

After we've officially launched, we will continue to make quality of life improvements and bug fixes, while the bulk of the team will be moving on to building DLC for the game, where we can explore further ideas and expansions to ONI's world.

I made a mistake, apparently the ONI team won't be split and move onto the two games.

I just hope that they're done giving dates on stuff; better off giving a general roadmap of what's coming, then surprising us a few days before it's set to come out. These delays are quite the hype-killers. Already hard to find people IRL who're interested in games, much less games like this. It doesn't help when the conversation about updates goes something like "Well, they might update when they said they would...possibly. Well, the previous updates have taken increasingly longer amounts of time than the initial announcement said, they haven't actually managed to release anything on time in a good while...yea, uh, I don't know?"

I mean, I get why delays happen. But...that's kinda a normal part of development? Planning for the worst and all that. Giving a significant amount more time than needed to work those things out.
I used to do release-day servers where a bunch of new players would gather, when updates hit for games like Terraria or Minecraft. That's impossible with this game. Which I guess is fine; different games, different teams and all that.
But...
The bait and switch isn't good for anyone. It's definitely not helping public image, and it's not helping convince new players to try the game, or to stick with it.

Please, just stay away from dates in the future. It's not working.

Problem is they gave a date for release to main, and since then the game has been broken every patch.

You cant even play in caves right now it will crash your game if you get worms.

Probably another 1-2 months until they are releasing the base RoT to main i would guess

btw theres a reason why devs dont usually give dates

btw when a beta is unplayable to the majority of players like it has been every patch it slows down even more progress.

those people cant actually play the game and/or report/test bugs.

tbh they just need to spend 1 hr testing a patch before they release it. they would of caught alot of bugs.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:01 AM, Skorne said:

Impatient much? They'll release it when it's ready for release.

Are you kidding me? Are you saying everyone is expected to keep there mouth shut and not ask anything? it's been three whole months since the original beta and there has been barely anything added since. With the exception of character refreshes/additions that have been separate from ROT.

Not only that, Klei hasn't been giving any insight on when the new update will come out. Which is putting so much air in people's head, making them unsure and what do you know, impatient! 

People are allowed to ask questions and get a little antsy if it's been this long, it's absolutely fine to ask questions.

46 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

Are you kidding me? Are you saying everyone is expected to keep there mouth shut and not ask anything? it's been three whole months since the original beta and there has been barely anything added since. With the exception of character refreshes/additions that have been separate from ROT.

Not only that, Klei hasn't been giving any insight on when the new update will come out. Which is putting so much air in people's head, making them unsure and what do you know, impatient! 

People are allowed to ask questions and get a little antsy if it's been this long, it's absolutely fine to ask questions.

Well klei is an indie studio that doesn't do crunch time schedules, and it's basically a thing that klei is sometimes late with games...

Also I saw you commenting on hamlet forums so you must know too that it was in-fact-o also delayed.

Every studio has a schedule, big and small.

KLEI released their schedule already to us which cause the people to raise the quest of whats going on.

He is expressing a valid point.

I brought this up before, what has changed since the delay? The game gets more bugs every "update" that makes it unplayable in some sort of way. Nothing substantial has been added to the beta.

I think people just want to know what going on and maybe some insight from KLEI, if they are only focusing on character refresh right now and beta is on the back burner it should be expressed since they did release a schedule with dates regarding it.

hAhaAHaaaa... silly mee... 

I thought I was gonna play the RoT update until classic WoW comes out...

Now at my luck its probably gonna coincide with its release and I have to tell my DST friends to go nag themselves when they ask me to join our common server which we had planned a long time ago... but then again my bae scheduled a 2 week holiday from work for classic WoWs release so... yeah floop me I guess..

I mean I respect their "pErfEct QuAlitY bEfoRe wE reLeaSe nEw ConTent"... but yeah, what does Klei have to lose? I wish they would just amp it up a bit or give us tiny bits of new content every 2 weeks or so.. I really liked the A New Reign release schedule.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, maradyne said:

I just hope that they're done giving dates on stuff; better off giving a general roadmap of what's coming, then surprising us a few days before it's set to come out. These delays are quite the hype-killers. Already hard to find people IRL who're interested in games, much less games like this. It doesn't help when the conversation about updates goes something like "Well, they might update when they said they would...possibly. Well, the previous updates have taken increasingly longer amounts of time than the initial announcement said, they haven't actually managed to release anything on time in a good while...yea, uh, I don't know?"

I mean, I get why delays happen. But...that's kinda a normal part of development? Planning for the worst and all that. Giving a significant amount more time than needed to work those things out.
I used to do release-day servers where a bunch of new players would gather, when updates hit for games like Terraria or Minecraft. That's impossible with this game. Which I guess is fine; different games, different teams and all that.
But...
The bait and switch isn't good for anyone. It's definitely not helping public image, and it's not helping convince new players to try the game, or to stick with it.

Please, just stay away from dates in the future. It's not working.

Yeah man... for years with DST and my friends its been smth like "yeah... we totally wanna start a new server, another mega base, 2000 day world, whatever... but well a new update is gonna come out (@ soonishTM) so lets rather wait and not start now cause its not worth it and we might lose our progress again)...

Well when these promised updates then take like half a year to actually take place its really painful and in the end my buddies often end up losing all their interest in the game by the time the update has finally come out..

They really do kill the hype with these delays.

I love Klei, I love DST, I think they are real exception and good company in this corporate greed game company meta. But man it's become a habit already for them to be heavily delayed on all their announcements... and there is always one kinda up ahead.. be it DST or singleplayer with the Hamlet stuff a while ago... I most of the time find myself in a "ughhh.... na lets wait till the new update before I start over" mood, ending up not playing much at all throughout the entire year.. its annoying.

I am not sure Klei is aware how much this poses a problem to some of their playerbase.

I mean there might be people who could consider this a spoiler? But I personally would feel much better already if they like every week showcased one future asset of their upcoming game, be it a new tree, critter or craftable, whatever... 

I would love some more transparency.

15 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

There has been content since the announcement, has there not? It's better that they fine tune it instead of releasing a product they're not happy with.

What content? Character reworks arent considered beta. Heck main had them before beta.

You talking about the thousands of sea stacks that broke some players game?

What beta content are you referring to?

41 minutes ago, Skorne said:

There has been content since the announcement, has there not? It's better that they fine tune it instead of releasing a product they're not happy with.

2 hours ago, Faultz said:

What content? Character reworks arent considered beta. Heck main had them before beta.

You talking about the thousands of sea stacks that broke some players game?

What beta content are you referring to?

Did I mention the word beta anywhere in my post?

My mistake I  misread his post. I thought he was also pointing out the fact that no new Beta content has been added since the delay because that is another thing.

They delayed it, and just been fixing bugs nothing substantial has been added to the beta but the game keeps breaking every update for it.

I guess  you could question the amount of progress since delay? You can say they are fixing bugs but with every update more bugs are created that werent there previously.

Archived