Printing Pod - can it drop critters/plants/materials not present in your map preset?

So I know there's been some additions to the Printing Pod in the last week or two. I'm still unsure though.

Like gold where there's no slime biome, or a puft egg, or an arbor seed with no forest? Or does the resource need to exist on the map?

It can print critters not available on the asteroid. Or at least it could in the preview. I printed 2 pips and an acorn on Badlands. I also had the option to print pufts (none of those are available on that map). I never had gold (or gold amalgam) avaialble to be printed so i`m not sure about that one.

List of packages from game code. Look for "DiscoveredCondition" to check if resource must be discovered before printing.

(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.SandStone).tag.ToString(), 1000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Dirt).tag.ToString(), 500f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Algae).tag.ToString(), 500f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.OxyRock).tag.ToString(), 100f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Water).tag.ToString(), 2000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Sand).tag.ToString(), 3000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Carbon).tag.ToString(), 3000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Fertilizer).tag.ToString(), 3000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Ice).tag.ToString(), 4000f, () => this.CycleCondition(12)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Brine).tag.ToString(), 2000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.SaltWater).tag.ToString(), 2000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Rust).tag.ToString(), 1000f, null),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Cuprite).tag.ToString(), 2000f, () => this.CycleCondition(12) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Cuprite).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.GoldAmalgam).tag.ToString(), 2000f, () => this.CycleCondition(12) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.GoldAmalgam).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Copper).tag.ToString(), 400f, () => this.CycleCondition(24) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Copper).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Iron).tag.ToString(), 400f, () => this.CycleCondition(24) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Iron).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Lime).tag.ToString(), 150f, () => this.CycleCondition(48) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Lime).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Polypropylene).tag.ToString(), 500f, () => this.CycleCondition(48) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Polypropylene).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Glass).tag.ToString(), 200f, () => this.CycleCondition(48) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Glass).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Steel).tag.ToString(), 100f, () => this.CycleCondition(48) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Steel).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Ethanol).tag.ToString(), 100f, () => this.CycleCondition(48) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.Ethanol).tag)),
(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.AluminumOre).tag.ToString(), 100f, () => this.CycleCondition(48) && this.DiscoveredCondition(ElementLoader.FindElementByHash(SimHashes.AluminumOre).tag)),
("PrickleGrassSeed", 3f, null),
("LeafyPlantSeed", 3f, null),
("CactusPlantSeed", 3f, null),
("MushroomSeed", 1f, null),
("PrickleFlowerSeed", 2f, null),
("OxyfernSeed", 1f, null),
("ForestTreeSeed", 1f, null),
(BasicFabricMaterialPlantConfig.SEED_ID, 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("SwampLilySeed", 1f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("ColdBreatherSeed", 1f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("SpiceVineSeed", 1f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("FieldRation", 5f, null),
("BasicForagePlant", 6f, null),
("CookedEgg", 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(6)),
(PrickleFruitConfig.ID, 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(12)),
("FriedMushroom", 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("CookedMeat", 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(48)),
("SpicyTofu", 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(48)),
("LightBugBaby", 1f, null),
("HatchBaby", 1f, null),
("PuftBaby", 1f, null),
("SquirrelBaby", 1f, null),
("CrabBaby", 1f, null),
("DreckoBaby", 1f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("Pacu", 8f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("MoleBaby", 1f, () => this.CycleCondition(48)),
("OilfloaterBaby", 1f, () => this.CycleCondition(48)),
("LightBugEgg", 3f, null),
("HatchEgg", 3f, null),
("PuftEgg", 3f, null),
("OilfloaterEgg", 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(12)),
("MoleEgg", 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("DreckoEgg", 3f, () => this.CycleCondition(24)),
("SquirrelEgg", 2f, null),
("BasicCure", 3f, null),
("Funky_Vest", 1f, null)

Metallic materials, refined metals, lime, plastics, glass, steel, ethanol, all need to be discovered before they can emerge from the print pod. Others take a certain cycle to appear.

Items from the printing pod fall into one of 3 categories:

• Available directly (31/58)
  • Avaiable after a certain cycle has been reached (17/58)
  • Avaiable after a certain cycle has been reached and after the item has been discovered (10/58)

Materials count as discovered if they do have an entry in the material list at the right side of the screen; how you get your hands on the materials doesn't matter.

Critter Babies and Eggs either have a Cycle Condition or none at all, by Cycle 48 all of them are potential offerings. Plant seeds are similar, most are available from the start, others enter the pool of offerings at cycle 24.

Some plants do not have a corresponding care package: Mealwood, Buddy Bud, Sleet Wheat, Nosh Bean, Salt Vine, Water Weed, Sporechid, Gas Grass. Gassy Moos are only available from space as well.

The Gold Amalgam (Cycle 12+) care package is one of the 10 that do have the discovery condition tied to them. The remaining 9 are (cycle): Copper Ore (12), Copper (24), Iron (24), Lime (48), Plastic (48), Glass (48), Steel (48), Ethanol (48), Aluminum Ore (48)

On 7/31/2019 at 1:33 AM, Technoincubus said:

But waterweed seeds never drops it seems

If you dig one up you get a seed.  Never seen one drop one though because I don't grow lettuce.

Aside though, I do hope that all the seeds become available at some point.  Maybe not mealwood but all the others because it sucks being in an asteroid that doesn't have X and not being able to make it because you didn't discover it yet.

There is also one more interesting thing: it's seems that you can't get seeds from the printed plants that don't exist on the chosen asteroid. I wanted to make a small arbor tree plantation on Terra for making ethanol and feeding pips (also printed) and although I have received total of 4 or 5 seed throughout 300 cycles or so, I didn't get any from the plants themself.

On 01/08/2019 at 10:46 PM, mickaux said:

There is also one more interesting thing: it's seems that you can't get seeds from the printed plants that don't exist on the chosen asteroid. I wanted to make a small arbor tree plantation on Terra for making ethanol and feeding pips (also printed) and although I have received total of 4 or 5 seed throughout 300 cycles or so, I didn't get any from the plants themself.

I think you can't have seed from arbor tree and oxyfern even if they are naturally on the map. 
Wiki say drop chance = 0%

On 7/31/2019 at 4:56 AM, wronny said:

The Gold Amalgam (Cycle 12+) care package is one of the 10 that do have the discovery condition tied to them. The remaining 9 are (cycle): Copper Ore (12), Copper (24), Iron (24), Lime (48), Plastic (48), Glass (48), Steel (48), Ethanol (48), Aluminum Ore (48)

Just read this post...

3 hours ago, thcana said:

I think you can't have seed from arbor tree and oxyfern even if they are naturally on the map. 

I had them drop. Arbor threes, oxyferns and pip eggs on Badlands that has none of that at start. So the wiki is wrong.

58 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I had them drop. Arbor threes, oxyferns and pip eggs on Badlands that has none of that at start. So the wiki is wrong.

how is it related on what i said ?
how is the wiki false agreeing to your statement ? 

7 hours ago, thcana said:

how is it related on what i said ?

Oh wait. I thought you meant the printer. My bad. If it`s chance from harvesting then yes you are not getting any seeds from trees from harvest, and oxyferns can`t be harvested anyway.

But pips have a chance to produce a seed from the tree. I can confirm it happening but apparently they only produce one per tree.

You can get stuff don't exist in your map...

Example: I didn't had forest and rust biome, but later in game I could print

Pip egg, rust, seeds (don't remember their names ;p), so don't worry, you need to get some luck

...or just load game again to reset loot from printing pod ;p

Archived