Ethanol mass production - energy balance

17 hours ago, OxCD said:

But ethanol distiller are consumming a lot, so the relation is not the same. Also, conveyor system must work more, as there's more mass.

The byproducts feels a bit useless to me, in such quantity. pDirt, pH²O, etc...

I understand your arguments guys, and I thought the same when I put in place my setups on this base, but the fact is I'm swimming into CO² ^^

I think I'll start to dump it into space, until I reach a proper pressure.

I should be worrying for nothing, everything is cool, power production/use seems to be balanced, petro gen are not stoppable by pressure, but as said I feel so much stuff around this production chain, it's weird.

i found that a ranched slickster eat Co2 like mad. I had 8 ranched slickster and I had problem feeding them co2. Of course I dont have many heavy machinery, except 1 natgas and 1 petrol gen that doesnt run all the time. Most of my energy comes from either hydrogen excess and steam turbines from volcanoes and steam geyser. 

1 slicker consumes 33.3g/s, 1 petroleum generator generates 500g/s, 4 distillers generate 666g/s. So you need 35 slickers (or 5 full stables) to deal with CO2 problem. But in my experience, slickers are kinda bug at this moment. I have closely observed them and in many times they didn't produce crude oil when peeing, so they consume way less than 33.3g/s 

About the gas pumps, there are many ways to skip them (construct the generators/distillers near slicker stables, build chimney so CO2 can fall down automatically to oil biome...) and in total save you 560W

31 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

lol ^^
How much co² do you produce?

9 petro gen (approx 30% uptime), 5 éthanol gen (approx 90% uptime), 20 éthanol distillery (approx 80% uptime), and 8 NG gen.

Yes, it's a factory ^^ I'm experimenting some playstyle, okay ??!? :D

21 hours ago, OxCD said:

1 gas pump will catch the CO² for 1 petro gen (500g/s). 240W

2 gas pump (not full time) will catch up the CO² Ethanol distillers production (669g/s) : 320W

you can get rid of the pumps by building the whole branch below the surface and using a vent system (atmo sensor with buffer gate and unpowered automatic door)

How many FPS you have with 200 slicksters? We need heavy optimizations again! :D

15 hours ago, OxCD said:

Yes, nearly.

You can, if your dups just don't have time to tune up everything. I've 22 dups, but still, they cannot tune every gen every day. And even the more skilled operator takes a lot of time to tune up only one gen.

Peppers are not consuming that much, and you don't need that much domesticated pepper neither. My dups already got 50+ moral, I skilled them only for 30/33, as it covers all errands they are assigned to. So pepper for moral is not essential here. I've got lime automatically  via a lot of pacu below my printer. And I don't need oxygen since electrolyzer are covering it and hydrogen is powering them via H gen.

I've nearly 200 slicksters , it doesn't cover at all the production. Then if I seal my rooms, dups will have no access to tune it up as much as possible. Or I'll need waterlock instead of complete sealing... That's an idea.

image.thumb.png.cf554a627dbc565b8d06ecca7bd0300c.png

You can count your FPS on one hand right?

25 minutes ago, cpy said:

How many FPS you have with 200 slicksters? We need heavy optimizations again! :D

You can count your FPS on one hand right?

Yup ! One phalanx and half :)

6 hours ago, OxCD said:

Yep I have something similar, except that I installed 4 distiller / gen, to be able to run at full time, and I would say it was needed ^^ The only difference is the door pump system. I didn't planned anything to compress the CO². I'm trying to play without those systems, as a matter of principle, but I think I will change sides and plan a door compression system or, better, a bead-pump, to suck all this CO².

I definitely inflict me to much rules out of principle... I should change that I think.

Actually, ethanol from the distillers only goes to the 2 gens on the left. But why waste the remaining space considering that dups are going to tune these constantly ;) so I placed 2 more gens that run on external sources.
About the door compression system, "no door compression" was originally one of the three laws all duplicants must obey in The Ham Colony, alongside "no buried geyser and volcano" and "nat gas is for cooking" (:D don't ask me why, I have no clues). But after a lengthy debate about the options currently exist for dealing with 2000 kg CO2 per cycle, the duplicants' council decided to make an exception for this one, at least until researchers discover a way to either increase the efficiency of gas pumps and carbon skimmers or stuff more gas into those oil-floaters :confused:

5 hours ago, Giltirn said:

Finally a way to make enough CO2 to satisfy slickster's hunger!

I've already 72 tamed and happy slicksters, and approx 150 tamed overcrowded, and trust it's not enough, at all. They don't eat that much, despite myself :?

how many carbon skimmers do u need to keep the CO2 at a controlled amount because i have a setup with the CO2 from the machines getting into the arbor tree room and overpressurising it. For the heat i have a really easy solution and that is running tungsten or gold radiant pipes with poluted water from slush geyser thru the room and then feeding it to pincha pepper nuts

Archived