How to get more acorn tree seeds reliably?

Hi ppl so i was wanting to expand my tree farms i only have like 12. I heard somewhere that pips are the only way to get seeds. Is that legit? I setuped a beautyfull forest but without seeds :p. Im ranching pips to release extra ones to harvest seeds and see if it works.

i have had pips get acorns from trees, but i found it to be rather rare. i'm not certain what the exact requirement is to get the pip to get acorns from the trees. i have had several 100 cycles go without any additional acorns.

1 hour ago, Xadhoom said:

i'm not certain what the exact requirement is to get the pip to get acorns from the trees

I believe each tree can be foraged once for an additional acorn. To get more they need to be replanted.

See below.

Last time I checked, the chance of tree "growing" an acorn was 5% every time it grows a branch. Not instead - in addition. Doesn't happen if the tree has all branches.

If you want to speed up acorn spawning, prune branches. There's no way to automate this, though.

4 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Last time I checked, the chance of tree "growing" an acorn was 5% every time it grows a branch. Not instead - in addition. Doesn't happen if the tree has all branches.

This means, there is a chance acorn just dropping, or we still need pips?

13 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

If you want to speed up acorn spawning, prune branches. There's no way to automate this, though.

I can confirm that. Removing the branches with the digging tool makes pips rummage the trunk for a new acorn. I got 2 seeds from 8 arbors almost immediately.

13 minutes ago, abud said:

This means, there is a chance acorn just dropping, or we still need pips?

You still need the stupid critter to rummage the tree. It can only rummage the trees that have an acorn, it won't try doing it to "empty" trees.

Archived