this simple setup gives you totally free heat.

i dont know what to use it for, but i guess it could maybe be possible to generate power by using steam turbine.

there probably is better ways to do it, but this heat is totally free.

freeheat.PNG.2fc11fb61ee6ce033358f9c5eabbc7bf.PNG

note: you do not need a meep

34 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

its a one-time payment for infinite heat

OK, I see. So transformers release heat not only while being powered but also after fully charged and without any power draw? That seems to be an overlook by developers.

Just now, Angpaur said:

OK, I see. So transformers release heat not only while being powered but also after fully charged and without any power draw? That seems to be an overlook by developers.

no, they draw power from each other

transformer 1 produces 1000 w/s, and consumes 1000 w/s, which it gets from tranformer 2

tranformer 2 produces 1000 w/s , and consumes 1000 w/s, which it get from transformer 1

1 minute ago, Angpaur said:

OK, it was not visible well in your screenshot how the transformers are connected.

Looks like this exploit might be impossible to fix.

Actually it's very easy to fix, just have transformers behave like batteries in regards to their charge and bleed off some of it to 'produce' the heat.

1 hour ago, suicide commando said:

just have transformers behave like batteries in regards to their charge and bleed off some of it to 'produce' the heat.

I would love something like this aswell, but for an other reason:

Right now transformers are the better batteries than the actual batteries ...

[I only build batteries if I want an automation signal^^]

It's a known source of heat and yes you can produce power with a steam turbine. However you only get 0.9786 W from each transformer. To get 600 W (like a single coal generator) you need 613 transformers, which will require 122.6 tons of steel to build.

Yes it's free energy, but the gain is so minor that it's not realistic to use it to power your base.

28 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

It's a known source of heat and yes you can produce power with a steam turbine. However you only get 0.9786 W from each transformer. To get 600 W (like a single coal generator) you need 613 transformers, which will require 122.6 tons of steel to build.

Yes it's free energy, but the gain is so minor that it's not realistic to use it to power your base.

just make a small base, and fill the rest of the map with transformers :D 

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Right now transformers are the better batteries than the actual batteries ...

Seems doubtful. The effort required to keep the batteries cool is FAR higher than paying the <1W tax per battery. Even if the goal is to create a farm of hot transformers for steam power, the net profit is A watt, and hardly even that.

There are far better profits to be had.

Archived