[Fun] Don't kill the bosses they might help you later ;D

I decided to don't kill the assasin the second night ... 1 day after I meet him in a bar ... I give him a present to unlock his bonus and when i star a mission near of him ... he decided to help me :D

What a fabulous mate ahah ;D

Assassin-help.png

8 minutes ago, HolyDeath said:

Is it worth to kill people at all?

Depends. Not killing a person will lead to them hating you. Killing a person will lead to a friend of theirs hating you. You're kinda stuck, really.

26 minutes ago, rivercityransom said:

Actually, not killing someone will only lead to them disliking you, so killing is almost always a worse option.

I think the problem is currently every one has exactly 1 single friend and there are no other consequences for killing - like shouldn't they have rivals? Wouldn't a few thief/raider death hypothetically affect certain merchant prices because it's now safer? Conversely some deaths should have wider ramifications. Obviously it'd be hard to balance and we currently don't have an intel system that let you decide whether killing/sparing/befriending a character is the most fitting way for you to go forward, so there's rarely any reason to kill. (There are a few kill with no hatred though - first night Spark Baron boss, devs changed the second night Assassin to this, and the Admiralty rescue mission if the soldier happened to be a deserter).

Killing people gives you special status cards, which are usually reasonably good. You don't get a choice on which one you get, so it might just end up wasting space in your deck. Some quests also "require" that you kill people, and if you don't, you have to justify yourself to the quest giver, wasting resolve that you would prefer sparing for some other negotiation. But yeah, mostly you don't want to kill people. People hating you is pretty bad.

When I kill people is usually by mistake, when they don't want to surrender or when one of my allies kill him...

Yes, killling ennemis is always bad... even the card that you can earn with that are not so good.
Yeah that should be good to improve this mechanic ... maybe have more negative but also positive sides effect?

29 minutes ago, Lightraf said:

When I kill people is usually by mistake, when they don't want to surrender or when one of my allies kill him...

Yes, killling ennemis is always bad... even the card that you can earn with that are not so good.
Yeah that should be good to improve this mechanic ... maybe have more negative but also positive sides effect?

Unstable (0 cost, draw 1 and play it without cost. Expend) is one of the best Negotiation card you can get though. 

Just don't get Very 'Convincing' and Dangerous... oh, but you have no control over that.

Joking aside, I tend to pick Hostile cards so Dangerous actually helped me from time to time. Still a clunky card though.

7 hours ago, Fire-Dragon-DoL said:

Wait, isn't killing already giving you improved loot?
I always going for "kill" unless I'm trying to make a diplomacy deck...

I don't think so. You do get some shills when you kill someone, and sometimes items when you kill monsters, but I have not noticed any difference in the cards you get.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:35 AM, SoM said:

I think the problem is currently every one has exactly 1 single friend and there are no other consequences for killing - like shouldn't they have rivals? Wouldn't a few thief/raider death hypothetically affect certain merchant prices because it's now safer? Conversely some deaths should have wider ramifications. Obviously it'd be hard to balance and we currently don't have an intel system that let you decide whether killing/sparing/befriending a character is the most fitting way for you to go forward, so there's rarely any reason to kill. (There are a few kill with no hatred though - first night Spark Baron boss, devs changed the second night Assassin to this, and the Admiralty rescue mission if the soldier happened to be a deserter).

I really like the idea of rivals, or like the idea of killing certain people netting you allies. Like if I kill a spree, shouldn't there be a number of Admiralty and merchants who've had it out for the guy and are grateful? It would be nice if killing had more consequences to weigh, it wasn't just that people hated you but that some others may appreciate what you did so you have to weight risks and benefits you know?

Archived