One single Pip in my algae room

The pip was the one and only living being in there.... no dupe, nothing on the floor except bottles with polluted water. Doors are closed 95% of the time....

And yeah... I like symetric base designs :D - just testing a low maintance / low water / elecricity consumption base concept again. Dirty water from the toilets are for watering reeds. 2 are enough to eat all the polluted water, any food poison is completely deleted / erased. The offgasing is feeding the deoxidisers which are feeding the hatches >> coal for the energy... you know the drill.

To be honest: I dont have any clue... it was running for 70+ cycles perfectly fine and after the pip got caught I had this mess in my algae room. Maybe the cause is other strange stuff... strange game anyways. Opened a really tiny hydrogen bubble and now I have 66kg per tile on around 100+ tiles? Not sure what happened either :)

3 minutes ago, Frater Bartmoss said:

I dont have any clue

Do you have ethanol? If you do, the most likely is that your dupes got drunk when you were not looking and at least one of them don't care where to pee when tipsy.

I always dream of having a nice symmetrical base, but inevitably, it turns into a disaster. I always plan on rebuilding once I have better tech, but that never happens. I think most of it is, I don't know the systems I need to build by heart, so they start off being all wonky.

Aye, it took a while for me to grasp how to build bases I enjoy. How to describe? The basic idea is the same like a control deck in a trading card game: Remove the possible interaction with the opponent (asteroid), create an save envoirement which ignore everything outside the base. Own temperature, air >> nothing except clean water and clean food will enter the base. Remove all the storage container inside the base (except the ones for automation) as soon as you are done or set them to sweep only... stuff like that. Try to reduce the automation to simple stuff like the watering:

Clock 1 + Clock 2 >> Or-Gate >> watering two times a day the algae. If watering >> close the outer door, so dupes wont get wet feets. The inner door directly to the algae terrariums will only open if the pressure in the base is to low. What is happening? The terrariums wont be cleaned up as long as the pressure is high enough. No water will be wasted (hopefully).

The dupes cant water the algae as well, because only the medicine guy and the cook can enter the room with the pitcher pump. And they dont have allowance to enter the algae terrarium room :D

Something I did in an another game: Space Engineers. Think in modules, add them together, get a working base. A bathroom with 14 or 15 tiles is always 2 sinks, 2 toilets, 2 showers, build it anywhere in the middle of a base and you are good to go.

20190712184319_1.thumb.jpg.7dce0f7a3303a0348ec97d592da664a8.jpg

1 hour ago, Frater Bartmoss said:

Opened a really tiny hydrogen bubble and now I have 66kg per tile on around 100+ tiles? Not sure what happened either

There is a pretty good change this one is gaseous matter conversion. If you include your save file, and point me to where the problems started, I could probably do a forensics analysis to explain how you ended up with this much hydrogen. :) It's a bug, that affects people in all kinds of fun ways.  Though it's also completely tamable, and usable, to construct massive amounts of whatever gas you want

Archived