Low Scan Quality?

It's because you only have 1 dish.  The single dish itself is getting 67% quality, but it needs to work as part of a network of other dishes to get the rating up.  By itself, the single dish can only produce a network quality of 22%.

So you need to set up 4 more of those, on the same automation input line, to get the network up.

7 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

It's because you only have 1 dish.  The single dish itself is getting 67% quality, but it needs to work as part of a network of other dishes to get the rating up.  By itself, the single dish can only produce a network quality of 22%.

So you need to set up 4 more of those, on the same automation input line, to get the network up.

Reread the original post. I'm trying to figure out why the scan quality is low. I'm well aware I need more dishes to raise the network quality.

In my opinion they should display the range with the white tiles to the left, right and top. That would be nice and would help to understand what they are meaning. A similar problem you have with the observatory. They just told you 5 tiles free sight... 5 Tiles from what? Count from half the building? From the outer left/right building? That are avoidable situations, but the devs think all the players are clairvoyant. So, white tiles are welcome here. :D

3 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

It is 13 tiles from any bunker door and 13 tiles from any other building such as another scanner, generator etc. If you respect these spaces you have 100% scan quality and with 6 of them, 100% network too.

Nah, bunker door doesn't count.

Archived